What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guy sends girl a bill after she "ghosted" him after first date... (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Good schtick here. 

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/first-date-invoice-twitter/

From link:

Today in “online dating can be a nightmare” news, an Indiana woman recently went out on a first date with a guy and ended up getting invoiced for her meal after she decided she didn’t want to pursue the relationship any further.

In a thread Wednesday, Twitter user Amanda Burnett shared a photo of an itemized list of food and drinks she’d consumed over the course of the evening, which had been mailed to her house by her (obviously very chill) date.

“I’m posting this on Twitter bc it can prob go viral honestly,” she wrote. “Got this in the mail from a guy I went on a date with a few weeks back because I didn’t text him back. Lol.”

This guy better get used to dating Mary Palm and her five sisters. . . scratch that, I'm guessing he was cheating on them with this date.

I agree but we also don’t know how bad the date went. If he was rude or obnoxious, then he might not really deserve the courtesy. 
:no:

Even if he's a jerk, 10 seconds worth of text would have save humanity from the billing and the internet drooling. Thanks chicka. :thumbdown:

Based on how normal this guy seems to be, I’m sure he would have accepted her text and left her alone.
At least if he accepts the text, then perhaps he's not sending her an invoice and does a different stupid thing instead.

I wonder if it's real.  I generally don't know a girl's address before a first date.  I don't usually know her last name.  I'll admit I didn't read the article, so I suppose he could have picked her up or something.

It would have taken her 10 seconds to text something like "Thanks for dinner and it was a pleasure meeting you but I don't think we'll be a good match. Take care."
Sure, but not really necessary. If you text someone after a date and they don't respond then move on with your life. This isn't that hard. The idea of his shtick is pretty amusing but actually doing it is dumb and kind of creepy. His actions make it clear the woman probably did the right thing by ignoring him. If she had responded he probably would have gone passive aggressive and made a few more comments. 

I hope this guy learns a lesson from this and stops taking women out to dinner as a first date. That's an awful move. Keep it to drinks and something causal so either party can quickly bail if there's no connection. 

I'm mostly wondering what sort of place you'd spend the same on a beer as you do a Moscow Mule. I have no idea what a Moscow Mule is, but I assume it's an exhorbitantly overpriced cocktail. I figure the $10 on both includes the tip. If a beer is $10 after tip, I'd think the cocktail would be more in the $14-15 range. But I'm not up on the bar scene these days.

The guy pulled a doosh move but what about the woman?

- She wouldn't text him back but texted him back later to eff off

- She knew it would go viral, posted it on Twitter then deleted her account.

She doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Sure, but not really necessary. If you text someone after a date and they don't respond then move on with your life. This isn't that hard. The idea of his shtick is pretty amusing but actually doing it is dumb and kind of creepy. His actions make it clear the woman probably did the right thing by ignoring him. If she had responded he probably would have gone passive aggressive and made a few more comments. 

I hope this guy learns a lesson from this and stops taking women out to dinner as a first date. That's an awful move. Keep it to drinks and something causal so either party can quickly bail if there's no connection. 
For years now I insist on going Dutch on the first date or just doing something free.

once we are banging I’ll be happy to pay for a few dates.

This is why I would always take my first dates to 7-11 for a Truckstopper and a small Slurpee.

bagger said:
Lol at the people defending this guy in here.

boo hoo she didn’t text you back. Man up and move on.
Fair enough opinion.  This is why men paying for a date is a problem in our new society where men and women are supposed to be equal.  If the date goes poorly, that is ok and normal, but as the recipient of the free meal, the social construct says that she should at least respond to the fellow and let him know to move forward as they had no chemistry.  That is what a normal person would do and since she breaks that normal rule, she is now a viral ##### forever.

Guys still pay for dates?  Of all the #### that has changed, how is this still a thing?  

Every time I read something that says man-up, I think of how this is just a women's shaming tactic.  Don't like something?  Man up?  

Put the shoe on the other foot.  Imagine saying a woman should just "woman up" and give the guy a beej, you know for the effort of setting up the date and paying for the meal, before ghosting.  Because we are all about equality right?  He pays, she blows him.  They both go their seperate ways.  Everybody is made whole in this situation.  

Guys still pay for dates?  Of all the #### that has changed, how is this still a thing?  

Every time I read something that says man-up, I think of how this is just a women's shaming tactic.  Don't like something?  Man up?  

Put the shoe on the other foot.  Imagine saying a woman should just "woman up" and give the guy a beej, you know for the effort of setting up the date and paying for the meal, before ghosting.  Because we are all about equality right?  He pays, she blows him.  They both go their seperate ways.  Everybody is made whole in this situation.  
Crazy talk! What next? Not spending 3 months salary on an engagement ring? 

bagger said:
Lol at the people defending this guy in here.

boo hoo she didn’t text you back. Man up and move on.
Right. And she's not out looking for a free meal. she went on a date, the man paid (as it should be), she didn't feel it and moved on. It happens. Guy needs to suck it up and go find another date, not invoice the last one. Nothing good comes from that. 

Right. And she's not out looking for a free meal. she went on a date, the man paid (as it should be), she didn't feel it and moved on. It happens. Guy needs to suck it up and go find another date, not invoice the last one. Nothing good comes from that. 
Why?

Ghosting is so pathetic. How hard is it to just tell someone you aren't feeling it? Grow the hell up. This world is doomed.

I once told a chick she owes me $10 for her drink after being a #### & she can paypal it to me. She, of course, did not reply. I had fun saying it & my friends got a kick out of it.

McJose said:
This is why I would always take my first dates to 7-11 for a Truckstopper and a small Slurpee.
You should pay if <double entendre for slurpee> and <awkward attempt to make truckstopper sound funny>

If you invite somebody to dinner, you pay for dinner. If you invite someone out for drinks, you pay for the first drink.  If you invite someone to a kid's birthday party, you provide food for all guests. Those are the rules and they are non negotiable.  It has nothing to do with dating. 

If you want to date someone you invite them to dinner. If the date is going well you might order a round of drinks or dessert or whatever.  That's not part of the obligation. 

The only exception is if she pulls the "I'm only here for the free meal" line.  That's breaking the rules. I invited you on a date and offered to pay for dinner.  You accepted dinner but not the date.  You're under no obligation to pay if she makes it clear she's not actually on a date. 

Because we're men and we provide. 
We provide? This isn't the 1950s anymore....although there is still a wage gap between sexes, a #### ton of women are currently bread winners in their family in today's world. I make more than my wife but not a whole lot more. She'd be perfectly fine on her own financially and be able to buy dudes dinners before she gave them the sexy time (don't do that please, mrs e.)

Users who are viewing this thread