What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your "go to" quick meal (1 Viewer)

I usually have a large whole turkey breast on hand from Costco. 

I mix up:

-Cubed turkey

-Guacamole (Sabra single pack)

-Feta Cheese

-Bacon pieces (Costco prepackaged)

-Black pepper

Pound of sliced brisket from a local bbq.  Split it up into 6-8 small tupperware containers and freeze them.

Flatbread cut-out (90 calories, 7g fiber, 8g non-fiber carbs for this flavor, others are higher calorie, available at Kroger's and Target)
Slice of sharp cheddar.  
BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's usually)
Microwave the brisket with the lid only cracked slightly to hold the steam in. (2oz = 90 calories)  

Around 400 calories or less depending on how much cheese and bbq sauce you use, and takes about 2 minutes to make. Has been a big part of my diet for months now. Easy portion control.

Last edited by a moderator:
start a pasta (bowtie best), thin-slice garlic, saute in butter, throw in can of italian tunny fish, pepper flakes, zest & juice of a lemon, splash of pasta water to saucify, throw in bowties, make a simple salad, boom. great cold, too, if you overmake

If you've already got cooked rice, shrimp fried rice is incredibly easy.

Cooked rice

"Salad" shrimp

Frozen mixed veggies

Sesame Oil

Soy Sauce

Eggs

Head the oil, mix in the rice, veggies, and shrimp.  Mix in soy sauce as you cook.  When it's warm cook the eggs in the same pan on the side and then mix in.

Nuked potato and pre-cooked frozen chicken breast strips; a little bit of butter and some powdered cheddar cheese on the tater.    I eat that almost daily.   

Wraps--just a variety of wraps.

Bacon wraps---cook the bacon on a foil lined cookie sheet in the oven to eliminate the mess.

Bacon/Lettuce/Tomatoes/Ranch dressing in a tortilla and you are good to go. 

Tonight I am doing Buffalo Chicken wraps.

Frozen Buffalo chicken strips in the microwave,

Cole slaw and bread and butter pickle chips wrapped up.

I also will get a package of the Hawaiian sweet rolls. Don't break them apart, but cut them horizontally down the loaf. Ham or Turkey slices and whatever cheese you like layered on. Put the top back on and spread melted butter on the whole deal. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until everything is all melted and it is good to go. Variations of this are all over the internet.

I also will get a package of the Hawaiian sweet rolls. Don't break them apart, but cut them horizontally down the loaf. Ham or Turkey slices and whatever cheese you like layered on. Put the top back on and spread melted butter on the whole deal. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes until everything is all melted and it is good to go. Variations of this are all over the internet.
Have done this a few times with ham and cheese. Very tasty.

Brown a pound of ground beef/turkey/stew meat etc and drain. Throw in a can of mushroom soup, chopped onions, mushrooms and a cup of milk. Simmer for a bit then add a cup of sour cream and simmer again for a bit. Throw it on some cooked egg noodles for a poor mans beef stroganoff.

Either steak with garlic and rosemary roasted potatoes or grilled chicken with my garlic cream sauce over pasta:

Garlic Cream Sauce

You can leave out the cream and it’s a good white wine and garlic sauce if you want.

Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 3 or 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • Tablespoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups heavy cream (sometimes I use less, more like 1 cup.  Depends how creamy you want it)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
I never measure so these amounts are approximations.  You can make it to taste.

Directions:

• In a saucepan, heat the butter.  Add the garlic and rosemary and cook over low/moderate heat until garlic is turning brown, about 1 or 2 minutes.
  • Add the wine and bay leaves.  Simmer over low/moderate heat until the wine has reduced by about half.  Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
  • Add the chicken stock and boil over medium high heat until reduced a good amount.  Boil for about 15 minutes.
  • Add the cream and simmer over low heat until reduced a little and is thickening, about 5-10 minutes.   Make sure you turn the heat down from where you had it when you put in the chicken stock.  It is important to keep the heat low and mix occasionally when you put in the cream otherwise you can “break” the cream and it becomes oily instead of creamy.
  • Take the bay leaves out and season with salt and pepper to taste.  You can add a teaspoon or so of lemon juice if you want too.  I rarely ever add the lemon juice or any extra salt or pepper, though.
  • This sauce goes with a lot of different things.  I usually put it over grilled chicken or fish along with pasta or rice.  You can make this as a pan sauce if you want, but I would dump out any butter or oil you used to cook the chicken or fish before adding the fresh butter and starting the sauce.

Spanish Rice

fine chop an onion, slice up an pepper (orange/yellow/red). Brown a pound of ground beef, toss in onions, peppers and garlic. Add in a cup of uncooked minute rice, a can of tomato sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. Add spicy mustard, red pepper and assorted southwest spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, serve.

best cooked in an electric frying pan.

tacos.

I make 4lbs of taco meat at a time and freeze it in 1lb freezer bags.

Just need to chop tomato and onion and lettuce ...2 minutes.  

I use canned refried beans with a little taco sauce in the bottom of the taco shells and bake till warm.  

ETA:  also use this to make taco pizzas in the oven too - similar to Taco Bell's pizza.

What type of sauces? I’m a sauce guy, I’ll order something at a restaurant if it has an interesting sauce
Mostly salsas. I just buy whatever looks good from grocery. Big fan of the Verdes and Tomatillos. Maybe a little Sriracha which always makes everything better.

My friend's wife is Mexican and makes this sauce I haven't really heard of she called "Guacamole Salsa" figured it was some family thing. It's amazing. Found it recently at the store: Guac Salsa

Spanish Rice

fine chop an onion, slice up an pepper (orange/yellow/red). Brown a pound of ground beef, toss in onions, peppers and garlic. Add in a cup of uncooked minute rice, a can of tomato sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. Add spicy mustard, red pepper and assorted southwest spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes, serve.

best cooked in an electric frying pan.
I will make this. Love spanish rice.

Pasta carbonara. 

Basically two eggs mixed with parmesan. Mix in with the pasta once its not too hot to curdle the eggs. salt and pepper. 

Got a piece of ham or some frozen carrots and peas? Throw them in too. 

Salmon with some mixture of honey/mustard/soy sauce/garlic glaze with potato and vegetable and salad.   Going sweet potato and asparagus tonight. 

Making chicken ranch burgers right now:

2 lbs ground chicken

1 ranch seasoning packet

Shredded cheese (I use a cup or so)

I make them up ahead of time and they’re ready to go.  Easy and delicious recipe.  Works great with ground chuck too.

Flatten a chicken breast to a quarter inch or so. Season it well with salt, pepper, garlic powder.

Saute in a little olive oil while boiling pasta (usually penne) and heating jarred Alfredo. Sometimes nuke a a bag of broccoli

Cut chicken into strips

15 minutes start to finish 

Buckychudd said:
If you've already got cooked rice, shrimp fried rice is incredibly easy.

Cooked rice

"Salad" shrimp

Frozen mixed veggies

Sesame Oil

Soy Sauce

Eggs

Head the oil, mix in the rice, veggies, and shrimp.  Mix in soy sauce as you cook.  When it's warm cook the eggs in the same pan on the side and then mix in.
:thumbup:  I make this often. Had it just a few days ago. I use frozen shrimp and they work fine too. I add some chopped frozen onions as well. Saute those in the sesame oil until soft. Next, add the veggies and saute till thawed out. scoot that over to the side and scramble your eggs, then add shrimp, soy sauce, Uncle Ben's Brown Ready Rice, and cook till shrimp are hot. Super easy and quick, very filling and fairly healthy meal. 

I grill up 7-8 chicken breasts every Sunday so they are always handy.

We are talking fast here..not gourmet.

For a 5 minute meal my wife always has some Lean Cuisines in the freezer. Pick out any flavor as they always have some sort of sauce.  Dice up chicken breast and some onion of whatever veggie is handy and you have a high protein low calorie 5 minute meal. 

Would not want a steady diet but when you are hungry and in a hurry it works.

The other fast food is Ramen Noodle.  Add extra water then toss shrimp or whatever protein and veggie you have handy.  Add a little Habenero sauce and you have spicy ramen noodle soup

I grill up 7-8 chicken breasts every Sunday so they are always handy.

We are talking fast here..not gourmet.

For a 5 minute meal my wife always has some Lean Cuisines in the freezer. Pick out any flavor as they always have some sort of sauce.  Dice up chicken breast and some onion of whatever veggie is handy and you have a high protein low calorie 5 minute meal. 

Would not want a steady diet but when you are hungry and in a hurry it works.

The other fast food is Ramen Noodle.  Add extra water then toss shrimp or whatever protein and veggie you have handy.  Add a little Habenero sauce and you have spicy ramen noodle soup
btw ...I do this for the wife who is currently keto-ing.  She likes it shredded and I'll be damned if this little trick doesn't kick some real ###.  

One of the reason I like living where I live is because there are 20 restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk from my place.  If I want something really quick and don't want to put in the effort to cook, I will just go out.  There are 5 pizza places alone that are within 4 blocks, all of which are open late.

Quick / Easy? ... half the stuff posted here would take me an hour to prepare and clean up.

If I need measuring utensils ... or a mallet to flatten the meat, it is not fast nor easy.

My quick / easy go to meal would be grilled or fried hot dogs. I keep the oscar meyer bun length "selects" at the ready.

If you've never had OM Select then I highly recommend (no nitrates and tasty).

If I have more time it's the classic tuna melt. HAS to go into the toaster oven "open faced" to heat the tuna. Then add the american cheese to melt. Then add the top bread to toast. To save the bottom bread from burning, I put the sandwich on a stone after the tuna is warmed.

If I'm really pressed for time (or just lazy) Pita chips and hummus.

Quick / Easy? ... half the stuff posted here would take me an hour to prepare and clean up.

If I need measuring utensils ... or a mallet to flatten the meat, it is not fast nor easy.
:goodposting:

The Nature Raised grilled chicken breast strips at Costco are perfect for the quick meals.   I'll make a chicken and spinach wrap when I need something in 5mins.

I just make a sandwich - sliced turkey, slice of Gouda, whole wheat bread toasted, leaf of lettuce, sundried tomatoes, and a small spread of pesto.  The toasting gives me enough time to assemble the rest.  2 minutes start to finish, 41 seconds to consume. 

When I have like 5 minutes to eat, this is my answer. I always keep some Nongshim Shin Bowls in the pantry. Add a hard boiled egg and some kimchi and wa-la, meal.

Breakfast edition: Olive oil in the pan, 2 eggs, flip after a couple minutes or so, cook for another 20 seconds or so. Open up english muffin in the meantime. Throw eggs on there, piece of swiss cheese. Done in about 3 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread