What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Morrissey's Political Hot Takes (1 Viewer)

I’m shocked squistion is going after Morrissey , a true friend of the lgbtQ community and btw one of my personal top 5 artists off all time

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
FUNFACT:Morrissey says Secret Service questioned him following comment about killing Donald Trump

Last edited by a moderator:
In the recent past, Morrissey has chimed in several times to share his distaste for the Royal Family. Today, in a new letter posted on True to You, he took some time to talk about the United States presidential election. After discussing the horrific shooting in Orlando, he criticized both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as well as media outlets like CNN and Fox News for their coverage of the shootings and the election in general. He also praised the “independent success” of Bernie Sanders.

Interestingly enough, the only song he has ever covered was The Jam’s That’s Entertainment.

From that conservative rag The Village Voice for my GB @squistion

I recently read a story about you aiding an elderly woman at the Strand bookstore, here in New York. If that is true, which books were you browsing through the time, and just what happened with the lady?
I’m no physician, but she seemed to be suffering a mild stroke. She fell backwards, and her eyes rolled into the back of her head. I didn’t know what to do other than to rub her arm gently and speak softly to her. I knew she could hear me, but she seemed to be traveling inwards . . . in that mid-state. It’s such a sin to fall ill in America and everyone’s petrified of medical bills, so I left it to the Strand to consider calling an ambulance. They didn’t, and I think it’s that fear of getting embroiled in something that could cost you money. I was by myself, and I later recalled how several customers actively zoomed away from the woman when she fell. Aren’t people weird?

In Rome a few weeks ago, a pigeon was zapped by a passing motorbike, and people just stepped over it as it writhed in agony in the center of the road. I ran into the road and picked it up and carried it to a dark corner. It was bloodied and dazed, but I returned later with bread and it responded very well. The point is, nobody would help the pigeon. People are so embarrassed to help. It’s as if they can’t forget about themselves for a split-second.

I  may not agree with his extreme progressive views but he’s a great musical artist. Go back to your oingo boingo 
His views are not extreme progressive. Saying that Hitler was left wing is something you would expect to hear from your drunken uncle who shows up wearing a red hat at the family barbeque.

On his own website, Morrissey has voiced support for a far-right anti-Islam party, which is called For Britain, an off-shoot of UKIP supported by Tommy Robinson and founded by the anti-Islam activist Anne Marie Waters.

His views are not extreme progressive. Saying that Hitler was left wing is something you would expect to hear from your drunken uncle who shows up wearing a red hat at the family barbeque.

On his own website, Morrissey has voiced support for a far-right anti-Islam party, which is called For Britain, an off-shoot of UKIP supported by Tommy Robinson and founded by the anti-Islam activist Anne Marie Waters.
:crazy:

you see what you want to see. 

BTW you fail to give him credit for LGBTQ causes because it doesn’t fit your imagined narrative nor to you acknowledge his pigeon story, both near and dear to your heart. Just your preconceived ideas

you see what you want to see. 

BTW you fail to give him credit for LGBTQ causes because it doesn’t fit your imagined narrative nor to you acknowledge his pigeon story, both near and dear to your heart. Just your preconceived ideas
Saying Hitler is left wing and publically supporting a far right anti-Muslim party on his website is not seeing just what I want to. That isn't balanced out by his being LGBTQ friendly. 

And I just glanced at your post - didn't bother to read it, as is my habit of any lengthy post that is printed entirely in bold and gives no link. I didn't see Morrissey mentioned and as far as I know it had nothing to do with this thread.

n Rome a few weeks ago, a pigeon was zapped by a passing motorbike, and people just stepped over it as it writhed in agony in the center of the road. I ran into the road and picked it up and carried it to a dark corner. It was bloodied and dazed, but I returned later with bread and it responded very well. The point is, nobody would help the pigeon. People are so embarrassed to help. It’s as if they can’t forget about themselves for a split-second.
@squistion

I'm old, who is Morissey and why should I give a ####?
Not a surprising response, I was waiting for someone to say "What difference does it make?" referring to this thread.

Morrissey was the front man of the UK band the Smiths, who were active from 1982 to 1987. Since then, Morrissey has had a solo career and while not being that well known here, has been a success on the other side of the pond making the top ten of the UK Singles Chart on ten occasions and reaching number one on the UK Albums Chart three times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey

btw a lot of Morrissey bashing is actually thinly veiled gay bashing
I haven't seen any gay bashing in this thread, thinly veiled or otherwise. Can you provide one example of it?

Being critical of someone's political views who is perceived as being gay is not gay bashing.

And for the record he has never publically stated that he is gay - however, he has made varyingly claims over the years that he was celibate, a frustrated heterosexual, or bisexual.

I haven't seen any gay bashing in this thread, thinly veiled or otherwise. Can you provide one example of it?

Being critical of someone's political views who is gay is not gay bashing.
I’m not buying it. I fully expect a Joe Jackson bashing thread to come. UK Joe Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread