What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* *FBG* Consensus Mock Draft Pick 1.15 - Cardinals (1 Viewer)

What's the pick?

• Mason Rudolph

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Mike McGlichey

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Da'Ron Payne

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Calvin Ridley

• Mike Hughes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Davenport

• Maurice Hurst

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • DJ Moore

• Harlod Landry

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Josh Jackson

• Isaiah Wynn

• Hayden Hurst

• Curtland Sutton

• Leighton Vander Esch

• Neil Lomax

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
TAKE 2!

This is a mock draft done by poll. Each pick voted on by you hawk screechers. Here's where we're at: 

1.1 Browns take Sam Darnold (66% of the votes / 33 votes)

1.2 Giants take Josh Rosen (62.69% of the votes / 42 votes)

1.3 Jets take Josh Allen (52% of the votes / 23 votes)

1.4 Browns take Saqoun Barkley (50.7% of the votes / 36 votes to 30 for Chubb)

1.5 Broncos take Baker Mayfield (44% of the vote / 22 votes to 15 for Chubb)

1.6 Colts take Bradley Chubb (71.88%/ 23 Votes)

1.7 Bucs take Minkah Fitzpatrick (35% of the vote with 16 votes to Nelson's 13)

1.8 Bears take Quentin Nelson (77% of the vote / 20 votes)

1.9 49ers take Tremaine Edmunds (32% of the vote /  17 votes to 10 for Roquan Smith and 9 for Derwin James)

1.10: Raiders take Roquan Smith (52% of the vote / 25 votes)

1.11 Dolphins take Vita Via (40% of the vote / 17 votes)

1.12 Bills take Lamar Jackson (36% of the vote / 13 votes)

1.13 Redskins take Derwin James (38% of the vote / 18 votes)

1.14 Packers take Denzel Ward (62% of the vote / 23 votes)

1.15 YOU DECIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start adding the team needs from NFL.com in here.

15. Arizona Cardinals 
Record: 8-8 (.488) 
Top needs: QB, OL, WR, CB, S. 
The skinny: The Cardinals still should be looking for their QB of the future, even after signing Sam Bradford to a two-year deal. The Cardinals have Andre Smith at RT, but need more depth and competition there, as well as at center. Larry Fitzgerald is coming to the end of his career and help is needed in the receiving corps. The Cardinals need to add talent at both cornerback and safety following the release of Tyrann Mathieu.

Josh Jackson is probably the splashy pick, but he also only had one year of college production and has only played defense for 3 years, as he was a converted WR. That's kind of a glass half empty/full thing. He could be a bit raw for 2018 usage, or he could have a very high ceiling as he's already played great despite inexperience. 

McGlinchey would probably fill the biggest need, Andre Smith is currently penciled in as a starter, and he's been awful for at least 3-4 years. McGlinchey has the occasional slip up, but he shut down Bradley Chubb when Notre Dame faced NC State, which is makes me think(in an oversimplifying kind of way) either Chubb is overrated or McGlinchey is underrated. Probably a bit of both.

I personally like Rudolph more than 2 of the QBs already selected in this mock, but I can't see him going this high. I also think Arizona may feel good enough at QB, that they just roll with Bradford/Glennon, and don't take a guy(at least before round 4) until 2019.

WR is a big need, but I just don't see a guy who stands out here. I think that is going to be a WR problem in general that nobody stands out, so nobody takes one early. I could Carolina at 24 having their choice of the entire class, and they aren't a lock to go there either.

Ultimately, I went with Hurst again. At this point I think he might be the steal of the draft. Cards are moving to a 4-3, so an interior pass rusher will aid that shift. Somewhat related, I thought they missed Calais Campbell as much, or even more than David Johnson last year.

The Cardinals have a lot of needs.

I went with Mike McGlichey because Andre Smith is very bad but I could see them taking Hurst or a corner as well.

I went McMike too. They should be looking at a rebuild and best way to do that is early picks on positions with longevity. Protect QB and block for their best player makes sense. I know it's not a great draft for Tackles, but getting the first off the board works. 

Users who are viewing this thread