What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Danger of Posting On Internet: AKA Karma (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
Disclaimer: I think there's a slim chance that this whole thing is fake and setup by 1 person playing both parts, but only a slim chance. Awesome either way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/89wgwm/tricked_into_eating_something_i_dont_eat_at_work/

Start here and then make sure you click one of the links there to the archived original thread.

Summary: A woman posted to a legal advice subreddit asking about a work situation trying to find out if she could be in trouble and what she could do to avoid any trouble. Seems she had been a part of throwing a baby shower for a co-worker that was not appreciated. The pregnant woman was actually filing a complaint with HR about it. At first, that seems crazy. Except, it turns out that the pregnant woman is Jewish and some sects of Judaism are apparently incredibly superstitious and consider it extremely bad luck to even acknowledge the pregnancy, let alone have a baby shower. The co-workers knew that she was very religious and didn't want to talk about her pregnancy but still chose to throw her a baby shower anyway. The thread then started to go off the rails as the OP made some further comments that made it clear that they probably had an idea that the baby shower was a bad idea but did it anyway.

Fast forward to a week later and the thread I linked to. A woman posts to the same legal advice subreddit. She vaguely describes an incident at work where a co-worker knowingly lied to her about the ingredients in a pie she had made for a company potluck and encouraged the OP to eat knowing that the OP was avoiding certain ingredients. After not feeling well over the weekend and wondered of the food could have affected her or if it was the pregnancy, the OP mentioned something to the co-worker and the co-worker smirked and said "I told you God wouldn't strike you dead or anything." The OP was looking for advice because she said there had also been an incident the prior week and HR had totally blown her off.

Another poster made the brilliant connection and asked the OP if her food objection was rooted in religious beliefs and if the previous week's issue had been because her co-workers threw her a baby shower.

The pregnant lady was flabbergasted and incredulous that he would know that the prior week's incident had been over a baby shower and demanded to know how he knew. So they pointed her to her co-worker's prior post and told her to use an archived version and go get a lawyer for religious discrimination. 

An updated post from the pregnant lady said she did exactly that and that her now former company will be paying her a settlement. 

Crazy stuff.

TLDR: Bigot asks for legal advice and then her company gets sued when her religious co-worker asks for legal advice in the same subreddit a week later.

so who made the pie?  The original shower thrower?   So she was mad the woman didn't like the shower and made her eat a pie?   I got lost 

• Smile
Reactions: blk
so who made the pie?  The original shower thrower?   So she was mad the woman didn't like the shower and made her eat a pie?   I got lost 
I'm not sure that was ever specifically determined, but seems likely.

And yeah, it seems that she was mad that the woman complained to HR about the shower, so she made an unkosher pie, lied about it being kosher, and then encouraged the Jewish woman to eat it.

I'm not sure that was ever specifically determined, but seems likely.

And yeah, it seems that she was mad that the woman complained to HR about the shower, so she made an unkosher pie, lied about it being kosher, and then encouraged the Jewish woman to eat it.

I was specifically told it was safe for me and made for me. I’m also an idiot I know.

One of my coworkers was commenting on it all today after seeing me eat my sad work dinner, and said outright that it isn’t the end of the world if I eat the stuff I’m not supposed to because “a lightning bolt won’t come from heaven and kill you”. I sort of gave her a look and she laughed and said it didn’t when I ate the pie and told me what was in it

Users who are viewing this thread