What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Car help (1 Viewer)

bucksoh

Footballguy
So power steering fluid is leaking out of reservoir? Or where ever it is stored not sure what it is called.  It leaks only when I turn right, seems like it is blowing air and causing it to leak.  Anyone know if this is a quick fix.  Tia

So power steering fluid is leaking out of reservoir? Or where ever it is stored not sure what it is called.  It leaks only when I turn right, seems like it is blowing air and causing it to leak.  Anyone know if this is a quick fix.  Tia
Make only left turns.

What you're describing makes no sense ... unless maybe the reservoir is overfilled.

There is a line about halfway up where you're supposed to stop filling.

How can you tell it's only leaking when you turn right? Is someone steering while you have your head under the hood?

Is the fluid coming out from under the cap or somewhere else?

Are you using power steering fluid ... or did you put some other kind of oil in it?

What you're describing makes no sense ... unless maybe the reservoir is overfilled.

There is a line about halfway up where you're supposed to stop filling.

How can you tell it's only leaking when you turn right? Is someone steering while you have your head under the hood?

Is the fluid coming out from under the cap or somewhere else?

Are you using power steering fluid ... or did you put some other kind of oil in it?
I have it Jacked up, reservoir filled properly.  Fluid is coming out from the cap only when turn to the right.  Yes using power steering fluid. 

It was in shop during winter and they said they replaced the fluid lines but they only replaced the upper lines(rubber).  I'm thinking there is air in the line.  All other lines weren't  replaced.

to manually bleed  you just need to keep turning the wheels left and right.  If the fluid gets "foamy" you still have air in the system.

if you think this is the issue - there is a pressure valve to manually bleed the pump

But this doesn't sound like that :unsure:

belljr said:
to manually bleed  you just need to keep turning the wheels left and right.  If the fluid gets "foamy" you still have air in the system.

if you think this is the issue - there is a pressure valve to manually bleed the pump

But this doesn't sound like that :unsure:
A file has been shared using Link Sharing.
https://s.amsu.ng/BAfVML2tDIdN
(Expires: Apr 20, 2018)

So has anyone seen anything like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
bucksoh said:
I have it Jacked up, reservoir filled properly.  Fluid is coming out from the cap only when turn to the right.  Yes using power steering fluid. 

It was in shop during winter and they said they replaced the fluid lines but they only replaced the upper lines(rubber).  I'm thinking there is air in the line.  All other lines weren't  replaced.
There's a leak in the line somewhere, or in the rack itself - although if it was the rack I think you'd have leaking under the car. 

If the new o ring doesn't do the trick you might replace the whole cap.  Might have a small crack in it.   

Auto Zone will have the O Ring, maybe even the new cap.  If not Amazon will.  
Good point. Start with the simplest and cheapest explanation! 

Maybe I am seeing this wrong, but that looks like the fluid is filled above the max line.
Anybody else seeing that? 

That thing looks super full. Mine has a max line for when it is cold and when it is hot. The max line for when it is hot is well above the cold line so if it was filled cold to that line I would absolutely have fluid spewing out the top. 

ETA: Just looked on my computer and realized thats a video. On my phone I get a still shot (with a little bitty play button in lower corner) of right before it overflows so of course the fluid is way up there

Is that a dodge charger? 

Last edited by a moderator:

That thing looks super full. Mine has a max line for when it is cold and when it is hot. The max line for when it is hot is well above the cold line so if it was filled cold to that line I would absolutely have fluid spewing out the top. 
:goodposting:

ETA: Just looked on my computer and realized thats a video. On my phone I get a still shot (with a little bitty play button in lower corner) of right before it overflows so of course the fluid is way up there

Is that a dodge charger? 
Toyota Sequioa 

Users who are viewing this thread