What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL* *FBG* Consensus Mock Draft Pick 1.16 - Ravens (1 Viewer)

Call it

• Mason Rudolph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayden Hurst

• Calvin Ridley

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • DJ Moore

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Rashaan Evans

• Marcus Davenport

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Maurice Hurst

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Dallas Goedurt

• Harlod Landry

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Josh Jackson

• Isaiah Wynn

• Leighton Vander Esch

• Derrius Guice

• Billy Price

• Edgar Allan Poe

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
Let's keep this moving.

This is a mock draft done by poll. Each pick voted on by you hawk screechers. Here's where we're at: 

1.1 Browns take Sam Darnold (66% of the votes / 33 votes)

1.2 Giants take Josh Rosen (62.69% of the votes / 42 votes)

1.3 Jets take Josh Allen (52% of the votes / 23 votes)

1.4 Browns take Saqoun Barkley (50.7% of the votes / 36 votes to 30 for Chubb)

1.5 Broncos take Baker Mayfield (44% of the vote / 22 votes to 15 for Chubb)

1.6 Colts take Bradley Chubb (71.88%/ 23 Votes)

1.7 Bucs take Minkah Fitzpatrick (35% of the vote with 16 votes to Nelson's 13)

1.8 Bears take Quentin Nelson (77% of the vote / 20 votes)

1.9 49ers take Tremaine Edmunds (32% of the vote /  17 votes to 10 for Roquan Smith and 9 for Derwin James)

1.10: Raiders take Roquan Smith (52% of the vote / 25 votes)

1.11 Dolphins take Vita Via (40% of the vote / 17 votes)

1.12 Bills take Lamar Jackson (36% of the vote / 13 votes)

1.13 Redskins take Derwin James (38% of the vote / 18 votes)

1.14 Packers take Denzel Ward (62% of the vote / 23 votes)

1.15 Cardinals take Mike McGlichey (28% of the vote / 8 votes; 5 for Landry, 4 for Mo Hurst)

1.16 ????

nfl.com: 

16. Baltimore Ravens 
Record: 9-7 (.441) 
Top needs: WR, TE, ILB, OL, QB. 
The skinny: The Ravens should be looking to add a big-play TE for Joe Flacco, and still could stand to add a WR, even after signing Michael Crabtree. It would make sense for them to look to add a banger and/or a cover guy at linebacker. With the loss of center Ryan Jensen, the Ravens might have to shuffle and add pieces up front. Joe Flacco is 33 years old and his play hasn't matched his contract for three years. Finding a young QB with the talent to develop into a starter should be on their radar.

I voted Harold Landry here. The Ravens have been looking for a compliment for Terrell Suggs for so long, that they might be looking for an heir apparent at this point. Landry is the best pass rusher in the draft in my opinion, including better than Chubb, so the Ravens would be wise to end his slide. 

The team sucks, management sucks, and they have proven that they can't develop TE or WR talent from the draft.

They'll #### up this pick, and badly.
Damn, this a strong and bad take.

I know its a fun narrative that the Raven's can't develop WRs, and while it may be true, there really isn't that much evidence to support to it because they have only taken 2 wrs in the first 3 rounds in the past decade. The management has shown a history of preferring to pay vets (Boldin, SS, Crabtree, Wallace) and with the exception of Maclin last year, its mostly worked out fine. 

This pick will probably be something boring but solid, just like the past 2 years and most of the franchises history

I really can’t understand why people like Ridley over DJ. Just because he’s older and has had more time to practice routes?

I know its a fun narrative that the Raven's can't develop WRs, and while it may be true, there really isn't that much evidence to support to it because they have only taken 2 wrs in the first 3 rounds in the past decade. The management has shown a history of preferring to pay vets (Boldin, SS, Crabtree, Wallace) and with the exception of Maclin last year, its mostly worked out fine.
I've been a big fan of their veteran signings, and they've gotten solid production from retreads at both WR and TE. 

But to say that my claim lacks evidence is incorrect.  You said it yourself, they've only taken two players at WR in the past 10 years.  That absolutely screams that they can't (or won't) develop talent at that position.  We have the entire history of the Harbaugh regime to look back on, the dearth of progress speaks for itself.

Personally, I'm glad that this will be Ozzie's last year.  Looking at the schedule, they're staring at an 8-8 season, which should prompt the owner to send the entire coaching staff to the curb as well. 

The team needs an enema.  They are perpetually robbing Peter to pay Paul and because of it they are always in one of the worst salary cap positions in the league.  Burn it all down and start fresh with some guys who understand the current landscape of the league.

I've been a big fan of their veteran signings, and they've gotten solid production from retreads at both WR and TE. 

But to say that my claim lacks evidence is incorrect.  You said it yourself, they've only taken two players at WR in the past 10 years.  That absolutely screams that they can't (or won't) develop talent at that position.  We have the entire history of the Harbaugh regime to look back on, the dearth of progress speaks for itself.

Personally, I'm glad that this will be Ozzie's last year.  Looking at the schedule, they're staring at an 8-8 season, which should prompt the owner to send the entire coaching staff to the curb as well. 

The team needs an enema.  They are perpetually robbing Peter to pay Paul and because of it they are always in one of the worst salary cap positions in the league.  Burn it all down and start fresh with some guys who understand the current landscape of the league.
Flacco’s monster deal is the albatross on the team. He’s making like $28 million a year and giving you Bret Hundley level production.

I really can’t understand why people like Ridley over DJ. Just because he’s older and has had more time to practice routes?
I have Ridley ahead of Moore. He's a much better route runner, and while they timed similarly at the combine, Ridley's game speed seems faster. He's almost always open on tape. Moore also has a bit of a one year wonder status, as he'd been pretty ho-hum until 2017. 

Personally, I think either would be a reach by Baltimore at 16. There isn't a WR worth taking that high in the draft. Especially when guys like Michael Gallup and James Washington will likely be there for them in round 2.

I have Ridley ahead of Moore. He's a much better route runner, and while they timed similarly at the combine, Ridley's game speed seems faster. He's almost always open on tape. Moore also has a bit of a one year wonder status, as he'd been pretty ho-hum until 2017. 

Personally, I think either would be a reach by Baltimore at 16. There isn't a WR worth taking that high in the draft. Especially when guys like Michael Gallup and James Washington will likely be there for them in round 2.
Maryland’s passing offense was so bad. In 2016 Moore accounted for 40% of their receiving TDs and 28% of their receiving yards. That’s a nice year despite the low raw numbers. For perspective, in 2017 Ridley scored 22% of Bamas receiving TDs and 36% of the receiving yards. 

Ofcourse Ridley’s production came at an older age and on a team that was loaded with other NFL talent which took defensive focus off him.  Moore was the center piece of the entire Maryland offense.

Ridley should run better routes, he’s had 2 more years to practice them. 

Users who are viewing this thread