What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OBJ - Thoughts on this offer? (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
Thoughts This offer? Not enough in return?

16 team ppr IDP dynasty with 53 man rosters.

This is a big Giants fan that is asking what I would want for him.  I have a strong team that was top 3 last year.

OBJ for...

Jimmy G (my only QB is M Ryan)

J Mixon

Vic Beasley 

Next year's first (probably 1.10-1.16)

Thanks!

It's not a terrible offer but it still doesn't provide an elite impact guy in return.  In 16 team leagues it is important to have the game changing difference maker in your lineup.  A guy that can win a game all by himself.  OBJ is that guy and you wouldn't be getting one in return. 

I would look to get an impact player included (maybe instead of the 1.14 for this year).  I don't know the other roster to make any suggestions. 

How deep is your team? If you can start all those players then I would take the deal. Having a whole team of good starters is big in a 16 team league. Those extra picks can be really good assets. 

It's an OK offer.  I can see Gally and Ratbone's POV on this one.  Being in contention, I would lean towards passing on the deal since OBJ is by far the most valuable asset in the deal.  But if Mixon provides a big upgrade at RB, you have the WR depth to part with OBJ, and you think Jimmy G is the real deal, then I could definitely see taking the deal, since the picks would be gravy.  So I can't tell you what I would do unless I saw your team.

Yeah, really depends on your team. Will the upgrade from Rayn to Garrapolo + Mixon vs whoever he'd replace in the lineup be close to what you'd lose in OBJ? If it's close, then the youth in both Jimmy G and Mixon, plus the picks, helps set you up for the future. You may have been a top 3 team last year...but how old is your team? This deal might look a whole lot better for you in a year or two, which in Dynasty you have to take into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread