What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Things that people in your house do that annoy you. (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
I realize there's a more general 'annoyance' thread, but let's get a little more specific on the things that your wife or kids do at home that annoy you.  Mine include:

- leaving a bag of chips with just crumbs or drink container with sub-1/4 glass of liquid.

- parking car in garage that barely leaves room for second car.

- going and taking a shower minutes after I say, "dinner's almost ready"

My wife and the pile of shoes she let’s build up by the front door. She’s generally a neat person. There’s more clutter than I prefer since she buys too much stuff but it’s generally ok...except for all the damn shoes by the front door. I might leave a pair or at most 2, but I swear she won’t put any shoes back in her shoe rack until I start #####ing about it.

My wife is great but she STINKS at loading a dishwasher. For example, she'll put glasses/mugs on one of the little prongs instead of using that as the outer guide vs the edge of the rack as the other outer guide. So you're left with a couple inches of unused space...all over the place.  When it's "full" to her I can rearrange things to be literally half full.

It was funny when I was at my sister in law's (wife's sister) and heard her husband getting annoyed about her loading method. I took a look and it's exactly as my wife does it. Next time I was at her parent's house I made it a point to see how her mother did it, and of course, it's exactly the same.

I think teaching my daughter how to load it right is like #7 on my list of things to accomplish. Have to break this vicious cycle. 

Opening...something....anything...and leaving the plastic wrapper( or whatever they needed to remove to open the item) on the counter instead of putting it in the trash.

Leaving an empty box of anything in the pantry.  Sweet....there are pop tarts!...nope, box full of ### #### air!

Really grinds my gears.

My wife is great but she STINKS at loading a dishwasher. For example, she'll put glasses/mugs on one of the little prongs instead of using that as the outer guide vs the edge of the rack as the other outer guide. So you're left with a couple inches of unused space...all over the place.  When it's "full" to her I can rearrange things to be literally half full.

It was funny when I was at my sister in law's (wife's sister) and heard her husband getting annoyed about her loading method. I took a look and it's exactly as my wife does it. Next time I was at her parent's house I made it a point to see how her mother did it, and of course, it's exactly the same.

I think teaching my daughter how to load it right is like #7 on my list of things to accomplish. Have to break this vicious cycle. 
I will never expect my wife to load the dish washer.  I'm realistic.  But can't she at least rinse whatever sticky #### is on her dishes before dumping them in the sink?  Would save me 20 minutes of scrubbing a day.  

Wife - complete inability to put away her clothes.  I'm not a neat freak, but I do the laundry.  I wash, dry, sort, fold, and distribute everyone's clothes.  All  they have to do it put it away.  My wife will let it pile up for weeks and not put it away.  She had a pile next to her bed that you couldn't walk around or walk over. I was litterally walking through her pile of clean clothes to get in and out of our room.  She said she didn't have enough closet and drawer space.  So, I took a relatively unused office in our house and made it our walk in closet.  Put those shelving units on two walls so there were plenty of hanging space and shelf space.  This was last spring, and it has been pretty good but the pile next to her bed has returned, and I walked into the 'closet" the other day and there was a pile of folded, but not put away clothes laying right in the middle of the floor.  :rant:  

Kids (10 and 8) dropping their clothes/bags/shoes/ipads etc wherever the #### they want. I have a 1.5 year old that will then grab said items off the floor and transport them all over the house. 

So instead of a pile of clothes in the bathroom or school bags in the entry way #### is strewn about the house. 

no doubt, and there is just too much stuff to list...leaving a mess on the toothpaste tube, leaving one square of toilet paper on the roll...could go on and on.
The toilet paper roll thing, yes! 

Also, I don't know what it is about my wife, but she insists on squeezing the toothpaste from the middle. I spend time, anally-retentively squeezing the toothpaste up to the top and rolling the bottom up in nice, satisfyingly neat, flat folds so that a minimal squeeze down near the bottom will produce a perfect dollop of toothpaste. The next time I go to brush my teeth, it looks like an enraged silverback got into the toothpaste and was certain there was a tangerine or something in the tube, as long as it was squeezed hard enough. Seriously, wtf?

oh, and no one in my house knows how to load a dishwasher. Knives mixed in with spoons in the cutlery caddy. One huge tupperware bowl taking up the entire bottom rack. Bowls stacked all willy nilly, not utilizing proper stacking techniques of size gradations to maximize space and surface area washed. Drives me bananas.

also, if I let my wife pack the car for a trip anywhere, even for a weekend, it looks like the truck from Sanford and Son. We have luggage for god's sake! We don't need to stow loose blankets and hairdryers and 20 pairs of shoes in Target bags and trash bags. 

Kids - inability to close bags (cereal, chips).  We have mountains of chip clips and stuff, but I'll always pick up an opened bag and it will be stale, because someone can't take more than 2 seconds to put a clip on it.

For cereal, they destroy the box, so there is no way to use the little tab at the top.  Not that it matters because they haven't even tried to fold over the bag inside to delay the spoilage just a day or two.

Kids (10 and 8) dropping their clothes/bags/shoes/ipads etc wherever the #### they want. I have a 1.5 year old that will then grab said items off the floor and transport them all over the house. 

So instead of a pile of clothes in the bathroom or school bags in the entry way #### is strewn about the house. 
You should start picking all this up and stashing it in a trash bag somewhere for a while.  When they ask where something is, say, "beats me."  

The toilet paper roll thing, yes! 

Also, I don't know what it is about my wife, but she insists on squeezing the toothpaste from the middle. I spend time, anally-retentively squeezing the toothpaste up to the top and rolling the bottom up in nice, satisfyingly neat, flat folds so that a minimal squeeze down near the bottom will produce a perfect dollop of toothpaste. The next time I go to brush my teeth, it looks like an enraged silverback got into the toothpaste and was certain there was a tangerine or something in the tube, as long as it was squeezed hard enough. Seriously, wtf?

oh, and no one in my house knows how to load a dishwasher. Knives mixed in with spoons in the cutlery caddy. One huge tupperware bowl taking up the entire bottom rack. Bowls stacked all willy nilly, not utilizing proper stacking techniques of size gradations to maximize space and surface area washed. Drives me bananas.

also, if I let my wife pack the car for a trip anywhere, even for a weekend, it looks like the truck from Sanford and Son. We have luggage for god's sake! We don't need to stow loose blankets and hairdryers and 20 pairs of shoes in Target bags and trash bags. 
that's another peeve of mine:  packing for a weekend trip but it ends up looking like 10-day trip to Europe is on the docket.

My wife rarely shuts the door when using the bathroom for any reason.

My son is an absolute slob. Eats food with his hands all the time. I constantly have to yell at him for eating food with his hands. And Im talking soup, cereal, pasta with sauce, etc. We also have to vacuum the floor after he eats most of the time. He's almost 9!

Lights. Turn off the fuuuuuuuuuuuucking lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of them. TURN OFF THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opening...something....anything...and leaving the plastic wrapper( or whatever they needed to remove to open the item) on the counter instead of putting it in the trash.

Leaving an empty box of anything in the pantry.  Sweet....there are pop tarts!...nope, box full of ### #### air!

Really grinds my gears.
This

Everyday my wife leaves her empty K-cups and Splenda packs next to the coffee maker. Everyday I throw them away. I guess she has me trained pretty well.  :wall:

Also, leaving dishes with food in them in the sink. I'm not talking a little ketchup on the plate, I'm talking a cereal bowl with milk and cereal or a mug half full of coffee. 

My wife rarely shuts the door when using the bathroom for any reason.

My son is an absolute slob. Eats food with his hands all the time. I constantly have to yell at him for eating food with his hands. And Im talking soup, cereal, pasta with sauce, etc. We also have to vacuum the floor after he eats most of the time. He's almost 9!
Dude. Right there with you. Turns 9 in a week.

My wife will not touch the trash can in the kitchen.  Just pile it on top, with the lid propped open, building a little Jenga tower of trash until I get home, then I have to pull out a second bag, take the top 3 stories off just so I can wrestle the lid off and remove the bag from the can without spilling it all over the floor. 

And somehow it became MY job to change/scoop the litter box for HER cat while she was pregnant bc of rules.  Our kid is 3 now.  Guess who still handles the litter box? 

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife will not touch the trash can in the kitchen.  Just pile it on top, with the lid propped open, building a little Jenga tower of trash until I get home, then I have to pull out a second bag, take the top 3 stories off just so I can wrestle the lid off and remove the bag from the can without spilling it all over the floor. 

And somehow it became MY job to change/scoop the litter box for HER cat while she was pregnant bc of rules.  Our kid is 3 now.  Guess who still handles the litter box? 
I did not want the cats.  That's right, 2 f'ing cats.  But I also don't want to smell their turds, so I shovel them.  

Also, leaving dishes with food in them in the sink. I'm not talking a little ketchup on the plate, I'm talking a cereal bowl with milk and cereal or a mug half full of coffee. 
At least they put them in the sink! I can't tell you how many times I come home from work and still see my son's cereal bowl sitting on the kitchen table. My son cleaning up after himself (he's 13) is one thing but don't you think that for how many times my wife passes by the kitchen table during the day that she can't just pick it up and put it in sink?

I would either throw that sh@@ out or hide it and never give it back.

Lights. Turn off the fuuuuuuuuuuuucking lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of them. TURN OFF THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I invested in patio lights with dusk/dawn auto on/off.  Which works great, UNLESS SOMEONE TURNS THAT ####ING SWITCH. 

When my wife washes the dishes, she only gets through about 95% of the job and leaves that messier stuff (pots, pans, etc) to "soak". There is nothing more disgusting to me than a pot or pan full of disgusting food water with other pieces of wet food floating around in it. Those will usually sit there "soaking" until I finish the job. 

I get that sometimes it's easier to let things soak if they are baked on but nothing I have ever seen couldn't come off with a little elbow grease at the time you're washing the other dishes. 

Gawd, the dishes in the sink thing.....

Let's pile all the dishes in the sink without scraping them, so when I have to go do the dishes, I have to UNLOAD the sink to be able to then rinse them in the sink before I load the dishwasher.

JUST LEAVE THEM ON THE COUNTER LIKE I'VE TOLD YOU A HUNDRED MILLION BILLION TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Grass.

My backyard looks like a damn barrio street. Pure flattened dirt. So last fall I invested in having the yard reseeded so we can have grass. Gave explicit instructions to all family members that we need to stay off the lawn until the grass comes in so we can have a nice lawn again for everyone to play on.

I come home from work one day right as the baby grasses are coming up, and the wife and kids are out ON THE FUUUUUCKING LAWN PLAYING SOCCER AND RUNNING AROUND AND KILLING MY SWEET BABY GRASSES!!!!!!!!

So I drank about 6 Damitols. 

Reading these, I realize how lucky I was with both of my exes (at least about this subject, anyway). 2nd wife was a little on the cluttery side, but not bad. My biggest issue with her around the house  - and hers with me - culminated in The Great Thermostat War of '06. She wanted 78 degrees, me 65 degrees. I think it hastened the end of the marriage.

25 happy years of marriage in July, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Not pulling the car into the garage.

Not closing the garage door. 

Not flushing the toilet after #2 because she was on the phone.

Leaving her clogs at the bottom of the stairs for me to break my ankle.

Taking the cup in the bathroom away and not replacing it.

Sweeping the floor, but not picking up the dirt piles.

Waiting until we run out of something before buying more (toilet paper, milk, bread etc.),

Giving me a hard time when I buy the above before we run out.

Inability to finish a sentence because she got a text, leaving me hanging.

You should start picking all this up and stashing it in a trash bag somewhere for a while.  When they ask where something is, say, "beats me."  
I did this once with my step daughter.  She had multiple pairs of shoes she would leave right in front of the door.  So, after multile warnings I took a pair and hid them.  Just regular tennis shoes, nothing special and nothing that couldn't be replaced by one of her other pairs.  Well, one day she wants those specific shoes but can't find them.  I told them I hid them just like I said I would and my wife read me the riot act until I got them for her.

Then there is my wife and her backbacks.  She has one for work, one for grad school, and one for the gym.  Their "place" is out in the open in the living room.  We'll do a Sunday house cleaning and she'll assign the boys to pick up and put away all of the stuff from the living room.  Without fail they will say "where do you want me to put your bags?"  Her response?  "Oh, you can leave those and I'll take care of them."  They never move.

Many of these apply to my house... but the one that gets me is putting spatulas in the drawer handle first.  Next time you go to open the drawer the head of the spatula blocks the door from opening.

:lmao:  I frequently follow my wife around the house, turning off the lights as she turns them on. not my kids, my WIFE.

Users who are viewing this thread