What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL* *FBG* Consensus Mock Draft Pick 1.17 - Chargers (1 Viewer)

Who's moving to Orange County?

• DJ Moore

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Da'Ron Payne

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Will Hernandez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolton Miller

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Mike Hughes

• Rashaan Evans

• Maurice Hurst

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Marcus Davenport

• Harlod Landry

• Josh Jackson

• Isaiah Wynn

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Leighton Vander Esch

• Curtland Sutton

• Billy Price

• Natrone Means

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
This is a mock draft done by poll. Each pick voted on by you hawk screechers. Here's where we're at: 

First Wr is off the board! Ravens take Ridley. 

1.1 Browns take Sam Darnold (66% of the votes / 33 votes)

1.2 Giants take Josh Rosen (62.69% of the votes / 42 votes)

1.3 Jets take Josh Allen (52% of the votes / 23 votes)

1.4 Browns take Saqoun Barkley (50.7% of the votes / 36 votes to 30 for Chubb)

1.5 Broncos take Baker Mayfield (44% of the vote / 22 votes to 15 for Chubb)

1.6 Colts take Bradley Chubb (71.88%/ 23 Votes)

1.7 Bucs take Minkah Fitzpatrick (35% of the vote with 16 votes to Nelson's 13)

1.8 Bears take Quentin Nelson (77% of the vote / 20 votes)

1.9 49ers take Tremaine Edmunds (32% of the vote /  17 votes to 10 for Roquan Smith and 9 for Derwin James)

1.10: Raiders take Roquan Smith (52% of the vote / 25 votes)

1.11 Dolphins take Vita Via (40% of the vote / 17 votes)

1.12 Bills take Lamar Jackson (36% of the vote / 13 votes)

1.13 Redskins take Derwin James (38% of the vote / 18 votes)

1.14 Packers take Denzel Ward (62% of the vote / 23 votes)

1.15 Cardinals take Mike McGlichey (28% of the vote / 8 votes; 5 for Landry, 4 for Mo Hurst)

1.16 Ravens take Calvin Ridley (41% of the vote / 9 votes)

I think the Chargers go O-Line unless James, Fitzpatrick, or maybe Lamar Jackson fall here. I actually like Connor Williams here, but he isn't on the list. I guess Kolton Miller is moving up boards from the sounds of it, but based off what I've seen that is a pretty big projection as Miller looks raw as hell as a prospect, although he certainly wows in shorts. Still, I think him being ranked over Williams is a huge mistake if some team does it, as Mayock did earlier this week.

That said, I'll deal with the guys on the list, and that leads me to Isaiah Wynn. He's as consistent as they come, and would be an elite pass blocker for a Guard. I don't think its completely out of the question he could be an OT in the NFL, but it seems like most teams are looking at moving him to the interior. Chargers could really remake.their interior with Wynn, Pouncey and a healthy Lamp this year.

I think the Chargers go O-Line unless James, Fitzpatrick, or maybe Lamar Jackson fall here. I actually like Connor Williams here, but he isn't on the list. I guess Kolton Miller is moving up boards from the sounds of it, but based off what I've seen that is a pretty big projection as Miller looks raw as hell as a prospect, although he certainly wows in shorts. Still, I think him being ranked over Williams is a huge mistake if some team does it, as Mayock did earlier this week.

That said, I'll deal with the guys on the list, and that leads me to Isaiah Wynn. He's as consistent as they come, and would be an elite pass blocker for a Guard. I don't think its completely out of the question he could be an OT in the NFL, but it seems like most teams are looking at moving him to the interior. Chargers could really remake.their interior with Wynn, Pouncey and a healthy Lamp this year.
It is crazy to list 14 players and still miss someone who could get a vote. :lol: I even left off QBs, TEs, and RBs here because there's no way they go that route. The earliest your boy Connor goes on the nfl.com mocks is 29th so he wasn't on my radar here. I'll add him next go around when a team has a need there. 

I would have voted for Connor Williams as well. Since Connor Williams wasn't available it was between Evans and Payne for me. I ended up choosing Evans.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Chargers have already remade their interior OL with second year player Feeney at LG, Pouncey at C, and second year player Lamp at RG.

If McGlinchey was available, I could see taking him to replace Barksdale at RT, but IMO he is the only OL worthy of that pick (knowing that Nelson will be gone). In this mock, he is not available.

Meanwhile, the Chargers had the worst run defense in the NFL last season, and the biggest weakness on the team is DT, especially with Liuget missing the first 4 games due to PEDs. Payne is the obvious pick here.

I do agree that they would take Fitzpatrick and likely James if they fell that far, but I would be very surprised if either of them was available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Win Baby said:
The Chargers have already remade their interior OL with second year player Feeney at LG, Pouncey at C, and second year player Lamp at RG.

If McGlinchey was available, I could see taking him to replace Barksdale at RT, but IMO he is the only OL worthy of that pick (knowing that Nelson will be gone). In this mock, he is not available.

Meanwhile, the Chargers had the worst run defense in the NFL last season, and the biggest weakness on the team is DT, especially with Liuget missing the first 4 games due to PEDs. Payne is the obvious pick here.

I do agree that they would take Fitzpatrick and likely James if they fell that far, but I would be very surprised if either of them was available.
I don't think Feeney is anything special. Ideally I feel he is a utility lineman. He's a passable starter, but Wynn could be an elite one. I think I'm a lot higher than you, or most, on the O-line class this year. I think there are probably 6 guys I'd be ok with going in the top-20.

I could see Maurice Hurst here, and that would be a great pick in my opinion. I admit I had forgotten about Liuget's suspension, though I'm not sure that it should effect this pick at all. I personally find Payne to be among the most overrated players in the draft. I feel about the DT's how you feel about O-line I think. Hurst is the only guy I like in he top-20, including Vea.

I keep seeing mocks where Fitzpatrick and James keep falling to at least Green Bay at #14. I don't agree with it, but it seems a lot more on the table than it was a month ago. 

I don't think Feeney is anything special. Ideally I feel he is a utility lineman. He's a passable starter, but Wynn could be an elite one. I think I'm a lot higher than you, or most, on the O-line class this year. I think there are probably 6 guys I'd be ok with going in the top-20.

I could see Maurice Hurst here, and that would be a great pick in my opinion. I admit I had forgotten about Liuget's suspension, though I'm not sure that it should effect this pick at all. I personally find Payne to be among the most overrated players in the draft. I feel about the DT's how you feel about O-line I think. Hurst is the only guy I like in he top-20, including Vea.

I keep seeing mocks where Fitzpatrick and James keep falling to at least Green Bay at #14. I don't agree with it, but it seems a lot more on the table than it was a month ago. 
Well, we differ in our views on Feeney. He was ranked by multiple sources as the first (e.g., SI) or second (e.g., Walter) best offensive guard prospect in last year's draft, and he was selected to the PFWA All-Rookie Team. The Chargers really like him, and justifiably so IMO. Lynn prefers guards who can pull, and Feeney is very good at that.

IMO for the Chargers needs Vea > Payne > Hurst.

Users who are viewing this thread