What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Kamala Harris Thread***** (2 Viewers)

squistion

Footballguy
What happened to the other Kamala Harris thread? Went to add a post but couldn't find it, was it deleted? If I missed it in my search, please post a link and I will delete this thread.

Anyway:

Kamala Harris‏Verified account @KamalaHarris 15h15 hours ago

I am deeply troubled by the attacks on the Russia investigation and the calls to fire Robert Mueller. Congress cannot wait any longer to pass legislation to protect the special counsel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she's the perfect candidate to thrash Trump in a general. Show the people that she has better ideas for the future, inspire they positive. Oh and look him straight in the eye and tell him he's a pig and unfit for office.

I deleted it. Feel free to carry on here but I am no longer a fan.
Thanks for letting me know. It wasn't a catch all general interest thread, just for her possible 2020 candidacy, but I didn't want to start a competing thread if one was still out there.

If we're any snapshot of the larger electorate, we're gonna be pretty split on who the Dem candidate should be. I would hope, however, that we can rally behind any sensible, intelligent person that they run against Donald.

Kamala Harris‏ @KamalaHarris 1h1 hour ago

Secretary Nielsen must resign. The human rights abuses being committed against children — many are just toddlers — by the U.S. Government along our southern border is evidence enough that she is incapable of running DHS in a way that reflects our values.

I know nothing about her except she's black and a Democrat.  Which means she has a chance to dethrone Two Scoops.  

Good enough for me! :thumbup:

Identity politics bonanza: Black/Asian female married to a Jewish white guy.

She's definitely on my watch list (unrelated to above), but don't know if she is progressive enough for the base. She was very poised and rhetoric-free on Cuomo last night.

Any chance you'd like to just make this a 2020 Potential Democratic Nominees* thread?

I'm a Booker man myself.

*Assumes there will be a 2020 Presidential election.

Any chance you'd like to just make this a 2020 Potential Democratic Nominees* thread?

I'm a Booker man myself.

*Assumes there will be a 2020 Presidential election.
Well, we don't know for sure if she will run, and if not, then she still deserves her own thread.

Anyway, in the meantime, there is already a 2020 Presidential Election Thread, so potential nominees from both parties can be discussed there.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/765378-2020-presidential-election-thread/

Sooooo, there is a celeb site known as Crazy Days and Nights that some of you may or may not heard of. Supposedly it’s run by a well connected Hollywood lawyer (Enty) who puts out a lot of blinds but unlike a lot of these goofy sites, usually reveals them.  Anyway, he was right on Weinstein, Spacey, Etc etc so take it for what it’s worth. He just posted this...it’s Friday so just some scandalous rumoring:

”It is well known that this female politician who is being talked about as a possible future president started her career by having a relationship with a married senior politician in her state.  For this, she was appointed to a number of part-time boards with hefty salaries.  What isn’t so well known is the senior politician she had an affair with used to take her to swinger parties which were basically glorified orgies where  she would engage in sex with large numbers of men and women.     What not even she knows is there are compromising pictures of her at these orgies which is why senior leaders from her party are quietly trying to discourage her presidential ambitions and the leader of the other party, the current president, is very excited at her being her party’s nominee”
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/06/blind-item-8_29.html?m=1

Kamala Harris has a weird past relationship with Willie Brown while he was married so that’s the speculation.

Political gossip. Weeeeee.

I'm on board.  Dems need someone to inspire turn out in the base, not to win over moderates. Harris seems to have the most potential for that of any of the candidates other than Sanders, who has the age problem and is also surprisingly centrist on two of the hottest left wing issues of the day, immigration and gun control. She's a former prosecutor, which means she'll be very good in both the debate setting and in dishing out good sound bites (a Clinton weakness people don't really talk about) and can withstand the usual "soft on crime" nonsense from the right. And she's been saying all the right things in recent months.

Sooooo, there is a celeb site known as Crazy Days and Nights that some of you may or may not heard of. Supposedly it’s run by a well connected Hollywood lawyer (Enty) who puts out a lot of blinds but unlike a lot of these goofy sites, usually reveals them.  Anyway, he was right on Weinstein, Spacey, Etc etc so take it for what it’s worth. He just posted this...it’s Friday so just some scandalous rumoring:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/06/blind-item-8_29.html?m=1

Kamala Harris has a weird past relationship with Willie Brown while he was married so that’s the speculation.

Political gossip. Weeeeee.
So if she runs we get to see naked pics of her from when she was in her physical prime?

The GOP will hang sanctuary city on her, as well as how she angered the SFPD years ago when she didn’t want to hang capital punishment on a drug dealer who killed an undercover officer with an AK. 

The GOP will hang sanctuary city on her, as well as how she angered the SFPD years ago when she didn’t want to hang capital punishment on a drug dealer who killed an undercover officer with an AK. 
The GOP will hang anything they choose on whoever the candidate may be. You can do that when you're not confined by pesky things like "facts" and "logic" and "basic human decency." And polling on sanctuary cities is mixed anyway. If this is the best they can do she's well ahead of the other candidates.

I'm on board.  Dems need someone to inspire turn out in the base, not to win over moderates. Harris seems to have the most potential for that of any of the candidates other than Sanders, who has the age problem and is also surprisingly centrist on two of the hottest left wing issues of the day, immigration and gun control. She's a former prosecutor, which means she'll be very good in both the debate setting and in dishing out good sound bites (a Clinton weakness people don't really talk about) and can withstand the usual "soft on crime" nonsense from the right. And she's been saying all the right things in recent months.
Yup. My top pick right now as well. Intelligent, strong background and has her finger on the pulse of many key issues. 

The GOP will hang anything they choose on whoever the candidate may be. You can do that when you're not confined by pesky things like "facts" and "logic" and "basic human decency." And polling on sanctuary cities is mixed anyway. If this is the best they can do she's well ahead of the other candidates.
I like Harris. I met her once years ago when I lived in SF and when she was the DA. But a Liberal San Franciscan female who is “ethnic” is an even more radical Obama to the far right

I like Harris. I met her once years ago when I lived in SF and when she was the DA. But a Liberal San Franciscan female who is “ethnic” is an even more radical Obama to the far right
You're not winning them over anyway. They'll conjure up something to attack whoever runs for the Democrats. The last thing the Democrats should be doing is worrying about nominating someone who will anger the extremists in the Trump party. 

You're not winning them over anyway. They'll conjure up something to attack whoever runs for the Democrats. The last thing the Democrats should be doing is worrying about nominating someone who will anger the extremists in the Trump party. 
Well Hitler still wins over the Far Right, so there is that 

She's not progressive but actions speak louder than my perception.  She only stopped taking corporate money because she read the writing on the wall.  Take Cortez over her anyday.  Ones a leader and difference maker with strong beliefs, the other is not.

I want someone who can articulate a strong case for traditional democratic norms. Fidelity to the Constitution and the rule of law, and why. The reason for having separate, independent, coequal branches of government. The value of having a free press. The logic behind avoiding the concentration of power in the executive branch. The importance of working across the aisle to find mutually acceptable compromises. The importance of protecting the right to vote. How and why powers are divided between the federal government and the states. The reason civility is important even when discussing divisive topics. The importance of individual liberties and justice for all.

Our electorate badly needs a basic civics lesson. We need to get back to the very basics of what makes America great.

I think Kamala Harris would do pretty well with all of that. As would Cory Booker.

I want someone who can articulate a strong case for traditional democratic norms. Fidelity to the Constitution and the rule of law, and why. The reason for having separate, independent, coequal branches of government. The value of having a free press. The logic behind avoiding the concentration of power in the executive branch. The importance of working across the aisle to find mutually acceptable compromises. The importance of protecting the right to vote. How and why powers are divided between the federal government and the states. The reason civility is important even when discussion divisive topics. The importance of individual liberties and justice for all.

Our electorate badly needs a basic civics lesson. We need to get back to the very basics of what makes America great.

I think Kamala Harris would do pretty well with all of that. As would Cory Booker.
Do you think Obama wasn’t good at that stuff?

Obama was the greatest Presidential speaker in my lifetime. Bill Clinton was damn good too but Obama was on another level. Kamala isn't Obama but I think she could best Bill the way she's going. 

Obama was the greatest Presidential speaker in my lifetime. Bill Clinton was damn good too but Obama was on another level. Kamala isn't Obama but I think she could best Bill the way she's going. 
I'd vote for Reagan as the best, but Clinton was also fantastic. I'd put Obama in between those two.

One thing that really impressed me about Clinton was seeing a written speech he gave, as planned out, alongside the transcript of what he actually said. The adjustments he made to the teleprompter version, in real time, were all impressive improvements. Like a good editor going over a draft, but he did it on the fly while delivering the speech.

I'd vote for Reagan as the best, but Clinton was also fantastic. I'd put Obama in between those two.

One thing that really impressed me about Clinton was seeing a written speech he gave, as planned out, alongside the transcript of what he actually said. The adjustments he made to the teleprompter version, in real time, were all impressive improvements. Like a good editor going over a draft, but he did it on the fly while delivering the speech.
Reagan was very good but in my opinion nobody in my lifetime has just owned a room the way Obama can. He's playing at another level than guys like Clinton and Reagan, both of whom were very strong speakers. 

Users who are viewing this thread