What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Kamala Harris Thread***** (1 Viewer)

Well, I only posted it because it was kind of funny that JohnnyU called Harris a bully and praised Klobuchar on the exact day that article came out.

But as for the charge itself, not sure how I feel about it. I think management style is a highly underrated criterion for evaluating presidential candidates (it was one thing that really attracted me to Obama), so if it's actually true that she has trouble retaining staff, that is a mark against her. But I also recognize that this article could very well be an oppo dump by one of her primary opponents meant to undercut her "Minnesota nice" image.
I didn't know that about Klobuchar, but I do know in Minnesota she is loved by the voters, the ones who count the most.

I agree completely with this but the admiration for the "alpha male" leader who kicks around underlings continues to be widespread. See: football coaches.
Yeah, I didn't even get into the whiff of sexism that is often found in these types of articles (to be clear, I have no idea if that's what's going on in the Klobuchar article, but I have seen instances of it before). That's another reason for me not to rush to any conclusions about Klobuchar. Mostly, though, I'm not rushing to form opinions about any of the candidates, just observing for now.

I agree completely with this but the admiration for the "alpha male" leader who kicks around underlings continues to be widespread. See: football coaches.
I agree too.  I understand that it's easy to find examples of highly-effective bosses who mistreat their underlings (e.g. Steve Jobs), but I see this as a character flaw.  People with this trait who still manage to be strong leaders do so mostly in spite of it.

I didn't know that about Klobuchar, but I do know in Minnesota she is loved by the voters, the ones who count the most.
Yeah, I figured from the language of your post that you probably didn't. Like I said, I have a strong suspicion that article was instigated by an opposing campaign precisely to undercut her image (which doesn't mean it's not true).

I do find it interesting that you view Harris as a bully. Not going to argue it with you -- it's just like, your opinion, man -- but I get a pretty sunny vibe from her. Like, she can definitely be a killer when she's in prosecutor mode, but otherwise is pretty warm and nurturing. So many female candidates, especially Boomers, have to deal with the "ice queen" narrative, but I don't see that working as well on her.

Anyway, we'll see how things play out over the next year.

I agree too.  I understand that it's easy to find examples of highly-effective bosses who mistreat their underlings (e.g. Steve Jobs), but I see this as a character flaw.  People with this trait who still manage to be strong leaders do so mostly in spite of it.
Yeah, IMO any boss -- including a football coach -- with that type of style is a terrible manager, and if they're still pulling that crap in 2019 it also signals that they're hopelessly behind the times. Not that I needed any additional incentive to vote against Trump, but the fact that he was endorsed by a classic bully like Bobby Knight was a huge mark against him in my book.

I think you live in a California bubble.  The rest of America, northeast notwithstanding, doesn't like her or her politics.  That is my opinion of course.

ETA:  She comes across as just a big of a bully as Trump.  Now Amy Klobuchar on the other hand would have a real chance.
You keep claiming that people don't like Harris or that she is unlikable. That really is the first time I heard that criticism or characterization of her. What do you base that on? What makes her unlikable in your eyes, outside of your perception that she is a bully (and I don't know where you got that from either).

You keep claiming that people don't like Harris or that she is unlikable. That really is the first time I heard that criticism or characterization of her. What do you base that on? What makes her unlikable in your eyes, outside of your perception that she is a bully (and I don't know where you got that from either).
For one, her performance at the Kavanaugh hearings was telling.  Her body language in the public eye is also telling (most recently at the SOTU).  Wasn't she a prosecutor?  Perhaps her style is why she isn't likable IMO.  I believe she comes across as very gruff and harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:
For one, her performance at the Kavanaugh hearings was telling.  Her body language in the public eye is also telling (most recently at the SOTU).  Wasn't she a prosecutor?  Perhaps her style is why she isn't likable IMO.  I believe she comes across as very gruff and harsh.
Again, of course she would come off as unlikable to you. And she was the best questioner that the Dems put up there with Kavanaugh.  The people who thought she was too tough on him are voting for Trump regardless of who the Dems put up. Kavanaugh was a smug, belligerent jackass through the proceedings. Very similar to how Trump deals with things. Kamala chewed Kavanaugh up and didn't let him get away with his evading and dismissiveness of questions. And she'll do the same to Trump. That will make her even more likeable.  Trump has lived his entire life bullying people. As we've seen with Pelosi, he doesn't do very well with someone who isn't at all intimidated by him. And Harris would love him to come at her the way he came at Hillary. It would be a bloodbath.

Again, of course she would come off as unlikable to you. And she was the best questioner that the Dems put up there with Kavanaugh.  The people who thought she was too tough on him are voting for Trump regardless of who the Dems put up. Kavanaugh was a smug, belligerent jackass through the proceedings. Very similar to how Trump deals with things. Kamala chewed Kavanaugh up and didn't let him get away with his evading and dismissiveness of questions. And she'll do the same to Trump. That will make her even more likeable.  Trump has lived his entire life bullying people. As we've seen with Pelosi, he doesn't do very well with someone who isn't at all intimidated by him. And Harris would love him to come at her the way he came at Hillary. It would be a bloodbath.
I doubt she makes it out of the Dem primaries by the time all the dirt on her comes out.  Isn't there a lot of distrust among Democrats with regards to Harris?  I could be wrong about that, as I don't keep up with her.

I doubt she makes it out of the Dem primaries by the time all the dirt on her comes out.  Isn't there a lot of distrust among Democrats with regards to Harris?  I could be wrong about that, as I don't keep up with her.
Dirt? What dirt? I doubt an affair 20 years ago with the married Willie Brown will count much against her given Trump's long well documented history of infidelity.

And I don't sense a lot of distrust among Democrats, but I am not sure what exactly you are referring to.

I want to like her, but I don't trust her instincts in terms of identifying the real societal problems.  I find her to come down too often on the social justice warrior side of the equation, and that's not where I am. I'm willing to be proven wrong, and she would be able to win me over, but she's starting out at a deficit.

So I guess Kamala is a time traveler. She claims she was smoking a joint listening to Pac & Snoop while she was in college. The latest she was in school was in '89 graduating with her JD...2 years before either of them dropped an album.

The amount of  :rolleyes:  and cringe is on par with Hillary and her hot sauce. Can we stop with the blatantly fake appeals to the black demo? The hosts were gracious enough to let it slip.

So I guess Kamala is a time traveler. She claims she was smoking a joint listening to Pac & Snoop while she was in college. The latest she was in school was in '89 graduating with her JD...2 years before either of them dropped an album.

The amount of  :rolleyes:  and cringe is on par with Hillary and her hot sauce. Can we stop with the blatantly fake appeals to the black demo? The hosts were gracious enough to let it slip.
I'm just glad we're at a point where a candidate talks about blazing it up in college, and the only controversy evoked is her choice in music.

I don’t think Kamala is going to have any trouble connecting. 

Wow. That's a gaffe. Of course, considering President Obama's gaffes during his campaign, that'll be not even a blip on the radar.  

Just throwing it out there, but isn't it quite possible that she remembers smoking in college AND smoking to Pac & Snoop and convoluted the two?  Are you really that desperate to make something out of nothing?

This is the worst kind of pandering 

I'm waiting for Harris to identify Ready to Die as her favorite Pac album.
Hey, maybe she's faking her black ethnicity and her love for old school rap. Kind of like Warren faked the Indian stuff. Trump can start calling Harris, Aunt Jemima or something similarly hilarious.

Reminds me of the time a reporter fact-checked Obama's claim in "Dreams from My Father" about seeing a Life magazine cover when he was a young boy of a black man who had bleached his skin. It turned out that (cue scary music) Life never ran a cover like that! 

Just throwing it out there, but isn't it quite possible that she remembers smoking in college AND smoking to Pac & Snoop and convoluted the two?  Are you really that desperate to make something out of nothing?
So smoking pot while working as an ADA prosecuting people for smoking pot is a better narrative?

So smoking pot while working as an ADA prosecuting people for smoking pot is a better narrative?
Sorry buddy. We have a president who has 20 sexual assault charges against him. He's been sued for racial discrimination. He has no problem with a foreign dictator murdering an American journalist. I think I can live with someone who smoked a little weed.

Sorry buddy. We have a president who has 20 sexual assault charges against him. He's been sued for racial discrimination. He has no problem with a foreign dictator murdering an American journalist. I think I can live with someone who smoked a little weed.
ORANGE MAN BAD!

Now, what's that have to do with this?

ETA: Good job avoiding the question. Just change the topic to Orange man. Always works!

But can you llive with a POTUS candidate who lies about when they listen to Pac and Snoop?

ORANGE MAN BAD!

Now, what's that have to do with this?

ETA: Good job avoiding the question. Just change the topic to Orange man. Always works!
Sorry Charlie. If you and your cohorts want to try to disparage a candidate because they smoked a little pot 25 years ago, then be prepared to be reminded who and what you have no problem with. 

Too bad you can't even understand my original point because you have me pegged as some conservative. SAD!
You made a post about Harris stating she claimed to have smoked weed listening to Snoop. Then claimed the amount of cringe is Hillary-level. ROFL.  Then you cry little a little girl when I remind you what 36% of the country seems acceptable.  The bar has been set so low by "The Orange Man" that it's nothing short of hilarious when people try to bring up things like weed as a reason a candidate is bad. Hth

You made a post about Harris stating she claimed to have smoked weed listening to Snoop. Then claimed the amount of cringe is Hillary-level. ROFL.  Then you cry little a little girl when I remind you what 36% of the country seems acceptable.  The bar has been set so low by "The Orange Man" that it's nothing short of hilarious when people try to bring up things like weed as a reason a candidate is bad. Hth
I don't think anyone gives a hoot's belly about whether she smoked pot or not including Shamrock.  His point was her lying to maybe cater to the hip hop/rap crowd by mentioning her listening to some of the pioneers of that genre while high.  She obviously lied or is sadly mistaken.  last I looked this is about K. Harris.  

I guess she should have said Zappa. This stuff is pretty funny or should be. What were you listening to while smoking a joint in 1990? ‘Oh The Church for sure’. Come on. These questions are such traps. Bill Clinton started it with the ‘I didn’t inhale’ business which is still a classic.

:lmao: Yeah.....you still don't get the point behind my criticism of my original post. Thanks for confirming.

I guess she should have said Zappa. This stuff is pretty funny or should be. What were you listening to while smoking a joint in 1990? ‘Oh The Church for sure’. Come on. These questions are such traps. Bill Clinton started it with the ‘I didn’t inhale’ business which is still a classic.
she could have said blues, hip hop, rap, rock but she proudly mentioned the artists as if it was yesterday.  just a small glitch but a willful lie in my mind trying to connect with a voter base.  IMO

I don't think anyone gives a hoot's belly about whether she smoked pot or not including Shamrock.  His point was her lying to maybe cater to the hip hop/rap crowd by mentioning her listening to some of the pioneers of that genre while high.  She obviously lied or is sadly mistaken.  last I looked this is about K. Harris.  
Oh. It's lying that bothers you. That's understandable.  ;)

I have a friend whose first job out of law school was with the county prosecutor's office. She apparently used to call her dealer from work (on her cell phone, but still) to arrange her next purchase. 

For the record, I don't expect her to run for president anytime soon (the friend, not Harris).

I’ve been alerted to the suggestion that Tupac and Snoop didn’t record until 1991 and 1992, respectfully.  Is that truly a discussion point in here?

Because that’s just flat out false. 

I’ve been alerted to the suggestion that Tupac and Snoop didn’t record until 1991 and 1992, respectfully.  Is that truly a discussion point in here?

Because that’s just flat out false. 

Not only is she so cool that she smokes weed and listens to 2PAC and Snoop but she was so epically cool she was getting high to their underground mixtapes. She’s accomplished her goal of being the “cool” candidate for sure and then some if that is the story you all are going with. Man you guys try hard.  :lmao:

Her connections are very impressive given Tupac got his first real recognition on the Digital Underground album in 91’ but I’m sure that just speaks to how cool she is. 

It’s clear she’s targeting a certain audience, someone should tell her running against Trump she doesn’t have to try this hard to be the “cool” option. 

Users who are viewing this thread