What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Kamala Harris Thread***** (1 Viewer)

And after all that, it turns out the entire story was BS.

https://twitter.com/iansams/status/1095366221032239109?s=21

DJ Envy asks, "What does Kamala Harris listen to?" Then Charlamagne jokingly asks her what she was listening to when she was high. Then she turns to DJ Envy and answers his original question. So she never actually claimed that she listened to them when she was high in college.

Anyone care to revise their hot takes?

DJ Envy asks, "What does Kamala Harris listen to?" Then Charlamagne jokingly asks her what she was listening to when she was high. Then she turns to DJ Envy and answers his original question. So she never actually claimed that she listened to them when she was high in college.

Not sure which story is true but if it’s the first one I think she’s made a fatal campaign flaw alienating the Biggie fans. Or was that intentional as Trump is repping East Coast?

That seems to remove the entire context of the conversation

Not sure which story is true but if it’s the first one I think she’s made a fatal campaign flaw alienating the Biggie fans. Or was that intentional as Trump is repping East Coast?
I think it’s because she already knows Trump can’t win New York. 

Oh, and as long as we're parsing her words to this extent, she also never claimed that she only smoked in college. She said it was "a long time ago", CTG asks "Was it in college?" and she says yes. Speaking from personal experience, I smoked pot a little in college, slightly more frequently in my 20s, and the last time I ever did it was in my early 30s (I'm 45 now.) If I told you I smoked a long time ago and you said, "Was it in your 20s?" I would say yes without necessarily clarifying that I had also done it a couple times in my 30s.

Was something similar going on with Harris? I have no idea and I honestly could give two s##ts. I just want to make sure before we go down the rabbit hole of manufactured narratives that everyone is clear on what was actually said.

Not sure what you mean by that, but in case you think there's context missing, here's the full two-minute clip: https://twitter.com/TheReelofNews/status/1095450939358613504
There is some wiggle room here, but the question is “What was you listening to when you was high?” (I guess Snoop would be the go to answer for that question) seems like a call back to the previous admission that she smoked pot in college, and that is the context in which most people would have interpreted that question.  The wiggle room of her not interpreting the question that way would put her as a pot smoker from college well into her professional career as a prosecutor...and I am not sure that she isn’t high during this interview...

There is some wiggle room here, but the question is “What was you listening to when you was high?” (I guess Snoop would be the go to answer for that question) seems like a call back to the previous admission that she smoked pot in college, and that is the context in which most people would have interpreted that question.  The wiggle room of her not interpreting the question that way would put her as a pot smoker from college well into her professional career as a prosecutor...and I am not sure that she isn’t high during this interview...
This is seriously what you are hung up on :lol:

If not for this question you’d vote for her, right? 

I am not hung up at all
I haven't paid any attention to this but you typed up a paragraph breaking down the play by play of her talking about Tupac.

Can we get a hundredth of that attention to Trump's daily musings? Just take last night's pep rally and break it down. It would be pages of material.

I haven't paid any attention to this but you typed up a paragraph breaking down the play by play of her talking about Tupac.

Can we get a hundredth of that attention to Trump's daily musings? Just take last night's pep rally and break it down. It would be pages of material.
Zftcg called the story BS, which called for breaking it down by writing a paragraph.   Yes, a whole paragraph, which showed that the genrperal context supported the interpretation in the original story, but the vagueness of the conversation does leave wiggle room for another unflattering narrative.

Why are you so hung up on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I'm starting to wonder the same thing about you.

Listen to the clip again. That wasn't the question. The question was "What does Kamala Harris listen to?" Then Charlamagne makes the joke about being high. Then DJ Envy says, "Was it Snoop?" and she answers while looking at him.

I don't know what you mean by "wiggle room", but this was a jokey, informal interview being conducted by two different people (which can sometimes make it unclear exactly which question you're responding to). To treat it like a cross examination in a court room is silly.

And yes, I know I'm spending way too much time thinking about this. Honestly, it has nothing to do with Harris. I just hate when BS narratives are propagated by people who have the basic facts of what happened wrong. This is like a replay of "You didn't build that", only stupider.

Dthddgdgdh called the story BS, which called for breaking it down by writing a paragraph.   Yes, a whole paragraph, which showed that the genrperal context supported the interpretation in the original story, but the vagueness of the conversation does leave wiggle room for another unflattering narrative.

Why are you so hung up on this?
That you care about what music she says she listened to in High School or whatever is great.  

Unflattering narrative? That is rich. It's so absurd given our president that it's hard to even put into words.

Funny, I'm starting to wonder the same thing about you.

Listen to the clip again. That wasn't the question. The question was "What does Kamala Harris listen to?" Then Charlamagne makes the joke about being high. Then DJ Envy says, "Was it Snoop?" and she answers while looking at him.

I don't know what you mean by "wiggle room", but this was a jokey, informal interview being conducted by two different people (which can sometimes make it unclear exactly which question you're responding to). To treat it like a cross examination in a court room is silly.

And yes, I know I'm spending way too much time thinking about this. Honestly, it has nothing to do with Harris. I just hate when BS narratives are propagated by people who have the basic facts of what happened wrong. This is like a replay of "You didn't build that", only stupider.
But you can’t just disregard that Charlamagne asked a question to which she giggles and then Envy follows on that...I can see it interpreted as Envy and Kamala are talking as if Charlamagne Tha God never asked the question, but the laughing and pause cause me to lean otherwise...but. I do see your point

Rs cranking up the fake outrage machine again. Is this Snoop thing more outrageous than Obamas mustard choice or Hillarys pantsuits? Whatever you do, don’t worry about the corrupt lunatic in the WH.

Rove! said:
But you can’t just disregard that Charlamagne asked a question to which she giggles and then Envy follows on that...I can see it interpreted as Envy and Kamala are talking as if Charlamagne Tha God never asked the question, but the laughing and pause cause me to lean otherwise...but. I do see your point
I appreciate that. Really. My interpretation is that the whole thing was jokey, and you shouldn't put too much weight on anything she didn't directly say (like, it would have been different if she had said, "I remember sitting back in my dorm room and chilling to Snoop while I lit up a fat one.") But I suppose it's inevitable that the prior perspective any of us brings to the situation is going to influence how generously we're going to interpret her words.

But at a minimum, can we all agree to not extrapolate this incident into any broader conclusions? "She's trying to appeal to young people" or "She's lying about when she last smoked up to cover up that she was a pothead at the same time she was an ADA." I think if you're turning a few ambiguous quotes into that, you're being driven entirely by your prior perspective.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
Has Trump ever talked about what he listened to when he was young. 

I see him grooving to the Dave Clark Five, maybe Herman's Hermits
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Band

GoBirds said:
She apparently uses "California Love" as her walk-up song at rallies, so it sounds like she may have already chosen sides.

I do appreciate that for the first time ever a Presidential candidate admitting to smoking weed leads to the controversy over what she was listening to and if she’s just trying to sound cool.  And no one cares about the weed. 

Beto

Biden

Harris

All the others are just creating a circlejerk.  Those three can beat Trump and maybe a wild card not yet introduced.  I have a better change of being POTUS than Warren or Booker, that dog won't hunt.

GoBirds said:
Not only is she so cool that she smokes weed and listens to 2PAC and Snoop but she was so epically cool she was getting high to their underground mixtapes. She’s accomplished her goal of being the “cool” candidate for sure and then some if that is the story you all are going with. Man you guys try hard.  :lmao:

Her connections are very impressive given Tupac got his first real recognition on the Digital Underground album in 91’ but I’m sure that just speaks to how cool she is. 

It’s clear she’s targeting a certain audience, someone should tell her running against Trump she doesn’t have to try this hard to be the “cool” option. 
The underlining racism here is palatable.  Well played. 

Beto

Biden

Harris

All the others are just creating a circlejerk.  Those three can beat Trump and maybe a wild card not yet introduced.  I have a better change of being POTUS than Warren or Booker, that dog won't hunt.
Not convinced about Beto. I would replace him with Klobuchar. 

Beto

Biden

Harris

Agreed on Booker for sure, probably Warren, and I think Klobuchar belongs in the top tier. 

The General said:
This is seriously what you are hung up on :lol:
Possible Russian connections in an effort to subvert the American political process.?...Meh.  Are you lying about who you listen to when you smoke pot?......Now THATS the measure of a politicans integrity. 

Can't a man just carelessly push a false narrative about an African-American candidate for President manufactured by news sites with long histories of obvious racism without being accused of racism himself?  Jeez.

OTOH it might be worthwhile to keep this fake story going long enough to use this name for it:

Nick Baumann‏ @NickBaumann

GUIDANCE: The "scandal" around Kamala Harris claiming she was listening to Tupac and Snoop while smoking weed in college shall henceforth be known as Bonghazi

I do appreciate that for the first time ever a Presidential candidate admitting to smoking weed leads to the controversy over what she was listening to and if she’s just trying to sound cool.  And no one cares about the weed. 
Ahem . . 

I'm just glad we're at a point where a candidate talks about blazing it up in college, and the only controversy evoked is her choice in music.
:highfive:

Beto

Biden

Harris

the non-hunting dog would beat Donnie

It looks like her father is not happy with her invoking the Jamaican->ganja stereotype 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/19/kamala-harris-jamaican-father-donald-harris-rips-2/
Something tells me that if you release a statement like that about your daughter's presidential campaign, there's more going on than just a pot joke. I know the parents are divorced and she was mostly raised by her mother, but haven't heard much about her relationship with her dad. Based on this, I'm guessing they're not too close.

Users who are viewing this thread