What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Popular Musical Artists/Bands You Don't LIke - Spinoff of top 5 (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
This IS NOT your top 5 most hated bands, it is more like list the bands/artists you don't like that most other music types seem to generally like more than you.

I'll go first.

1) Rush

2) Jethro Tull

3) The Who

4) Counting Crows

5) Phish

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone in the other thread pretty much nailed by bottom 5

Bob Seger

Billy Joel

Aerosmith

Yes

Grateful Dead

I'm trying to limit this to genres I like and bands I don't:

1) Iron Maiden (never got them, but like a few songs)

2) The Jam (everybody I know likes The Jam but me. Love In The City)

3) Sigur Ros (haven't heard enough, but they bore the heck out me for a post-rock band, and I want to love them)

4) Bjork (srsly?)

5) Sum 41, Good Charlotte, and all the other Hot Topic bands that took the energy of pop punk in the nineties and proceeded to suck the life out of it

RHCPs

Beastie Boys

Springsteen

Grateful Dead

Clapton - in any way/shape/form/band/solo

Last edited by a moderator:
Led Zep

Pink Floyd

Jethro Tull

Greatful Dead

Bruce Springsteen

Honorable Mention: the entire genres & sub genres of Heavy Metal & Hip Hop/rap

:GetOffMyLawn:

I remember when I first heard Ozzy when I was a kid. Didn't understand why anyone liked him then and nothing has changed since. His voice sucks and his music is worse.

Same for Smashing Pumpkins except it was my generation and somehow we one upped the badness of Ozzy's voice.

I'm having a hard time thinking of one worse than Van Halen and Rush. I'm surprised to see them both listed so much. And I agree. Could play pick an 80's metal band out of a hat, but what fun is that. So, how about Motorhead. Metal heads love them some Lemy. But no matter how great a show man they put out some pitiful music. 

While I know I'm wrong on this one. Soundgarden. I never appreciated how great Cornell was until he went solo. Then I went back and listened to old Soundgarden thinking I may feel differently. And still didnt like it. 

And this is probably ban worthy and I'm sure I'd feel differently if I were alive at the time but - Jimi Hendrix. Have tried to add him to my catalog more than a few times and each time I opt not to. Great guitar player. Songs? Meh.

And this is probably ban worthy and I'm sure I'd feel differently if I were alive at the time but - Jimi Hendrix. Have tried to add him to my catalog more than a few times and each time I opt not to. Great guitar player. Songs? Meh.
I like some of his songs, but I was never much of a fan either.  I wouldn't say he is someone I do not like, though; just not a big fan.  That said, he is still one of the two or three most influential guitar players ever. 

Mumford and Sons

Vampire Weekend

Phoenix 

Weezer--their first 2 albums are great. Everything else has been the same. Same sophomoric lyrics and sounds--they haven't evolved or progressed much at all over a very long career.  

Dave Matthews band

Pearl Jam. They're nice guys but don't do much for me musically.

Kanye. Ooof.

Grateful Dead but really jam bands in general bore the #### out of me.

Eagles - they are/were all more interesting as solo acts. 

Weezer. Quite simply, no thanks.

I remember when I first heard Ozzy when I was a kid. Didn't understand why anyone liked him then and nothing has changed since. His voice sucks and his music is worse.

Same for Smashing Pumpkins except it was my generation and somehow we one upped the badness of Ozzy's voice.

I'm having a hard time thinking of one worse than Van Halen and Rush. I'm surprised to see them both listed so much. And I agree. Could play pick an 80's metal band out of a hat, but what fun is that. So, how about Motorhead. Metal heads love them some Lemy. But no matter how great a show man they put out some pitiful music. 

While I know I'm wrong on this one. Soundgarden. I never appreciated how great Cornell was until he went solo. Then I went back and listened to old Soundgarden thinking I may feel differently. And still didnt like it. 

Ugh... Love me some Smashing Pumpkins and Jimi.

Prince... just never could get into it.

Springsteen....  sings and looks like he's giving birth to a 12-pound child

Grateful Dead.... just meh

Eagles.... don't always change the channel, but none of it was ever exciting.

1990 - 2005 ....  none of it.

Radiohead 

arcade fire

u2

led zeppelin (don’t hate them, but would be ok if I never hear them again)

rush I guess

im not locked into the bottom two

I thought the same thing about Smashing Pumpkins until I saw them at Lalapalooza in 1994 and their set changed my mind, liked them after that.

Users who are viewing this thread