What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you trade DeShaun Watson in Superflex for.. (1 Viewer)

cfoster9

Footballguy
This is a Superflex league, would you make this trade...

DeShaun Watson and 1.11 in the 2018 Rookie Draft

for

Matthew Stafford, 1.2, and 3.2 in the 2018 Rookie Draft.

I have a good team, got beat in the semifinals last year. I also own pick 1.3 in this years draft.

Thoughts?

Personally, I would.  Now if Watson had finished out last year and continued that high level of play I wouldn't, but I'm not sure he'll be averaging those types of games for the rest of his career.  This is like the ability to still "sell high" on him.  I traded him last year, in a 1 QB league, right after injury, for Brees and a 2019 1st and the #12 in the upcoming rookie draft as I was still pushing for the playoffs.  Still happy with that move.

It's close, but I lean towards making the deal.  I think Watson is the real deal but he has already had one serious knee injury so it's pretty unknown how many years of top production that you're going to get.  Stafford will still be solid for another 3-4 years and you're adding Guice with the 1.02 pick.  That along with your 1.03, you're getting 2 bites at a chance at a really good dynasty RB (or two if you get lucky).

So I think the offer is fair and I wouldn't fault you for wanting to keep Watson.

It's close, but I lean towards making the deal.  I think Watson is the real deal but he has already had one serious knee injury so it's pretty unknown how many years of top production that you're going to get.  Stafford will still be solid for another 3-4 years and you're adding Guice with the 1.02 pick.  That along with your 1.03, you're getting 2 bites at a chance at a really good dynasty RB (or two if you get lucky).

So I think the offer is fair and I wouldn't fault you for wanting to keep Watson.
Stafford just turned 30, 3-4 years is probably a low estimate, although he has mileage. I’d probably make the trade, then use the 1.02 (or 1.03) to move back and get more picks. 

I think Watson is the man, wouldnt trade him for that until I see where the best RBs in this class land.  Guice or Michel in a RBBC, not sure its worth it.  

You can stay at 1.11 and get a pretty good player, and keep what might be the best QB in fantasy.

It's hard to value, there is definitely a thought though that if one of those guys, Chubb or Guice land in a great situation that the guy won't make the trade.

I would take that deal, take your favorite back at 2 or use 2 and 3 and try to get Barkley, or trade back at 3 and get a couple of qbs in this draft at 5 or 6 and whatever. This deal gives you a ton of options.

What is your RB situation?  I don't think the deal is a bad deal but I am not sure I would do it.  Are you RB needy?  What are your other QB's?  Are there any keeper restrictions to Watson & Stafford? 

In a vacuum I keep Watson as I think he is the real deal and will be good moving forward.  If you can wait until after the NFL draft it might help shed some light on who might be in good situations for picks 1.02 and 1.03 I would revisit the offer.

RB situation- Freeman, McKinnon, CJ Anderson, Isaiah Crowell, Theo Riddick 

No restrictions.

I am a little needy at WR. Have Davante Adams, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Kenny Stills

It is a 14 team league.

@Gally

RB situation- Freeman, McKinnon, CJ Anderson, Isaiah Crowell, Theo Riddick 

No restrictions.

I am a little needy at WR. Have Davante Adams, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Kenny Stills

It is a 14 team league.

@Gally
I keep Watson and don't make the trade as offered

Users who are viewing this thread