What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Draft Day Bold Predictions (1 Viewer)

jon007

Footballguy
I'm just picking where they get selected. Trades may or may not happen.

I definitely see some teams move around in this draft. Could be a draft day record.

Pick #1 - Bradly Chubb

Pick #4 - Saquon Barkley

Pick #5 - Lamar Jackson

I'll just go with all cliche's:

Josh Allen to the Jets

Shaquem Griffen to the Steelers

Hayden Hurst or Dallas Goedert to the Pats

Giants have been lying the whole time, take a QB at 2

4 DB's go in the top-10

7 offensive lineman go in round 1

2 RB's go in round 1, Guice and Michel aren't either of them 

Mike Gesicki to the Pats at 23 (They were targeting Mike McGlinchey and he is gone.  Plan B) 

Dallas Goedert to the Vikings at 30

1. 1st day is lighter than expected on WR and RB. 

2. Big OL run in the last dozen picks of the first round with way more Centers and Guards than usual sneaking into the 1st. 

3. The top 4 QBs are off the board in the top 6 after trades (along with Chubb and Saquon). 

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick slides towards the mid-first. 

Chuck Norris gets drafted in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round as a QB, DT, CB and kicker respectively propelling is team this pre-season to 20 straight Super Bowls victories only to become the first player in world history to be Super Bowl MVP as player, cheerleader, coach, offensive and defensive coordinator all at the same time.

Im headed to Vegas right after the draft.

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
Calvin Ridley falls further than expected but makes up for it by helping his new team win the super bowl.

Bills do not trade up. Take Lamar Jackson.

More linebackers than corners get drafted in the top 20 picks.

More running backs than wide receivers get drafted top 20. 

Mr Barkley meet Mr Manning. 

Alabama will break the SEC record for most players selected in a 10 year period.

The 23rd pick will, for the 6th time consecutively, be from the SEC.

Texas A&M will break its streak of 7 consecutive drafts with a first round pick. 

Alabama will continue its streak, for the 10th year, of having a first round pick. (2nd longest, Miami is first)

Alabama will break the SEC record for most players selected in a 10 year period.

Texas A&M will break its streak of 7 consecutive drafts with a first round pick. 

Alabama will continue its streak, for the 10th year, of having a first round pick. (2nd longest, Miami is first)
:nerd:

The Patriots do not trade in either the first or second rounds. 

Mike Mayock sets a record for saying “special” 4,698 times in the telecast Thursday night, exceeded only by the 5,004 times he says variations of the word “freak”. 

-OZ- said:
Calvin Ridley falls further than expected but makes up for it by helping his new team win the super bowl.

Bills do not trade up. Take Lamar Jackson.

More linebackers than corners get drafted in the top 20 picks.

More running backs than wide receivers get drafted top 20. 

Mr Barkley meet Mr Manning. 
Eagles will not be taking a WR in round 1.

Mike Mayock sets a record for saying “special” 4,698 times in the telecast Thursday night, exceeded only by the 5,004 times he says variations of the word “freak”. 
Don't forget "motor".

Steelers trade Bell and their 1st to the browns for the 4 and grab Mayfield. Jackson goes to the jets at 3. 
Steelers cant trade Bell, as much as I wish they could, he isnt signed.  I almost wish they could work out a deal, and tell him we are trading you to X.  Or he sign the franchise tag, then I believe they could trade him.  

My prediction is, all QBs in this draft suck, and maybe 1 is still starting in 4 years.

“Oily hips”, you glass eater.

Packers trade down and draft Guice with their (now late) 1st round pick. 

Owners of the 1.02 go wild.

Steelers cant trade Bell, as much as I wish they could, he isnt signed.  I almost wish they could work out a deal, and tell him we are trading you to X.  Or he sign the franchise tag, then I believe they could trade him.  
I think Bell would sign the tag if he was convinced the team he was getting traded to was going to backup the truck with a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed money. 

I don't think it was a coincidence that CLE and Landry came to a long term contract shortly after that trade was consummated.

It may well be over-discussed in the Browns thread (i'd sooner go to the political subforum than read any of that), but it seems so Brownsian for them to pick Saquon Barkley @ 1.01 and let the market sift a couple QBs out of their choices @ 1.04

CLE goes Barkley

Giants are screwed, they wanted Barkley, but they aint trading down, and they take Darnold

Jets take Josh Allen - a bit surprising but they can't get past the potential

CLE take Baker Mayfield

My prediction is, all QBs in this draft suck, and maybe 1 is still starting in 4 years.
It is amazing to me how many people keep saying to trade Bell after it is explained over and over again that he can't be traded until he signs.   

Steelers trade Bell and their 1st to the browns for the 4 and grab Mayfield. Jackson goes to the jets at 3. 

I think Bell would sign the tag if he was convinced the team he was getting traded to was going to backup the truck with a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed money. 

I don't think it was a coincidence that CLE and Landry came to a long term contract shortly after that trade was consummated.
Let's assume this is true. 

Would Cleveland really back the truck up with guaranteed money for Bell? Especially when they can just draft Barkley.  If he knew that's the team that will pay him would he even want to go there? (Probably if the money is guaranteed but still...), Would Cleveland and Pittsburgh even talk seriously about such a deal? 

It's fun to speculate but this seems implausible.

-OZ- said:

-OZ- said:
Just kinda hit me. 

1.23 Patriots take Calvin Ridley.

Users who are viewing this thread