What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

- - Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread (Live discussion) - - (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 I seriously couldn't remember if we had one of these last year, or if we did, I can't remember posting in it or seeing it.

Regardless, since I didn't see a new one for this year,  I thought it would be a good idea to have a live "post along"  thread like we do for many of the night games in season.

I don't usually get to see the draft live, so tonight will be a refreshing change for me.

I'll be coming back to this thread along the way I'm sure.

(If for some reason there is already another thread like this started specifically for feedback as the draft progresses, MODS feel free to delete this one)

Me - ?

I'm actually looking forward to the Browns being competitive, even though it may be a year or two away.

What you got.............?

TZM

Give it a rest. If he was 6’2 you’d be praying to the same god the Browns would draft him.
Can't succeed with a so-so arm, a sub-par body, sub-par athleticism, and fragility issues.  He won't start 16 games in his career.

Mayfield is literally the only realistic way the Browns can completely and utterly blow this Godsend of a draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't succeed with a so-so arm, a sub-par body, sub-par athleticism, and fragility issues.  He won't start 16 games in his career.

Mayfield is literally the only realistic way the Browns can completely and utterly blow this Godsend of a draft.
disagree 

Well, Lamar Jackson certainly doesn't sound "prepared".    :ph34r:   LOL.

Love his "Lucky Charms" comment though.

Agree with one of the above posters, this should be pinned for the next day or two.

TZM

Watching all this "pre draft bull####" just reminds me of how every year I actually look forward to this.  (and usually I don't even get to see it)

But then again once it starts, I am reminded of how much actual garbage there is, surrounded by a pick or two here or there.

At least after the next couple of days we can sort out where the better RBs are going to land and we might be able to predict which ones will have better roles this coming season.

TZM

The Browns are literally blowing who now?

If the Browns take Mayfield, he'll be another metaphorical log on the bonfire of dogs### quarterbacks that Cleveland has drafted. As a Steelers fan, I'm praying they draft Mayfield and Chubb and not Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Barkley. If they get 2 of the latter 4 players, then they'll be a team to worry about in a couple of years. 

If I was Browns I would draft Darnold and Chubb.  My guess is Browns draft Baker and trade down from 4.  Hope whatever they do we start winning.  The great teams of the 80s I barely remember now a days.  Bernie Bernie to Baker Baker..........

If the Browns take Mayfield, he'll be another metaphorical log on the bonfire of dogs### quarterbacks that Cleveland has drafted. As a Steelers fan, I'm praying they draft Mayfield and Chubb and not Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Barkley. If they get 2 of the latter 4 players, then they'll be a team to worry about in a couple of years. 
Why Chubb?

My prediction for Browns' first round:

1st pick: D-III kicker

4th pick: Traded to another team for a 4th rounder, fifty bucks, and an '87 Camry.

This is the one day each year that I secretly envy Browns fans. Must be fun as hell to speculate on two top 4 picks. 

Steelers have had exactly one top ten pick since the 1980s. Price of success, I guess. 

(Bonus points for any non-Steelers fan that can name that player picked in the top 10.)

Users who are viewing this thread