What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

- - Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread (Live discussion) - - (2 Viewers)

I hate to clutter up this thread with this dumb argument. My original question was honest - what scares NFL teams if he's been cleared by UM and Harvard?

But your point is absurd. Why the #### would a Harvard cardiologist give a #### about Mo Hurst's NFL career at the expense of his own career? Its nonsensical.
Let it go.  New guy has been trolling hard the last couple days. 

I liked Booker coming out. Wanted him for Pitt in the middle rounds.

I liked Freeman coming out. Wanted him for Pitt in the middle rounds.

I'd rather have Freeman right now, and yet I know Booker gets first crack at keeping the job.

Man the Ravens will miss Newsome. Year after year he finds a way. I bet Brown turns into a steal and he still got the TE weapon he wants and a QB with tons of potential. 

Gallup and Pettis could be the biggest risers from predraft to post. 
Why do you think Pettis?  Because he's something special, or because he was low to begin with?  I see the landing spot as pretty average compared to Gallup.

Why do you think Pettis?  Because he's something special, or because he was low to begin with?  I see the landing spot as pretty average compared to Gallup.
I'd wager because people think the QB has the chance to be something special, while the incumbents at WR don't.

Far better pick getting Andrews. Hurst should be ready to retire when Andrews is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea whether he is special or not. I was basing my statement solely off landing spots. My reasoning is Garoppolo at QB, Kyle Shanahan’s system, and  Garçon being the only good WR in SF. If he is talented, he could be a real steal.

I have no idea whether he is special or not. I was basing my statement solely off landing spots. My reasoning is Garoppolo at QB, Kyle Shanahan’s system, and  Garçon being the only good WR in SF. If he is talented, he could be a real steal.

Don't forget Goodwin

And Kittle, and Trent Taylor.  While not all-pros, the cupboard wasn't bare.
Still, at worst, it's the type of talent that means there'll be competition.  That's all you can ask for if you're putting your chips on a rook, and if you believe in him.  No one in that cupboard is going to push Pettis straight to the back of the shelf.  :shrug:   

Why are the TEs so old this year?  A few of them are 24.  Goedert is 23.  Hurst will be 25!  For a position that is usually harder to produce right away, this looks like a bad year just due to age alone.  Add in the landing spots and it doesn't look promising for these guys.

This better be the last year that they allow these moronic has beens to announce picks.  Literally ruining the moment that some of these kids have waited their entire lives for.  Vince Young butchers a name, Nate Burleson goes on a nonsensical rambling tangent, and now Deuce Lutui drops a big dump on the Cardinals pick by not even announcing any of the “with the X pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select _____.”  The only thing he blurts out is something like “WELCOME TO THE FAM, MASON COLE.”

Get these losers out of here, and get off my lawn!!  

Seriously NFL Network?  Don't even cover the picks at the end of the 3rd round?

I think it's been years since I've watched NFL Network's draft coverage more than ESPN.  This is why. ESPN talked about every single pick I was interested in hearing about the player.  NFL Network doesn't even bother reporting the pick was made beyond what scrolled past on the graphics.

Why are the TEs so old this year?  A few of them are 24.  Goedert is 23.  Hurst will be 25!  For a position that is usually harder to produce right away, this looks like a bad year just due to age alone.  Add in the landing spots and it doesn't look promising for these guys.

Part of it might be that last year's class was considered so strong, maybe some borderline guys who might normally declare stayed in school and got another year older. Idk though

Do NFL teams really not give a #### about age? What do you think a 26 year old athlete is going to do against 18, 19, 20 year old kids?

Seriously NFL Network?  Don't even cover the picks at the end of the 3rd round?

I think it's been years since I've watched NFL Network's draft coverage more than ESPN.  This is why. ESPN talked about every single pick I was interested in hearing about the player.  NFL Network doesn't even bother reporting the pick was made beyond what scrolled past on the graphics.
Wtf right? They totally skipped the Texans pick of TE Akins while in commercial, just flashed it at the bottom of the screen.

Still, at worst, it's the type of talent that means there'll be competition.  That's all you can ask for if you're putting your chips on a rook, and if you believe in him.  No one in that cupboard is going to push Pettis straight to the back of the shelf.  :shrug:   
Yeah next to Green Bay, SF was pretty much seen as the holy grail of WR landing spots this year, so not sure why suddenly people are acting like "why do you think landing in SF boosts that guy's value??".

Can't speak for the other guys but Hurst was drafted into minor league baseball before flunking out and moving on to college football.

Do NFL teams really not give a #### about age? What do you think a 26 year old athlete is going to do against 18, 19, 20 year old kids?
Perhaps with the te position older isn’t as much of an issue. Just spitballing, and have no data to back it up, but maybe more experience (older) translates to a quicker nfl transition? Guys like Ebron and maxx Williams are still young but are considered “busts” while Evan engram came in at 23 and saw instant production (opportunity helped). Probably nothing to it, but it’s a thought. 

Wow.  Callaway to the Browns.  Ballsy!

I'll leave the obvious Josh Gordon cracks to someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josey Jewell = Chris Borland
I've met Josey a number of times.  Good head for the game.  At worst, a really capable backup ILB who will know the playbook inside and out, work his ### off, bust his hump on ST, and run the scout D like a champ.  Obviously plenty of upside from there.  Was going to like that pick for whatever team made it.

Nyheim Hines to the Colts. Are they *still* looking for an early down guy or do they think Hines could be the one? Interesting pick there. 

These two definately have the potential to light it up.
Calloway is a low-risk flyer.  

All eyes will be on Mayfield and Ward, add Chubb is going to steal a lot of attention from this draft class so Calloway should be able to keep in the background.

Dorsey won't lose any sleep if he has to cut him but if the kid can keep his nose clean then their isn't a lot of competition for one of the WRs spots.

Users who are viewing this thread