What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookies - what now? (Now including all rounds!) (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
From the original consensus polls, PPR version: 

PPR

Sanquon Barkley 91% with 57 votes - Giants, no change.

Derrius Guice 63% with 51 votes - ??? Does Guice drop a little even if he lands in a decent spot, just by being at best the 4th back selected? Redskins! The fall hurts his value to some degree but great landing spot.

Nick Chubb 34.8% with 48 votes - Cleveland. While Hyde isn't elite, I'd think this isn't the best spot for the short term.

Sony Michel 42.6% with 54 votes - NE. does anyone dare take a Patriots back high? 

Ronald Jones 43.4% with 60 votes - bucs. Very good spot. Possibly the best spot of any of these top backs if Winston develops. 

Rashaad Penny 41.7% with 65 votes - SEA. he should be starting quick, gets to play with one of the best QBs, but their oline is not good.

Courtland Sutton 38.9% with 57 votes - Denver. Kind of a mixed bag imo. Maybe he takes the 2 spot over Sanders soon?

Calvin Ridley 39.2% with 58 votes - ATL, a very good landing spot for immediate production. He should be the #2 target early.

Royce Freeman 22.2% with 63 votes - Denver again. Should take over ahead of Booker I think. 

Kerryon Johnson 26.5% with 59 votes (close to a tie with Christian Kirk) - Lions, another really good spot.

Christian Kirk 32.7% with 55 votes (DJ Moore won the run off poll)- Arizona. another spot I like. Opposite the legend for a couple years, maybe his new QB will develop? 

DJ Moore 43.6% with 46 votes - CAR. Cam isn't the most accurate passer but Moore could do really well here. I like it. Plus he has to get a small bump just for being the first wr taken.

James Washington 43.2% with 40 votes - Steelers. 3rd on the chart for the foreseeable future. Not a horrible spot though.

Equanimeous St. Brown 40.4% with 48 votes - Packers. He fell a lot further than I'd have expected but lands in the perfect spot.

Dallas Goedert 24.4% with 47 votes - Philly. Could have been Dallas which would have been so much better.

Michael Gallup 22.9% with 41 votes - cowboy up. Could be a really good spot, bump him up a bit.

Anthony Miller 32.4% with 40 votes - bears. Talented young QB, there's room for him eventually but probably not much soon.

Mike Gesicki 25% with 42 votes - dolphins, almost an ideal spot. Bump him up a bit.

DJ Chark 22.9% with 36 votes - jags. There are plenty of wr2 types in Jacksonville. Not sure what he'll do...

Hayden Hurst wasn't voted in at this point but Baltimore seems a very good spot and we can probably trust Ozzie to know what he's doing.

Where do the QBs go in 1QB leagues? 

Mayfield - CLE. probably the most upside, but it's the browns. I doubt I'll draft him anywhere but maybe he's a late 1st?

Darnold - NYJ. Most pro ready, but with a perceived lower ceiling. Another player I'll probably avoid unless he's around in the mid to late 2nd.... Then maybe

Allen - BUF. Probably the only one I might target if he falls into the 2nd. 

Rosen - AZ. Gets to play with Larry and the team is pretty solid around him. As a player he seems to be in a great spot but there's plenty of personal dislike that he should not be drafted high.

Jackson - BAL. Slightly disappointed that he fell this far and isn't a saint, but he might have more upside than Mayfield and gets the better situation. Ideal selection for a team with an elder QB or isn't playing for 18. Could end up being the first QB drafted in some leagues. Might be worth a first, probably a mid 2nd...

Thoughts? 

Last edited by a moderator:
From those already drafted, I'm thinking, in most leagues:

1 Barkley 

2 Penny

3 Michel

4 Ridley

5 Hurst

6 Moore

7 Mayfield

8 Allen

9 Jackson

10 Darnold

11 Rosen

We are going with a BB RB in the top 3?

:lol:
I honestly don't know what to think with him.  Ask me in a few minutes and I might drop him to 6. He'll certainly drop after Guice and Chubb are drafted.

Part of the analysis here is the pats are changing in the next couple years. I think they'll run more than last year, and Michel should be a key part of that committee. But to your point, it is hard to trust a pats back to be a bellcow. 

I think from those already drafted that’s a decent list. Lots of rbs/wr/te we all expect to go in rd 2, but they all won’t. Can a freeman/ballage/Johnson sneak into the 2nd? I’m counting about 6 wr who could be next off the board, 3 rbs that should go at the top of rd 2, 2-3 tes that could go, 2-3 qbs. I don’t see half the League drafting rb/wr/te/qb, so some guys will drop, and I could see a team at the back of rd 2 look at the other rbs. 

right now - already drafted -

1. Barkley

2. Penny

3. Moore

4. I guess Michel but there is a drop here, rd 2 guys going to go above here

5. Ridley

6. Hurst

Already heard a handful of fantasy podcasts proclaiming that they hate the Ridley pick and his value is ruined. I think it's the opposite. He's a potential #1 WR talent, who gets to face #2 coverage. Also, Julio is blanketed in the endzone 100% of the time, that's why he has hardly any TDs. There's a chance that Ridley could be a double digit TD producer in year 1. I really like this pick for him.

I feel a bit bad for Moore. He's a very talented WR who's going to a team with an inaccurate QB.  Saw projections with him going to Green Bay and man that would have been sweet.

My league is Superflex, TE premium 14 teamer

mock today

1. Barkley. Easy pick. I think his value increased with how rest of draft went
  2. Rosen. I think best landing spot by far. Most talent
  3. Darnold. Going to take time
  4. Mayfield. Good talent around him. Another Brown Big 12 bust. But will put him here but I don’t touch. 
  5. Moore. Top WR. Can be top dog but concerns on mouths and Cam 
  6. Allen. I like his spot. Great coaching coming. But got to wait. 
  7. Penny. Lead back but can Carroll be trusted. Also Wilson is poacher and OL sucks
  8. Hurst. I think immediate impact in that O but 25 and don’t like with Jackson
  9. Ridley. #3 WR at best in fantasy in future.  Helps Julio though. And Ryan. Never going to be go to guy. Sanu and Hooper take targets now
  10. Michel. RBBC with fumbilitis. Not good combo. I can’t do it. 
  11. Jackson. Dropped. Late round first success is ugly overall. Going to be years and his interview was not good and he is skinny. Yuck
fot IDP

love all 4 LB spots and Davenport. James great spot. Chubb went flush as OLB. 

I could see putting these LBs in at 9 but deep draft and expect more tonight. 

chubb, Grice and Jones have some great spots to land to go ahead of Penny easily as early seconds

some good WR spots also to be had to like Sutton, Kirk, Chark or Washington over Moore and Ridley. Late first not that big an asset

I'm surprised by Penny as the 1.2... I mean I get it, the surrounding cast is terrible, but he's not NFL Draft first round talent. Seahawks don't have a 2nd rounder so they had to reach round 1. Need to temper expectations just a little maybe? 

I see him as a fantasy 1st rounder for sure, but maybe not top 3, or even top 5 unless you're starved at RB. IMO there are RBs to be taken yet that I'd take over him in dynasty 

My league is Superflex, TE premium 14 teamer

mock today

1. Barkley. Easy pick. I think his value increased with how rest of draft went
  2. Rosen. I think best landing spot by far. Most talent
  3. Darnold. Going to take time
  4. Mayfield. Good talent around him. Another Brown Big 12 bust. But will put him here but I don’t touch. 
  5. Moore. Top WR. Can be top dog but concerns on mouths and Cam 
  6. Allen. I like his spot. Great coaching coming. But got to wait. 
  7. Penny. Lead back but can Carroll be trusted. Also Wilson is poacher and OL sucks
  8. Hurst. I think immediate impact in that O but 25 and don’t like with Jackson
  9. Ridley. #3 WR at best in fantasy in future.  Helps Julio though. And Ryan. Never going to be go to guy. Sanu and Hooper take targets now
  10. Michel. RBBC with fumbilitis. Not good combo. I can’t do it. 
  11. Jackson. Dropped. Late round first success is ugly overall. Going to be years and his interview was not good and he is skinny. Yuck
fot IDP

love all 4 LB spots and Davenport. James great spot. Chubb went flush as OLB. 

I could see putting these LBs in at 9 but deep draft and expect more tonight. 

chubb, Grice and Jones have some great spots to land to go ahead of Penny easily as early seconds

some good WR spots also to be had to like Sutton, Kirk, Chark or Washington over Moore and Ridley. Late first not that big an asset
Good list, but why must Allen wait any longer than Mayfield?

Good list, but why must Allen wait any longer than Mayfield?
I think Mayfield is on field soon. Great chance Allen is also but I think less pressure overall as 7th pick to get on field in year one. Everyone knew he needed year. 

I love Allen over Mayfield but Cleveland does have way better supporting cast. Just not coaching. Even Mayfield fits Hue but not Haley. 

Already heard a handful of fantasy podcasts proclaiming that they hate the Ridley pick and his value is ruined. I think it's the opposite. He's a potential #1 WR talent, who gets to face #2 coverage. Also, Julio is blanketed in the endzone 100% of the time, that's why he has hardly any TDs. There's a chance that Ridley could be a double digit TD producer in year 1. I really like this pick for him.
I lean more towards the "his value is ruined" camp than your assessment.  There's a zero percent chance that Ridley hits 10 TD's in year 1, and probably 50/50 that he ever records a season with 10+TD's.  I could buy the red zone appeal for Ridley operating opposite Julio if Ridley were anything other than 6'0" 190lbs with a 31" vertical.  Red zone simply isn't his game.  Julio is going to soak up 160 targets until his legs fall off, the Falcons heavily utilize their RB's in the passing game, and Ridley will be lucky if he's seeing much more than 6-7 targets per game.  Now, if Julio weren't there this would be an entirely different conversation.

I feel a bit bad for Moore. He's a very talented WR who's going to a team with an inaccurate QB.  Saw projections with him going to Green Bay and man that would have been sweet.
Yep, the path to playing time for Moore is clear but I just don't see much more than fantasy WR2 type upside for Moore. 

I lean more towards the "his value is ruined" camp than your assessment.  There's a zero percent chance that Ridley hits 10 TD's in year 1, and probably 50/50 that he ever records a season with 10+TD's.  I could buy the red zone appeal for Ridley operating opposite Julio if Ridley were anything other than 6'0" 190lbs with a 31" vertical.  Red zone simply isn't his game.  Julio is going to soak up 160 targets until his legs fall off, the Falcons heavily utilize their RB's in the passing game, and Ridley will be lucky if he's seeing much more than 6-7 targets per game.  Now, if Julio weren't there this would be an entirely different conversation.
People over correlate size to redzone prowess.  Brown, Landry, Diggs, Baldwin were all among the top in receiving TDs last year and a couple of those guys have been at or near the top of that last every year.  I'm not saying Ridley is going to catch a ton of TDs, but there doesn't really seem to be a correlation between these big 6'2" and over receivers and TDs anymore. 

Also Julio hasn't gotten 160 targets since 2015.

People over correlate size to redzone prowess.  Brown, Landry, Diggs, Baldwin were all among the top in receiving TDs last year and a couple of those guys have been at or near the top of that last every year.  I'm not saying Ridley is going to catch a ton of TDs, but there doesn't really seem to be a correlation between these big 6'2" and over receivers and TDs anymore. 

And Ridley runs very crisp routes. Turning on a dime can lead to a lot of TDs. 10 might be high, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had more TDs than Julio this year.

I'm surprised by Penny as the 1.2... I mean I get it, the surrounding cast is terrible, but he's not NFL Draft first round talent. Seahawks don't have a 2nd rounder so they had to reach round 1. Need to temper expectations just a little maybe? 

I see him as a fantasy 1st rounder for sure, but maybe not top 3, or even top 5 unless you're starved at RB. IMO there are RBs to be taken yet that I'd take over him in dynasty 
That's what it seemed like but the reports coming out are saying the opposite.  The Seahawks' GM said they would have taken him all the way up at 18 if a trade down wasn't available, and also said that a team called them to try and trade for Penny after they picked him at 28.

There are also reports that the Browns were planning to take him at 33 if he was there.

It seems like NFL teams were higher on Penny than we realized.

And Ridley runs very crisp routes. Turning on a dime can lead to a lot of TDs. 10 might be high, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had more TDs than Julio this year.
Yep.

:2cents:

I think Ridley is a much better fit in the nfl as a #2 than the primary receiver. Julio will allow Ridley more space to run his crisp routes and get open. While it's too easy to get hyped, there really wouldn't be many  better situations for him for the next couple years. New England probably for 2018 but not many others. 

That seems like an odd stance to take, after he was....ummm...drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft.
I'm not saying I share his stance but he's just saying Seattle reached. It happens every year. Just because someone is selected in the 1st round, doesn't mean the 31 other teams didn't see the guy as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. It only takes one team to be wrong. Was Tebow a first round talent? No, but some dumb*** drafted him in the first round.

That being said, I'm sure Seattle could've traded back if they wanted to. They obviously liked him and didn't think the risk was worth the benefit of trading back. If a solid organization like Seattle drafts a guy in the first round, I'm inclined to think he's a 1st round talent or extremely close to it by most other teams. If it was Houston or Chicago or SF... I'd be more inclined to question it. 

If a solid organization like Seattle drafts a guy in the first round, I'm inclined to think he's a 1st round talent or extremely close to it by most other teams.
I'll trust John Schneider's track record over Dr. Dan from the FBG message boards. No offense to Dr. Dan, because I'll trust John Schneider's over my evaluations as well. Obviously no pick is infallible but at this point Penny is an NFL first round talent until proven otherwise.

I'm not saying I share his stance but he's just saying Seattle reached. It happens every year. Just because someone is selected in the 1st round, doesn't mean the 31 other teams didn't see the guy as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. It only takes one team to be wrong. Was Tebow a first round talent? No, but some dumb*** drafted him in the first round.

That being said, I'm sure Seattle could've traded back if they wanted to. They obviously liked him and didn't think the risk was worth the benefit of trading back. If a solid organization like Seattle drafts a guy in the first round, I'm inclined to think he's a 1st round talent or extremely close to it by most other teams. If it was Houston or Chicago or SF... I'd be more inclined to question it. 
With his production in college and measurables I don't see why anybody is too awful surprised by this. Then again, with some of his question marks, he could have went in the 3rd and I wouldn't have been surprised either.

Yep, the path to playing time for Moore is clear but I just don't see much more than fantasy WR2 type upside for Moore. 
There were ALOT of doomsayers for McCaffrey going to Carolina last year, too. Things such as "Carolina never throws the ball to its RBs". 80 McCaffrey receptions later, that was obviously wrong. 

The concern about Cam's accuracy is legit, but Moore is extremely talented and now has opportunity. Things change fast in the NFL.

I expect Ridley to have fewer targets than all those guys except Diggs. Also, Landry has been abysmal at TDs per target throughout his career. Last year was an aberration. Height isn't everything, but I think there's likely a positive correlation between height and TDs per target.

Julio got 148 targets last year and was on a similar pace the year before. He exaggerated but his point stands. Julio is a (deserved) target hog. It's going to be hard for Ridley to get enough targets to be a notable fantasy WR. Also, Sanu isn't going to disappear this year.

That seems like an odd stance to take, after he was....ummm...drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft.
Right. However, if you read any draft analysis you'll see that he was rated as a round 2-3 talent. Many players are taken round 1 of the draft when they aren't Round 1 talent. Edmunds (the other one) is another example. PIT reached. 

I don't understand how this is such an odd stance to take. Every year there are tons of people who say that players are taken way too high... this isn't a foreign stance to take. I'm surprised as a Jets fan you don't understand the concept of reaching. 

There were ALOT of doomsayers for McCaffrey going to Carolina last year, too. Things such as "Carolina never throws the ball to its RBs". 80 McCaffrey receptions later, that was obviously wrong. 

The concern about Cam's accuracy is legit, but Moore is extremely talented and now has opportunity. Things change fast in the NFL.
Cam has thrown for over 4,000 yards exactly once.

Right. However, if you read any draft analysis you'll see that he was rated as a round 2-3 talent. Many players are taken round 1 of the draft when they aren't Round 1 talent. Edmunds (the other one) is another example. PIT reached. 
I am certainly open to the idea that just because one team liked him as a 1st rounder doesn't mean he was a 1st round talent, but it sounds like more teams were interested in him in the 1st or early 2nd round than just the Seahawks.  I think he might have gone even earlier were it not for those reports you're mentioning as those probably made teams think they could wait on him even though they graded him as a 1st rounder.  Cleveland for instance was reportedly very upset they couldn't get him at 33.  They had tons of ammo to trade up a little and I bet if it were more common knowledge that teams liked him as a 1st rounder they would have pulled the trigger.

I honestly don't know what to think with him.  Ask me in a few minutes and I might drop him to 6. He'll certainly drop after Guice and Chubb are drafted.

Part of the analysis here is the pats are changing in the next couple years. I think they'll run more than last year, and Michel should be a key part of that committee. But to your point, it is hard to trust a pats back to be a bellcow. 
Add Jones to that list.

Tex

So how much of Penny/Sony going in the 1st do we think is a reaction to Hunt/Kamara?  A lot of people were comparing Penny to Hunt (3-down workhorse from a small school that should be available in the middle of the draft) and of course Sony has drawn lots of comparisons to Kamara, then suddenly these guys are both 1st round picks.

I am certainly open to the idea that just because one team liked him as a 1st rounder doesn't mean he was a 1st round talent, but it sounds like more teams were interested in him in the 1st or early 2nd round than just the Seahawks.  I think he might have gone even earlier were it not for those reports you're mentioning as those probably made teams think they could wait on him even though they graded him as a 1st rounder.  Cleveland for instance was reportedly very upset they couldn't get him at 33.  They had tons of ammo to trade up a little and I bet if it were more common knowledge that teams liked him as a 1st rounder they would have pulled the trigger.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know many other teams were interested. I did know the Browns had interest however. The draft is a crazy thing! 

I don't understand how this is such an odd stance to take. Every year there are tons of people who say that players are taken way too high... this isn't a foreign stance to take. I'm surprised as a Jets fan you don't understand the concept of reaching. 
I see both sides on this debate, but keep in mind that some journalist's opinion =/= consensus opinion of NFL GMs.

I think the thing to key in on is the organization. Seattle has earned some trust. IF they reached, I doubt they reached by much. We should take note and move Penny up a bit rather than assume they reached 1-2 rounds.

Brown is the best WR in football, Landry was the #1 WR on his team soaking up 160+ targets and had 9 TD's, Diggs had 8 TD's on 95 targets which is an unbelievably unrealistic rate (but probably the best example of that it's at least possible on limited targets), and Baldwin the clear #1 on his team and had 8 TD's.  On top of the physical limitations of Ridley, he's got a QB that's thrown 30+ TD's in a season exactly twice in his ten year career and averaged 27 TD's per year beyond his rookie season.  I think there's a chance Ridley ends up being an 70-1000 type receiver, but 10 TD's is a pipe dream IMO.

I'm not going to do the research because I don't really care (and am actually pulling for Ridley), but I bet there's a strong correlation that WR's whom score double digit TD's fall into one of three distinct categories.  They're either far and away their team's #1 target (Antonio, Evans, Dez, Evans, ODB etc), they've got a HOF QB tossing insane numbers (Packers, Saints, Patriots, etc), or they're a legit red zone target due to their physical traits.   I think to consistently score double digits, you need at least two of those traits.  You can score double digit TD's on occasion if you fall into one of those buckets.  But if you aren't a #1, don't play with a HOF QB, and aren't a physical red zone threat, then odds are heavily stacked against 10 TD's.  There may be an outlier or two, but I'm guessing not many.  Considering Ridley falls into a position where he checks none of those boxes, I think TD's are going to be tough to come by until he becomes a #1 target with a correlating increase in target share or Matt Ryan develops beyond what he's been for ten years.   

You can adjust Julio's targets to 150 per year then and I'm not sure the distribution of those 10 targets changes the equation.   

Brown is the best WR in football, Landry was the #1 WR on his team soaking up 160+ targets and had 9 TD's, Diggs had 8 TD's on 95 targets which is an unbelievably unrealistic rate (but probably the best example of that it's at least possible on limited targets), and Baldwin the clear #1 on his team and had 8 TD's.  On top of the physical limitations of Ridley, he's got a QB that's thrown 30+ TD's in a season exactly twice in his ten year career and averaged 27 TD's per year beyond his rookie season.  I think there's a chance Ridley ends up being an 70-1000 type receiver, but 10 TD's is a pipe dream IMO.
Double digit TDs is kind of a pipe dream for anyone (I think only two WRs even did it last year) but even if it's not likely for him to approach that, it's not out of the question.  Sterling Shepard caught 8 TDs as a rookie in a similar situation.  Agholor last year as the #2 had 8.  Watkins had 8 on 70 targets.  JuJu had 7 as the #2 despite not really starting until half way through the year.  Two years ago Kenny Stills had 9 TD on 81 targets. 

The #2 receiver on good passing offenses have put together some pretty good TD seasons lately on quite a few teams, even when they're not 6'2".

I like the way this draft is going. Some of you gentlemen are jumping the gun by thinking  after the 1.03 pick is not good. I’m loaded on 1st round picks this year and you will see why today. 

If there are owners in your league who had a knee jerk reaction to how the 1st round went yesterday try to trade up now because it’s about it get loaded and the arguments for Tiers 1 and 2 is going to be interesting. 

Dilly Dilly,

Tex

Double digit TDs is kind of a pipe dream for anyone (I think only two WRs even did it last year) but even if it's not likely for him to approach that, it's not out of the question.  Sterling Shepard caught 8 TDs as a rookie in a similar situation.  Agholor last year as the #2 had 8.  Watkins had 8 on 70 targets.  JuJu had 7 as the #2 despite not really starting until half way through the year.  Two years ago Kenny Stills had 9 TD on 81 targets. 

The #2 receiver on good passing offenses have put together some pretty good TD seasons lately on quite a few teams, even when they're not 6'2".
And the differing opinions is what makes ffball so enjoyable.  You don't think 10 TD's for Ridley this year is a pipe dream.  I do.  Guess we'll see where he ends up come December.  No matter what, should be an exciting fantasy offense in Atlanta.  :thumbup:

Actual draft position >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Draft Analysis

Who writes the draft analyses? "Draft Experts." These are the same guys that get less than 10% correct on their mock drafts. Mel Kyper Jr may be a human encyclopedia of facts about the players, which works beautifully for his roll as color analyst at the draft, but if he could actually evaluate talent (and reasonably predict college players success in the NFL), then he would be working for a team and not ESPN.

The guys that really know how to evaluate talent (not just blather on height, weight and three cone drill times) work for the teams, not ESPN.

Who writes the draft analyses? "Draft Experts." These are the same guys that get less than 10% correct on their mock drafts. Mel Kyper Jr may be a human encyclopedia of facts about the players, which works beautifully for his roll as color analyst at the draft, but if he could actually evaluate talent (and reasonably predict college players success in the NFL), then he would be working for a team and not ESPN.

The guys that really know how to evaluate talent (not just blather on height, weight and three cone drill times) work for the teams, not ESPN.
Well in all fairness, when the guys making the actual picks miss as often as they do, I think it's fair to say that both sides kind of suck ;)

I am a happy man today. 

I have the 6th pick in our rookie draft and with the 3 guys going where they went, i hope to see Indy TB and Washington fillin the holes today and my 6th pick will be solid

Indy- Chubb

Tb- Guice

Wash- Jones

If that happens i would rank those 6 rbs in a dynasty as the following

Barkley

Guice

Sony

Jones

Penny

Chubb

Yup. I agree. We can go around and around on guys who have busted in the early rounds and flourished in the later rounds. I love going back after 5-6 years and doing a re-draft, and it's crazy to see how the draft should have gone. 

I don't really like Penny that much, I think he has some significant downsides. His saving grace is his 40 time/ combination of size and speed. I think his downside is he's reportedly dumb as a box of rocks; Christine Michael 2.0 (or maybe I'm wrong and he's Frank Gore 2.0). I like Nick Chubb better if that tells you were I saw Penny going. Penny was my RB6, but then again I work for a large hospital group, not an NFL team. So what do I know; I just do this for fun. Seattle has done a pretty good job drafting in recent years, so they are probably right and I'm probably wrong. As far as fantasy/dynasty goes, I'd likely pass just as many would likely pass on Mayfield. 

Well hes a Doctor, so there is that 
If you have an issue with me, that's fine- that's your issue to deal with, but insulting what I do for a living.... what do you do for work if we want to get into it? What does bringing what I do for a living into the conversation do to constructively/positively advance the discussion? I put my personal opinion on one player out there and I'm a villain? I said just above your post, my opinion could very well be wrong. In fact, it's likely to be wrong. The draft "experts" are wrong all the time, so it's even more likely I'm incorrect. Teams over-reach all the time. I think the Saints gave up a king's ransom to move up and reach on a guy. I think the Steelers reached. We won't know for 3-5 years if these guys really pan out. No one questions anyone saying they'd avoid Mayfield, and he was 1.01. Whatever. Same old SP

If you have an issue with me, that's fine- that's your issue to deal with, but insulting what I do for a living.... what do you do for work if we want to get into it? What does bringing what I do for a living into the conversation do to constructively/positively advance the discussion? I put my personal opinion on one player out there and I'm a villain? I said just above your post, my opinion could very well be wrong. In fact, it's likely to be wrong. The draft "experts" are wrong all the time, so it's even more likely I'm incorrect. Teams over-reach all the time. I think the Saints gave up a king's ransom to move up and reach on a guy. I think the Steelers reached. We won't know for 3-5 years if these guys really pan out. No one questions anyone saying they'd avoid Mayfield, and he was 1.01. Whatever. Same old SP
its a joke, lighten up Francis, sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread