What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Post Your 2018 Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

Crazy how late these QBs are going. It's what my roster needs more than anything, so I guess I'll be trying to trade down from 1.10.

I noticed the traded away 1.1 after I posted. Horrible. Do you know what he got for it?  

The two later 1st round picks. The guys in the league said that it seemed like he was unsure of which end of that trade he was really on. I'm not sure if they were joking.
Nope.

In the previous owner's defense, flea flicker listed future picks including the spot overall (which 11 of us knew was wrong and to ignore it, seems he didn't).  He also thought way too much of his team. 

So the guy who got the 1 for the two later firsts later traded the 1 to the defending champ ( :bowtie: ) for Hunt and Cooks.  He should be set for a while.  

32 team IDP, PPR 

Players available twice. Which makes for some interesting picks for example when one player (Ridley) goes at both 1.04 and 1.16. 

WR reign supreme there which helps explain the falling of some backs like Freeman and Johnson. 

12 Team PPR Dynasty (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE)

1.01 - Barkley

1.02 - Guice

1.03 - Penny

1.04 - Michel

1.05 - Chubb

1.06 - R. Jones

1.07 - Kerryon

1.08 - D. Moore

1.09 - Kirk

1.10 - Ridley

1.11 - Freeman

1.12 - Sutton

2.01 - Pettis

2.02 - Gallup

2.03 - A. Miller

2.04 -  Washington

2.05 - Ballage

2.06 - Hines

2.07 - Chark

2.08 - L. Jackson

2.09 - Goedert

2.10 - Mayfield

2.11 - E. St Brown

2.12 - K. Coute

3.01 - Cain

3.02 - Darnold

3.03 - Gesicki

3.04 - Hurst

3.05 - Tre’quan Smith

3.06 - Rosen

3.07 - A. Callaway

3.08 - M. Andrews

3.09 - M. Walton

3.10 - Malcolm Mitchell

3.11 - C. Artis-Payne

3.12 - D. Hamilton

Complete
Finished last night....

Here's an IDP to chew on.  There's 2 drafts to browse....   AFC and NFC. 

QBs score big with 5 pt TDs and points for completions, RB is 0.5 PPR, WR is PPR, TE is 1.5 PPR
The IDP side is more big play with sacks and INT/PD netting 5 pts.  DL solo is 1.8 pts, LB solo is 1.2 pts, DB solo is 1.4 pts

Inside the 20

St. Brown over Coutee and Gesicki. I can't even. 
I'll take E St Brown over Coutee.

ESB may have a longer road to playing time, but I don't think Coutee is tough enough or strong enough to make a meaningful impact in the NFL. The pick was either a reach, or mostly a special teams selection.

Yeah, this continues to shock me.   On the flip side, J'mon Moore is looking like a real value
Lets talk about Jmon moore....the kid had no hype.....went to a great spot...the Pack must have seen something in him....any Mizzou homers care to chime in? Some good combine numbers except for his 40.....but then again they took a shot gun approach to CB and WR this year... 

Coutee??? I dont see stbrown going in front of him as some colossal reach

I'll take E St Brown over Coutee.

ESB may have a longer road to playing time, but I don't think Coutee is tough enough or strong enough to make a meaningful impact in the NFL. The pick was either a reach, or mostly a special teams selection.
Interesting.  I like Coutee's speed, path to being Watson's slot guy long term, and the draft capital is significantly higher.  

This draft is my nightmare scenario for my dynasty league.  I have picks 4 and 9 and really only need RBs (rest of my team is strong at the other positions).

At 4 I'm hoping Guice or Jones falls.  If they don't I'll probably take Penny as his path to impact is shorter than Chubb, but I won't love it.  Then all 8 RBs gone in the first 8 picks... that's no gouda for me.

Fortunately most drafts don't look like this one, but this one is giving me chills of dread.

This draft is my nightmare scenario for my dynasty league.  I have picks 4 and 9 and really only need RBs (rest of my team is strong at the other positions).

At 4 I'm hoping Guice or Jones falls.  If they don't I'll probably take Penny as his path to impact is shorter than Chubb, but I won't love it.  Then all 8 RBs gone in the first 8 picks... that's no gouda for me.

Fortunately most drafts don't look like this one, but this one is giving me chills of dread.
Non-PPR, you can almost guarantee the first 8 picks will be RB. 

Spike said:
Non-PPR, you can almost guarantee the first 8 picks will be RB. 
Mine is graduated PPR.  .5 for RBs, 1 for WRs, 1.5 for TEs.  It's also start 5 of those, in any shape you choose.  Kinda weird, but the flexibility is nice.  Basically, start QB/Flex*5/K/D.  I have Zeke but the rest of runners are meh.  Was hoping to add 2 in the rookie draft, we'll see if it works out or not.  Draft won't be for another month or two.

12 Team PPR started this morning 

1. S. Barkley

2. D. Guice

3. D. Moore

4. N. Chubb

5. R. Penny

6. R. Jones

7. R. Freeman

8. C. Ridley

9. S. Michel

10. C. Sutton

11. A. Miller

12. C. Kirk

2.1. M. Gallup

2.2. K. Johnson

2.3. J. Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty solid draft.  Impressive restraint waiting on QBs.
So many trades... looking back I ended up doing 6 just during the draft alone. 

Yeah, I think the QBs were even less in demand than normal due to several QB trades leading up to the draft. Everyone felt pretty comfortable at QB so they were all luxury picks once the WRs went off the board. Sucked being a WR needy team with a load of mid and late 2nds, though!

I went in hoping to get Gallup, Anthony Miller, and Dante Pettis in the 2nd and had the 2.03, 2.05, 2.07, 2.08, and 2.10 to work with. Decided I didn't like how the end of the 2nd was likely to go, so I traded 2.05 and 2.10 for 1.10 to grab Ridley, then decided to accept a deal for 2.07 to get two 3rd's (3.07 and 3.11), figuring that Pettis was almost certain to still be there at 2.08 (mistakes were made). Once Pettis was gone, moved the 2.08 for 3.01 and 4.01. Ended up getting some good IDP players with those 3rd's, so I'm pretty happy with how things shook out overall. In retrospect, I should have gone Derwin James at 3.11 instead of DJ Chark, but my WR need convinced me.

12 team PPR, pretty standard rules

(My picks in bold)

1.01     Barkley, Saquon NYG RB (R)

1.02     Guice, Derrius WAS RB (R)

1.03     Chubb, Nick CLE RB (R)

1.04     Jones, Ronald TBB RB (R)

1.05     Penny, Rashaad SEA RB (R)

1.06     Michel, Sony NEP RB (R)

1.07     Freeman, Royce DEN RB (R)

1.08     Moore, D.J. CAR WR (R)

1.09     Ridley, Calvin ATL WR (R)

1.10     Johnson, Kerryon DET RB (R)

1.11     Sutton, Courtland DEN WR (R)

1.12     Kirk, Christian ARI WR (R)

1.13     Gallup, Michael DAL WR (R)

2.01     Washington, James PIT WR (R)

2.02     Miller, Anthony CHI WR (R)

2.03     Gesicki, Mike MIA TE (R)

2.04     St. Brown, Equanimeous GBP WR (R)

2.05     Rosen, Josh ARI QB (R)

2.06     Hines, Nyheim IND RB (R)

2.07     Pettis, Dante SFO WR (R)

2.08     Jackson, Lamar BAL QB (R)

2.09     Mayfield, Baker CLE QB (R)

2.10     Chark, D.J. JAC WR (R)

2.11     Ballage, Kalen MIA RB (R)

2.12     Goedert, Dallas PHI TE (R)

3.01     Darnold, Sam NYJ QB (R)

3.02     Callaway, Antonio CLE WR (R)

3.03     Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR (R)

3.04     Berrios, Braxton NEP WR (R)

3.05     Hamilton, DaeSean DEN WR (R)

3.06     Hurst, Hayden BAL TE (R)

3.07     Samuels, Jaylen PIT RB (R)

3.08     Kelly, John LAR RB (R)

3.09     Walton, Mark CIN RB (R)

3.10     Andrews, Mark BAL TE (R)

3.11     Cain, Deon IND WR (R)

3.12     Jackson, Justin LAC RB (R)

Why does  deon cain go before fountain??? same reason .. name recognition and perceived pedigree
That one confuses me even more.  Cain may have played for a name school, but he was just a piece of the puzzle.  That's going to change when the competition gets more difficult?  Roll the dice on the risky unknown rather than the known replacement level stock.

Draftniks like to think they're smarter than the professionals.
Some of them are. I mean AZ was devastated when they missed out on Ameer Abdullah and had to settle for ordinary David Johnson. Lolol NFL scouting departments are terrible. 

I mean what were they looking at? Did they even scout the players or just go with what they read on the internet from some journalist?

Users who are viewing this thread