What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worth trading two future firsts + Funchess for 1.02? (1 Viewer)

JMoz

Footballguy
I am looking to solidify the RB position as I am a bit leery on Crow as my number 2 behind Gurley. I am possibly losing my hold of the WAS RB situation and would be trading up for likely Guice. Is my 2019 1st, 2020 1st, + funchess for 1.02 a good deal? I'm not totally sold on Funchess but I have a lot in his range on my roster (Robby Anderson, Goodwin, Marvin Jones, Fitz for 2018). I came in 1st last year so my team's 2019 and 2020 should be bottom half of the draft spot. 

Will help if you leave a link-- Roster below

.5 REC, 10 yards per point

Goff, Jared LAR QB

Smith, Alex WAS QB

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Crowell, Isaiah NYJ RB

Gurley, Todd LAR RB

Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB

Perine, Samaje WAS RB

Richard, Jalen OAK RB

Allen, Keenan LAC WR

Allison, Geronimo GBP WR

Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

Conley, Chris KCC WR

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Funchess, Devin CAR WR

Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR

Jones, Marvin DET WR

Williams, Tyrell LAC WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Tucker, Justin BAL PK

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

I understand your points and usually I am all over to improve RB from WR depth.,But 1) I don't see depth at WR, 2) I think this is slightly more than I am willing to give up for 1.02 after NFL draft. Not a terrible trade, though 

No 2018 first? I don't really like this deal. I think it is an overpay to some extent but for me my biggest issue is I don't like the idea of trading away your first round pick for each of the next 2 years unless the player you are getting is an extremely special talent. I don't feel that way about Guice. I think Funchess plus your next 2 first round picks is just too much and I'm not sure I agree with paying that price to try to keep locking down the Redskins running game. I would probably prefer to check on the cost of something around pick 5 if you want a RB or I would also look at the cost of a decent older veteran RB over rolling the dice on another rookie if you feel you need depth.

No 2018 first? I don't really like this deal. I think it is an overpay to some extent but for me my biggest issue is I don't like the idea of trading away your first round pick for each of the next 2 years unless the player you are getting is an extremely special talent. I don't feel that way about Guice. I think Funchess plus your next 2 first round picks is just too much and I'm not sure I agree with paying that price to try to keep locking down the Redskins running game. I would probably prefer to check on the cost of something around pick 5 if you want a RB or I would also look at the cost of a decent older veteran RB over rolling the dice on another rookie if you feel you need depth.

THIS.

Like the Warhogs suggested aim for the 1.04 to 1.06 range and give up much less. You can still land Chubb, michel, penny, johnson, jones, or freeman depending on how your draft plays out. 

I am not a big fan of this deal for all the reasons stated already.  I would rather give up 1st round picks for known quantities and proven players or just use them myself.  Trading them to move up for a what if/might be seems like too much to me.  More darts gives you more chances to hit. 

Users who are viewing this thread