What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is your no.1 IDP ? (1 Viewer)

Who is your top IDP ?

• Tremaine Edmunds

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Roquan Smith

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Leighton Vander Esch

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Rashaan Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Derwin James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben & Jerry's

Footballguy
I think if Edmunds stays at MLB that he edges out Roquan Smith by a small margin. What do you think ?

Is Vander Esch, Evans or Derwin James in the conversation ?

Edmunds has the best chance to be full time and contribute right away. With 3 starting OLine players gone, he could see quite a bit of time on the field if that offense can't maintain drives. He'd be my top target just on landing spot. 

Smith's draft stock says immediate role but with Trevathon and Kwiatkowski there it's possible he sees a bit more rotation than you'd like from a top IDP selection, at least initially. 

Vander Esch is the guy that will probably be the "consolation prize" if you can't get either of the other 2 and you'll be glad to have him. I like that the Cowboys O is run-based and very good, which should make for more grind-it-out games that provide plenty of tackle opportunities. 

Smith, but my judgment as a Bears honk may be figuring in there.  I love Edmunds too though.  He probably has more immediate impacts.  Maybe a 1a / 1b type of thing.

Here's a good video on Roquan Smith. 

Brett Kollman makes great videos on YouTube.  He points out that Roquan needs to be clean and not take on blockers.  Good news is he went to a 3-4 defense in Chicago.  I think a 3-4 will suit him better.  He's like a Shazier to me, crazy athletic

Edmunds and Smith could be 1A and 1B, but I think Evans will be in the conversation as well, Woodyard put up damn good numbers last year and at this point I don’t think he’s near the athletic beast Evans is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimately, I'm looking at Evans as the best value of the bunch. Current ADP on MFL has Smith at 15, Edmunds at 18, Vander Esch at 29, and Evans at 33. As long as Evans does play as ILB (listed at such on Roto) he's got a shot at being the top rookie LB and you can get him after you've selected that premium offensive position first (or selected one of the other LBs earlier, which would be solid, too).

Evans, and not even based on value.  I'd take him over the other LB's straight up.  The fact I'm getting him 6-10 picks later is just gravy.

The more I look at the players and the spots and Buffalo has confirmed Edmunds will be the MLB, if all other things are equal (no injuries and such) I personally will be shocked if Edmunds doesn’t outscore Smith. His situation is better and surrounding players are much worse. Smith may be the better player now, but that hardly means better FF player. I think either way you go your gonna have a great FF player for a long time. 

The more I look at the players and the spots and Buffalo has confirmed Edmunds will be the MLB, if all other things are equal (no injuries and such) I personally will be shocked if Edmunds doesn’t outscore Smith. His situation is better and surrounding players are much worse. Smith may be the better player now, but that hardly means better FF player. I think either way you go your gonna have a great FF player for a long time. 
I have long term concerns about Edmonds situation.  Given his...umm..."competition" a lot is being expected of someone that needs development and currently comes with quite a bit of projection.  I expect more bodies to be added to the stable next year and while it could be ones that are good for the Bills they very well could be ones that neutralize Edmonds.  How much?  Great question.  But because of that I'm keeping Roquan prioritized - even though I don't expect as strong of 18 numbers.

Evans, and not even based on value.  I'd take him over the other LB's straight up.  The fact I'm getting him 6-10 picks later is just gravy.
Hankmoody, I like reading your posts, I have a lot of respect for you and your posts.

In my research, I read some place that Rashaan Evans is a liability in pass coverage.  How would you rate his pass coverage ability?

Hankmoody, I like reading your posts, I have a lot of respect for you and your posts.

In my research, I read some place that Rashaan Evans is a liability in pass coverage.  How would you rate his pass coverage ability?
I'm not concerned at all.  I haven't seen him a ton but he looks fine, and no source I have seen has questioned his coverage.  Mayock called it a strength, and I do take what he says about football skills as gospel - he knows the game.

Users who are viewing this thread