Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
cloppbeast

Dante Pettis WR San Francisco 49ers

On 4/13/2019 at 2:26 AM, dipandglide said:

Why is Pettis not being discussed more? The guy was a wr1 with a backup qb the last 3-4 games he played at the end of the season unless I’m misremembering. SF has done little in the way of adding competition. It’s looking more and more like he’s the guy to own in that offense and he’s still goin for late 1st’s. Am I missing something?

People still stuck on the ancient notion of a prototype WR1 designed player being required to be a team's WR1.

1 minute ago, King of the Jungle said:

Both potentially behind Kittle....

Yeah, I was only talking about the wr position.

6 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Is he worth a second?

The Flanker position does the best in this offense, and Deebo is said to have the early track to that spot. I would probably trade a mid to low 2019 2nd for him, as I don't really like anyone past the mid 2nd. I would not trade a 2020 2nd for him, but then again I wouldn't go for him at all personally

4 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

The Flanker position does the best in this offense, and Deebo is said to have the early track to that spot. I would probably trade a mid to low 2019 2nd for him, as I don't really like anyone past the mid 2nd. I would not trade a 2020 2nd for him, but then again I wouldn't go for him at all personally

Day 2 rookies always have the inside track to a starting spot in May, because media gonna media. If I had a dollar for every time I read that a Day 2 rook was going to take a veteran's job, I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow.

I'd trade a 2020 2nd for Pettis in five seconds and feel good doing it.

• Like 1

Pettis for a 2nd in any year seems like good business. Tevon Coleman and Deebo give that offense some balance and Mullins is a nice insurance policy on Jimmy.

Edited by Ben & Jerry's

I agree with those that find Pettis well worth a 2nd and will be trying to take advantage of those owners that are nervous because of the investments SF made in the draft at that position. IMO he is still the top talent on their depth chart and has a year under his belt which gives him further advantage. Buy low.

8 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Day 2 rookies always have the inside track to a starting spot in May, because media gonna media. If I had a dollar for every time I read that a Day 2 rook was going to take a veteran's job, I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow.

I'd trade a 2020 2nd for Pettis in five seconds and feel good doing it.

But Pettis isn't a flanker... he is expected to push Goodwin out this year as the starting Split End.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

But Pettis isn't a flanker... he is expected to push Goodwin out this year as the starting Split End.

Do you not think this offense is capable of supporting fantasy starters at both the X and Z? Honest question.

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Do you not think this offense is capable of supporting fantasy starters at both the X and Z? Honest question.

I dont know. I haven't seen it run with Jimmy G enough to make that determination. I do think Kittle sees a drop in his production/targets because it's my opinion he was the only offensive weapon last year worth a damn so they leaned on him. Pettis has another year now and they have some good rookie wrs. I am not sure any of us know how this offense will run. Coleman's there. Hurd and Deebo. JimmyG

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

But Pettis isn't a flanker.

I'm not sure Shanahan agrees. I remember some quote from him (possible coach speak, so take with a grain of salt) about Pettis being able to play every WR position.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 8:35 AM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Not to mention a stud te....

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Not to mention a stud te....

As a 49er fan, I'm excited about this WR group from a team standpoint.  In fantasy, not so much.  RBs will be much more involved in the passing game this year as well, with McKinnon back and adding Coleman.  Just more mouths to feed.  

Still like Kittle for fantasy.  Will be hard to duplicate the yardage, but think he adds 4-5 TDs this year.  Offense will have a lot more red zone opportunities.

10 hours ago, The Man With No Name said:

The strengths and weaknesses of Dante Pettis

( 36 minute video breakdown)

Good video. Watched a lot of Pettis last season. Was generally impressed. Outside Moore I thought he was the best looking rookie receiver. Agree with what this guy saw. Gets separation at will and a lot of it. Runs good routes. More quick than fast. Can be manhandled. Very much a finesse guy. Skill set is there to be a very good WR if he can remain healthy.