What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Iran - Democracy Movement, The Nuke Deal & The Future (1 Viewer)

Make sure to let Sho know. I’m one of many he has on ignore to help him stay in his safe place. He’s delicate.
He wasn't looking to be provided with a link to an event that hasn't occured yet. If he asks for it, I got him, otherwise it's only you that seems really interested.

“In order to get [re]elected, @BarcakObama will start a war with Iran -

Tump's Twitter; 2011

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate. - 

Trump's Twitter; 2012

Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

Trump's Twitter; 2012

I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face! -

Trump's Twitter; 2013

Remember what I previously said--Obama will someday attack Iran in order to show how tough he is.

Trump's Twitter; 2013

Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled!

Is anyone worried that he thinks this is the way to look tough, get re-elected, or would be a result of inability to negotiate? Anyone think the Iran threat is just an excuse to sell weapons to the saudis, along with nuclear technology? Anyone concerned about the “millions and millions” trump says the saudis have paid him? Is anybody paying attention?

Is anyone worried that he thinks this is the way to look tough, get re-elected, or would be a result of inability to negotiate? Anyone think the Iran threat is just an excuse to sell weapons to the saudis, along with nuclear technology? Anyone concerned about the “millions and millions” trump says the saudis have paid him? Is anybody paying attention?
It’s like the us govt is really just cover for a clandestine military op that never ends, regardless of who the president is or what they believed before.  Trump was elected because he espoused views that were critical of the foreign policy establishment.

I’m more concerned about the President‘s insidious tied to Sheldon Adelson, Netanyahu, the hardcore Israeli right wing, and people’s unwillingness to call it out for what it is.  But muh putin 

It’s like the us govt is really just cover for a clandestine military op that never ends, regardless of who the president is or what they believed before.  Trump was elected because he espoused views that were critical of the foreign policy establishment.

I’m more concerned about the President‘s insidious tied to Sheldon Adelson, Netanyahu, the hardcore Israeli right wing, and people’s unwillingness to call it out for what it is.  But muh putin 
He has lots of ties that we should be concerned about, including Putin, but I’ll set that argument aside. 

He has lots of ties that we should be concerned about, including Putin, but I’ll set that argument aside. 
We should be concerned about every strongman authoritarian he pays lipservice to.  But not the fact that he wanted peace with Russia.  It was one of the few actual good things about a Trump presidency.  All pissed away on a garbage conspiracy theory.  

Putin is a concern as well.  And anyone who calls out anything to do with Israel is immediately labeled an anti Semite.

We should be concerned about every strongman authoritarian he pays lipservice to.  But not the fact that he wanted peace with Russia.  It was one of the few actual good things about a Trump presidency.  All pissed away on a garbage conspiracy theory.  
Wanting peace with Russia? DJT doesn't give a rats patootie about peace with Russia. He wanted/still wants a hotel tower built there with his damn name on it. Period. It's the one and only reason he is bending over backwards to appease Putin.

And no, not a garbage conspiracy theory but hey, you wouldn't know that because you haven't read the Mueller Report yet have you.

Wanting peace with Russia? DJT doesn't give a rats patootie about peace with Russia. He wanted/still wants a hotel tower built there with his damn name on it. Period. It's the one and only reason he is bending over backwards to appease Putin.

And no, not a garbage conspiracy theory but hey, you wouldn't know that because you haven't read the Mueller Report yet have you.
And nobody is saying peace with Russia is a bad thing.  It’s what he has done to appease Putin and lie about everything within russia that people have criticized.  

We should be concerned about every strongman authoritarian he pays lipservice to.  But not the fact that he wanted peace with Russia.  It was one of the few actual good things about a Trump presidency.
Someone who hires John Bolton as NSA and a Boeing lobbyist as SOD doesn’t want peace, he may not even understand the concept.

Trump has increased risk of major conflict in several places, Ukraine, Balkans, Venezuela, Israel, Syria, Iran, China and Korea. I do sincerely hope we glide through this period unscathed.

Smh. Occasionally you hear how obama talked to some people, or played golf with someone famous, or see a picture or something. 

I really hope Trump does get locked up whenever he gets out of office, otherwise we are going to hear him every day criticize whoever is president, watch him use the status to further his brand, and dump the norms of living a quiet life out of the spotlight after being president. He will continue to screw things up in any way he can. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of surprised nobody has bumped this. Currently the administration is claiming Iran attacked two oil tankers. 

And...

Early this morning [2:42AM ET], GOP Rep.

@mattgaetz

and Dem. Rep.

@ElissaSlotkin

said that in private presentation, the Trump admin, specifically Sec. Pompeo, argued how, in Ms. Slotkin's words, "the 2001 AUMF might authorize war on #Iran." Chilling. (link: https://www.c-span.org/video/?461583-8/house-armed-services-committee-marks-defense-authorization-act) c-span.org/video/?461583-…

https://twitter.com/benjaminja/status/1139165395435294721?s=20
The last thing we need is another ME war.

Are The Troops such brainwashed idiots that they're willing to start up another bloodbath for these neocon ghouls?  Just follow orders and massacre innocent people in a country that has done literally nothing to us because Israel/Trump/Bolton says so?  Anyone that contributes a hand to this should be shamed for the rest of their lives.  This is an outrage.  

People who blindly revere the military as if it's incapable of doing the same heinous #### we condemn from other countries, no matter how many times they did it or how many decades they've done it for, are culpable for this.  
There’s a reason the military recruits kids at 17-18.  It’s not because they’re great at thinking for themselves.

It’s not because they’re at peak physical performance. There’s a reason you need to wait to get into the NFL. 

It’s because they’re malleable. 

There’s a reason the military recruits kids at 17-18.  It’s not because they’re great at thinking for themselves.

It’s not because they’re at peak physical performance. There’s a reason you need to wait to get into the NFL. 

:confused:

It’s because they are in a time of transition and looking for career options.

The problem with the current US government is it's impossible to objectively evaluate the situation. All the constant lying and politicizing of everything right down to inauguration photos just makes it impossible. The SOD is a Boeing lobbyist who hasn't even been nominated much less confirmed for his position. It's absurd. 

It's true there have been 6 or so tanker and oil/gas site incidents in the last 2 months or so, but there is zero incentive for Iran or even Iranian elements to be doing this. Hormuz is a bottleneck, it's not just now it's been true for centuries, if shipping stops for one it stops for all. It's a lose lose lose to start #### there except for someone who really wants to destroy the whole situation for everybody.

:confused:

It’s because they are in a time of transition and looking for career options.
Last time I checked the majority of recruits do not enlist immediately after high school.  Yet this is where the armed forces spends the overwhelming majority of its recruitment budget. In fact, the Army has specifically stated that it wants to start recruiting 12 year olds to join when they’re 17-18  

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/03/27/most-american-youth-first-meet-a-recruiter-at-17-but-the-army-wants-to-start-younger/

That’s in part because young minds are malleable.

That’s also part of why the UK starts training some kids at 16. The ability to establish obedience.  

You’d think it’d lose its prestige when the wars got to be older than the kids joining them.  

You’d think it’d lose its prestige when the wars got to be older than the kids joining them.  
Why? Then it’s all they’ve ever known. 

Edit: they actually have always been at war with Eastasia. 

I joined the military when I was 17.

Best decision of my life...even better is that I did it all by myself.

Just In; A US drone tracked Iranian boats closing in on the 2 tankers prior to attack Thurs. Iran spotted the MQ-9 & launched a SAM missile but missed. Missile fell into sea Days earlier a Reaper shot down in Red Sea by Iranian backed Houthis. None of this been announced.

2:20 PM · Jun 14, 2019 · Twitter Web Client

:popcorn:  Seems like the U.S. is beginning to make it's case for war.
Maybe the US fired on the tankers from a drone - and then blamed the Iranians...Ship captain says they saw something in the air before the explosion...

:tinfoilhat:

Maybe the US fired on the tankers from a drone - and then blamed the Iranis...Ship captain says they saw something in the air before the explosion...

:tinfoilhat:
I’m not sold on the Iranians doing any of this. And one just can’t believe the administration these days. So good f’n luck persuading any allies to join us in trying to start a war. 

I’m not sold on the Iranians doing any of this. And one just can’t believe the administration these days. So good f’n luck persuading any allies to join us in trying to start a war. 
That makes sense. The Iranians have more to lose than say the Saudis. But the Brits are saying that no other state actor or non state actor could be responsible: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-attacks-britain/britain-blames-iran-for-attacks-on-tankers-in-gulf-of-oman-idUSKCN1TF2E7

What is appropriate is a new set of rules — with swift consequences if Iran chooses to break them. The Trump administration ought to declare new rules of engagement to allow the Navy to engage and destroy Iranian ships or fast boats that harass or threaten any ship, military or commercial, operating in international waters. If Tehran fails to comply, the U.S. should threaten to sink any Iranian naval ship that leaves port.

If after that Iran still fails to comply, we would be right to sink its navy, in port or at sea. The world cannot tolerate freelance Somali pirates. Much less should it tolerate a pirate state seeking to hold the global economy hostage through multiplying acts of economic terrorism.

Nobody wants a war with Iran. But not wanting a war does not mean remaining supine in the face of its outrages. We sank Iran’s navy before. Tehran should be put on notice that we are prepared and able to do it again.

Bloodthirsty clown Bret Stephens, which the NYT pays money to write articles

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1139244266188922886

Extremely transparent bull####, imagine if the Trump admin was competent at this how much worse it could be

Pompeo’s been pushing regime change in Iran for decades, the Trump state dept has quite literally handed its Iran policy over to Sheldon Adelson-funded FDD, who believes a word any of these foaming weirdos say? At least Bush had the decency to launder this #### thru the NYT.

amazing how CNN treats everything the Trump admin says w/ skepticism & derision until it starts leaking transparent bull#### to justify war then suddenly it’s “US official says” without an ounce of incredulity. Again, the media loves Trump the most when he’s bombing & sanctioning

America is really starting to lose its fastball. We can't even gin up a fake bull#### war in a half-convincing manner anymore. Kissinger's gotta be rolling over in his grave.

(I know, I know, but look at the guy. Might as well be in the ground)

America is really starting to lose its fastball. We can't even gin up a fake bull#### war in a half-convincing manner anymore. Kissinger's gotta be rolling over in his grave.

(I know, I know, but look at the guy. Might as well be in the ground)
He may sleep in a coffin , on the soil of his homeland. Many people are saying, believe me

There’s very little that I trust about President Trump but one of the few things is this: he does not want any new wars, and despite some of the hawks in his administration he’s not going to get us into war. I hope I’m right. 

There’s very little that I trust about President Trump but one of the few things is this: he does not want any new wars, and despite some of the hawks in his administration he’s not going to get us into war. I hope I’m right. 
Your eternal optimism - even with this administration - always amazes and impresses.

ETA: I have to disagree with you, though. If Trump can find a way to make money off it or get people to say nice things about him, he will be for any war against any enemy - real or contrived.

Your eternal optimism - even with this administration - always amazes and impresses.

ETA: I have to disagree with you, though. If Trump can find a way to make money off it or get people to say nice things about him, he will be for any war against any enemy - real or contrived.
It’s not necessarily optimism- I think Trump is essentially a coward. I get the feeling that if Pearl Harbor were attacked, he’d hesitate before declaring war and still try to make a deal. 

His cowardice works for us this time, hopefully. But it’s not an admirable trait. 

He’s easily manipulated, he’s surrounded by hawks and yes men, he contorts his own intelligence, doesn’t understand most of it, and he’s been feeding the KSA conflicts in Qatar & Yemen. He’s creating conditions that increase risk which could cause conflict involving the US. Even when he appears to be withdrawing from conflict - Syria (ignore his reasons for now) - it increases risk of conflict as KSA rushes in and Iran expands. We’re basically riding on luck.

Users who are viewing this thread