What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bramel combined board and Bloom 100 are up (2 Viewers)

Bramel has ....

•  Lauletta / NYG
  •           
  •  Rudolph / PIT
WIth this added nugget: I'm more likely to target Kyle Lauletta at his anticipated late-round ADP than Josh Allen. I've learned to listen carefully when Matt Waldman questions a young quarterback's pocket awareness -- as he does with Allen.

Interesting. :stirspot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom puts a 100-catch possibility on Christian Kirk. 

With that lofty praise, going to rocket him up my catch-heavy league into the top slot. Bypassing every other receiver.

I respect Bloom's opinion, but the dude had a terrible 7.09 3-cone drill, and a 27th percentile SPARQ score.  How is Kirk going to shake and bake any NFL slot cover corner in the NFL, to the point where he even sniffs 100 catches?  This guy is fool's gold and I'm not touching him anywhere close to where I would have to draft him to snag him.  I'll let someone else bust out with this guy.
Jarvis Landry had a 7.55-second 3-cone and an even worse SPARQ.

Don't know but it's worthless if he waits much longer.  Well, not completely, but loses a lot of its luster with all the leagues drafting right after the NFL draft.

Uh, the draft was just last weekend, it takes a bit of time to create I'm sure and the guy has job in addition to creating content here.
We all understand this, but there is a good amount of dynasty leagues that start their rookie drafts within 10 days of the NFL draft completing.  All 6 of my dynasty leagues start drafting Monday and I know of several other leagues also starting that day.  Dynasty advise sites should be burning the midnight oil to get out as much content as possible right now.  If we are to subscribe to the service, then information should be available at those crunch times.  Understand being patient is needed sometimes but Bottom is correct, late information is worthless.

why the need to start rookie drafts so soon? We start ours in July (slow draft) and have plenty of time to finish.

Update as of 5 hours ago.

Jene Bramel
‏@JeneBramel
Apologies. Still working on the combined draft board. Needed to work in an article on Doug Baldwin earlier this week. Should be this weekend but I’ll work to finish sooner.

why the need to start rookie drafts so soon? We start ours in July (slow draft) and have plenty of time to finish.
I have one starting Wednesday then another starting the following Monday. I love that they start early and begin to stack FF activity from May then into camps. It's not so much a "need to" but it's nice to extend the season. I feel like it's an advantage for those that follow closely all year to have earlier access to drafts, waivers, and trading. 

Kind of silly that Doug Baldwin would take precedence over draft work, though, even if it is very early for those that rely on premium content for drafts. 

Odd prioritization considering clients and potential clients.  The combined board is great information for drafters, and many of those in IDP dynasty leagues have had theirs ongoing for the better part of a week now.  Instead priority is put on an article about Baldwin’s injury status which figures to affect almost no one immediately given that speculation about his career ending has been out there for a little bit now.

JoeSteeler said:

Because drafting now instead of waiting for OTAs and TC to provide additional information is just a little closer to making the experience more equivalent to the NFL draft.  Drafting like you do would be the same as letting NFL teams work out their picks in their schemes for a few weeks and then throwing them all back into the pot and rerunning the NFL draft in July.

I don’t knock how you guys draft and understand why you do it - your owners want more surety before they draft.  What I don’t understand is why others don’t understand why leagues do draft right now.

Rookie drafts in IDP dynasty are a big deal. We subscribe to this site, in part, to help us navigate this process. The combined rookie draft board is a key resource. If we're not going to get this before our rookie drafts are over, then I think we need to question whether or not this is where we want to spend our dollars.

Thank God for Bloom or we wouldn't have anything.

Unfortunate but consider me not surprised at all.  All three rookie drafts are finished, just been checking in to see where my picks stack up on his board.

I mentioned the combined draft board in a Shark Pool thread.  Joe said “almost ready.”

ETA: Jene told Joe ready tomorrow.

Rookie drafts in IDP dynasty are a big deal. We subscribe to this site, in part, to help us navigate this process. The combined rookie draft board is a key resource. If we're not going to get this before our rookie drafts are over, then I think we need to question whether or not this is where we want to spend our dollars.

Thank God for Bloom or we wouldn't have anything.
someone correct me if i'm wrong here, but offseason content, including the bloom 100 and combined board, is free as long as you've created a profile and are logged in.

also, if your concern is having this information to use during your draft, it would seem that moving the start date of your draft back one or two weeks might easily fix this issue. 

someone correct me if i'm wrong here, but offseason content, including the bloom 100 and combined board, is free as long as you've created a profile and are logged in.

also, if your concern is having this information to use during your draft, it would seem that moving the start date of your draft back one or two weeks might easily fix this issue. 
Yes free but I clicked the above link to get there, last I looked I couldn’t figure where it was navigation wise from the home page

Yes free but I clicked the above link to get there, last I looked I couldn’t figure where it was navigation wise from the home page
if you go to the search players and features (top right of this page) and type "Bramel" it will bring up his articles

can also go to articles-->all articles and it is listed at the top

We like to do ours before content starts streaming out.  Owner's have to draft based on their own work and not others nor being able to follow ADP.  We start the Sunday after the draft and are usually done by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yes, thanks for the link. I kept looking on the home page thinking it would be under "The Latest" or listed in the big frame of articles on the right, but no such luck.

With so few articles on the site at the moment I'm blown away that they haven't linked this nor promoted it properly. Shows how much they care about IDP and dynasty.

Yep... follow the money, that's where the coverage will go.

Honestly, I'm glad the IDP coverage is pretty scarce and/or buried behind paywalls. IDP seems like the last vestige of DIY FF. It's really the only format that doesn't have massive quantities of free content to bring the least informed quickly up to speed with those that follow all year.

a lot of that may do with how IDP isn't nearly as straightforward regarding scoring and value as it is with offensive players.  it's a much more nuanced aspect of fantasy football.  not for the drive by fantasy players, and drive by fantasy players are the ones driving the market and the clickbait.

Bumping this as we near the 2020 draft boards. I typically like to use the Bramel board as a guide for my idp drafts and this thread actual has a link back to 2018 & 2019.

Here's one I put together just to kill time until the "actual" board is released.  Some flatter tiers so still a work in progress.  Just something to kill some corona-time.

- Similar caveats to Jene's except I deduct more for injury and less for potential vs proven (less risk).  Aggregate sources of PFF, Waldman's analysis, Great Blue North Draft Report, FBG Shark Tank, my own observations.

All thoughts welcome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwgzC1aaIaxiXbL_LDSK8b1yVzQo3Fbogm8RuEzMP3w/edit?usp=sharing

Are we sure Delpit is going to be a good fantasy DB though?  I’m wary of rookie safeties making much impact, as the NFL tends to be moving them into hybrid slot-corner roles too much, and using older vets for in-the-box work.

lsutigers could also just be reflecting the positional devaluation of DBs in general relative to other positions.

Thanks for putting in this work, Tigers. Good board. I'm always happy to glean more takes this time of year. RE Delpit: I see him as deep and slot - not much of an IDP asset. Did you contemplate S Jeremy Chinn of Southern Illinois? 6'-3" 22o lbs. 

Thanks again!

Here's one I put together just to kill time until the "actual" board is released.  Some flatter tiers so still a work in progress.  Just something to kill some corona-time.

- Similar caveats to Jene's except I deduct more for injury and less for potential vs proven (less risk).  Aggregate sources of PFF, Waldman's analysis, Great Blue North Draft Report, FBG Shark Tank, my own observations.

All thoughts welcome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwgzC1aaIaxiXbL_LDSK8b1yVzQo3Fbogm8RuEzMP3w/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks for doing your part to flatten the curve...…..

Man, even with Chase Young's reputation, I just can't see him going in the first in this draft year.

I see the top pass rusher going in most of my drafts late first or early second every year. Pretty much the same with the top S.
Makes those mid second round picks great value for people like me who stay away.

Tick said:
Man, even with Chase Young's reputation, I just can't see him going in the first in this draft year.
I took Bosa at 1.10 last year but our scoring is balanced so positions are fairly equal.  I took Daniel Jones at 1.06 (Super Flex) in the same draft.

Are we sure Delpit is going to be a good fantasy DB though?  I’m wary of rookie safeties making much impact, as the NFL tends to be moving them into hybrid slot-corner roles too much, and using older vets for in-the-box work.

lsutigers could also just be reflecting the positional devaluation of DBs in general relative to other positions.
I am not a Delpit fan, especially in our game. Is it possible his lack of willingness to tackle last year was to preserve his draft stock? Sure. It's also possible he's just soft - and there's no way for us to know until sometime after games start to be played.

Tick said:
I think it depends on leeg format. He will end up towards the end of round 1 on my bored in one and will probably be my target at 1.12. In another in which RB/WR are more valuable and against competition that tend to go after QB earlier than most I won't consider him unless he falls to my 2.7. And even then I still may lean offense.

I think it depends on leeg format. He will end up towards the end of round 1 on my bored in one and will probably be my target at 1.12. In another in which RB/WR are more valuable and against competition that tend to go after QB earlier than most I won't consider him unless he falls to my 2.7. And even then I still may lean offense.
Yeah, in my balanced scoring IDP leagues these primo DE’s typically go late round 1. Top DE’s are scarce and the potential justifies the risk. I took Nick Bosa later in round one last year in one of my leagues(forget where I picked, think it was 1.14) and totally happy with the pick. I’m pretty sure Young will go anywhere 12-16 this year.

I think whether or not a guy should draft Young in the last first depends on risk tolerance. Last year, Bosa went in the vicinity of AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Parris Campbell, and JJ Arcega-Whiteside. WR in the late first is boom/bust. Bosa had a high likelihood of hitting.

Thanks guys.  Yes, just something else to throw out there and discuss.  I've updated it based on your comments and more research aggregation.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwgzC1aaIaxiXbL_LDSK8b1yVzQo3Fbogm8RuEzMP3w/edit#gid=0

- I'm more heavily biased towards LSU players (see: lsutigers), but do agree that Delpit seems like more of a centerfielder in a Cover 1 type role.  May have some incredible single games but a lot of duds.

- TE's a mess this year and I think will be even more situation dependent than usual.  Not a huge fan of Okwuegbunam but he's definitely got more upside than most

- Thanks for that on Chinn.  Total miss on my part.

Tick said:
Tom Kisligbury on Twitter put up a Bramel-style combined board.

https://twitter.com/tomkislingbury/status/1254078845017350144?s=21
Ruggs sped by him so fast he listed him twice in Tier One. Now that's some #### right there.

Good list. Will use along with Bloom's combined as cheat sheet.

eta* I just saw your avatar comment about the same thing in the Twitter feed. That you, Tick? Naw, thanks for posting. 

Rough draft - assume DT required:

Round 2 Chase Young/Isaiah Simmons/Patrick Queen

Round 3 Logan Wilson/Willie Gay/Malik Harrison/KJ Murray/Jordyn Brooks/Jacob Phillips

Round 4 Zack Baun/K'lavon Chaisson/Jeremy Chinn/Grant Delpit/Antoine Winfield/Javon Kinlaw

Round 5 Troy Dye/Akeem Davis-Gaither/Brandon Jones/Xavier McKinney/Yetor Gross-Matos/AJ Epenesa/Derrick Brown

Round 6+ Ashtyn Davis/Kyle Dugger/Kamal Martin/Tanner Muse/Davion Taylor

Users who are viewing this thread