What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 SSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Guess you guys didn't want to tangle with the 2017 SSL1 Champ? First time I've ever won something and been demoted. Oh, well...

Guess you guys didn't want to tangle with the 2017 SSL1 Champ? First time I've ever won something and been demoted. Oh, well...
Came in to say my mother passed away last night so I'm gonna have to bow out this go-around.

@BassNBrew - I'll change my franchise name over to Nittany and he can jump in for me if that's OK.

whateves, coming in 2nd deserves a spot in SSL1.  Not when Bass decides to start a thread.   
Sorry dude.  FF is a dying sport.  Just not enough interest to run 4 leagues anymore.  Used to have people beating down the downs to participate.  

The last couple of years I had to PM 50 people just to get 3 leagues up and running.  I didn't have the time to do it this year.  I guess the ladder advancement concept is gone in favor of first come, first serve signups.

That said, I will PM people to get a second league filled so you will get to participate.

Fro can have my slot in SSL1......i didn't deserve it coming out of SSL3 last year.....go get it FRO!!

DeAndre Hopkins was my pick at 1.08.......smack dab in the middle of each round. GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fullback Fro see above post offering 8th pick.

I guess I do not understand variance in multiple drafts, Started 16th here as in PDSL and start again with Michael Thomas and Julio Jones. I had decided to take one of them with either Kelce or Gronkowski, but did not have that opportunity.

I'm going to bow out and assume Fro takes my slot. Also, I'm  not going to be available today and did not set up a pre-draft list for round 2. Good luck guys. 

This is Ruffrody.

Despite them both having Week 9 Bye, I couldn't pass up opening 4nette/AJG, when Green was there at 2.06. I'll take my chances...

@Fullback Fro is now OTC....I put him in for Ruffrody....I also pm'd Fro.....he can go in as commish with password above and get logged in....

Fro if you show up and have trouble....post your pick here and we can pick for you to keep the draft moving until you get connected

@Fullback Fro is now OTC....I put him in for Ruffrody....I also pm'd Fro.....he can go in as commish with password above and get logged in....

Fro if you show up and have trouble....post your pick here and we can pick for you to keep the draft moving until you get connected
So for the second draft in a row, fro and I get to pick back to back. Not that it really matters but he keeps taking my players! :boxing:

Can someone take Devantae Freeman for me.  Will link franchise later. 

Thanks

Thanks
Sure enough, the one player I had preselected. (Actually I don't remember if I actually preselected on the site or just in my head).

Oh well, Antonio brown and Greg Olsen is a solid enough start.

• 4.1 QB2 Russell Wilson Sea (7)
  • 1.16 WR4 Julio Jones ATL (8)
  • 2.1 WR5 Michael Thomas (6)
  • 3.16 WR18 Allen Robinson (5)
Y'all took all the running backs and tight ends that I like this high and the two guys I took at the turn in PDSL went at 3.8 Guice and 3.11 D. Walker.

I'll try a new strategy and dominate WR and see what happens. In PDSL a boatload of quarterbacks were taken before my picks at the 5/6 turn so I wanted at least one top tier QB in this draft. 

Fro can have my slot in SSL1......i didn't deserve it coming out of SSL3 last year.....go get it FRO!!

DeAndre Hopkins was my pick at 1.08.......smack dab in the middle of each round. GO FOR IT!!!!!!
BTW - Thanks man.  I appreciate it.  But I would never take a spot at someone's expense.  Just wish I would of checked in sooner.

-OZ- said:
Sure enough, the one player I had preselected. (Actually I don't remember if I actually preselected on the site or just in my head).

Oh well, Antonio brown and Greg Olsen is a solid enough start.
sorry bro - its def going to happen both ways

Is it me, or are RBs going a tad faster than usual (or are there less settled situation even compared to last season)?  I feel like there is a ton of WR and QB value out there, and little left in anything you could call dependable with the RBs.

Is it me, or are RBs going a tad faster than usual (or are there less settled situation even compared to last season)?  I feel like there is a ton of WR and QB value out there, and little left in anything you could call dependable with the RBs.
Isn't that like most years?

can only speak for Ref...but 10 RB went in the first 13 picks....leaving the meat on the bone at WR and the top TE's (in this format) for the guys at the other end...so they started going....so that when it got back down to where I was again, the value seemed to swing back towards the RB's as the top WR/TE had been picked through and the remaining WR's seemed pretty similar...I really had no intention of going RB/RB to start and not sure its a great strategy....but it felt like the value/BPA swung that way....honestly I was tempted to take another one at the beginning of the third because I thought the value was still there.....but RB/RB/RB would probably be a death sentence in this format...

eta:...I think FF in general has crept back in some ways to the stud RB theory after a brief stint at getting WR's/zero RB strategies....some impressive years by RB's last year and that was without a guy like DJ playing.... 

also I think things like OBJ getting hurt and down years by guys like Mike Evans, etc who people invested in with high picks last year, has some people a little gun shy about the volatility of some of the WR's and top RB's maybe seem a little safer early in drafts....

A quick review of the SSLs that I have participated in over the past three seasons clearly shows this draft is much heavier on RBs, especially early, heavier on TEs and lighter on QBs and WRs than the others.

2016 SSL- reviews of first three rounds

• QBs 0 / 1 / 2 total 3
  • RBs 7 / 3 / 5 total 15
  • WRs 8 / 11 / 5 total 24
  • TEs 1 / 1 / 4 total 6 
2017 two SSLs - averages of first three rounds

• QBs 0 / 2 / 2 total 4
  • RBs 6.5 / 6 / 3 total 15.5
  • WRs 8.5 / 5 / 8.5 total 22
  • TEs 1 / 3 / 2.5 total 6.5 
Current 2018 SSL- reviews of first three rounds

• QBs 0 / 0 / 1 total 1
  • RBs 10 / 5 / 5 total 20
  • WRs 4 / 7 / 8 total 19
  • TEs 2 / 4 / 2 total 8 

so I officially hate my draft spot....Shadowfax snags Hill one pick ahead in the second....was going to go early on QB and take Rodgers in the third....nope Bass snags him right before me....and then was going to take Watson and Shadowfax snipes me again....

Nice turn duckboy...miller with a full season of Watson should be nasty...i was gonna take him but he shares a bye w dalvin cook....

Bass......not sure about that doyle pick

Nah. Coming off. Torn achilles is a death blow to rbs
I could be wrong for sure...but what little I saw of Miller last year wasn't that great....I think the team was ready to pass the torch before Foreman got hurt.....to me Miller seems to have hit the wall and there is chance he gets cut after June as he is scheduled for $14 million over the next two years and HOU can save 5.25 mil cutting him in June...and quite honestly I have always liked Alfred Blue's game and he has played pretty well at times/better than Miller....I guess thats a long round about way of me saying MIller is kind of on my avoid list and definitely not something I would look at at the 4-5 turn....I am actually kind of surprised HOU didn't take a dart throw at RB in the draft with Miller struggling and most of the other RB's on the roster dinged up in some way...

Well due to the watson trade they didnt have many picks...alfred blues game?  If donta was healthy id agree but that injury pretty much saps a rb of all his cutting ability

Nice turn duckboy...miller with a full season of Watson should be nasty...i was gonna take him but he shares a bye w dalvin cook....

Bass......not sure about that doyle pick
Agreed on Watson. I went Wentz instead largely due to risk aversion (I think a sophomore slump by Watson is more of a risk than Wentz's injury) but was oh so close to taking him. Or cam for the Olsen/cam stack.

RBs suck here. So I'm going heavy on receiver with Antonio, Baldwin and D Thomas. 

Probably a reach but I really like Cohen with Nagy especially in bestball and I couldn't guarantee he'd make it back to my 7th. 

Users who are viewing this thread