Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BassNBrew

2018 SSL 1 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Went for the ever popular my-backup-QB / backup RB serving as my rb1stack. :moneybag:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I was slow on the pick on Saturday.  Son had an all-day try-out for lacrosse, so it slipped my mind and I was not on the phone much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fournette, AJ Green, Del. Walker...IMHO, that was some pretty 'steady as she goes' drafting through opening 3 Rounds...

First tough decision came at 4.06/54th overall: I could feel the QB run coming. I hate that feeling because I hate drafting QB early, and I spend a lot of time evaluating mid level QB's with upside because of it...but with 20 picks between 4.06 and 5.11, I had to consider even some of those off-premium guys might be gone, because lately, that's just how these things go. Well, first I had to see if there was anything on the board that I'd be willing to make the sacrifice for...and truthfully, there wasn't...but I decided to gamble.

So I took Marvin Jones, who is no longer a sneaky WR3 who can give you WR2 value. I think he's come into his own, and I like the 1A/1B dynamic going on with him and Tate. Marvin seems to have more best ball potential to nut out here and there, vs Tate being more of a steady eddie...if I was waiting on QB until 5.11, that's what I was going to hang my hat on. Still felt weird taking Marvin Jones mid-Round 4. I wound up getting the QB1 I wanted in Rivers. I'm really enamored with him as that guy to wait on and grab. I am every year recently, and he's been part of every committee approach I've taken for several seasons, for better or for worse. This year, I think the Chargers D is going to do him a lot of favors, and I don't think the Chargers are built to ground and pound out a lead. I think they're geared to keep scoring. Hope I'm right.

It wasn't time to take a 2nd TE with Walker already on board and no Flex, even with TE premium. I like Marvin significantly better than any other non QB drafted between him and my 5.11 Rivers...as much as I like Rivers, there are non-premium QB's I would have liked more, who didn't fall - Cousins and Big Ben...but I could have taken Brady or Brees at 4.06...

Others thoughts on 2018 Marvin Jones? 

I got my steady eddie in the 6th, with Randall Cobb. I was impressed with Adams last year, and I think Jordy being out of there actually clears up some WR roles. Cobb just screams weekly 6-77-.5 at me, for whatever reason.  Steady WR3 with periodic WR2 upside in a 16-Team format, I think. Had Alex Collins fallen to me, I would have taken him. If Robert Woods hadn't gone a pick before mine, I would have strongly considered him vs Cobb...was hoping Dion Lewis would fall to me in Rd 7. I'm excited about the talent/opportunity matrix of Royce Freeman in Denver, though. Outside of Barkley, he's the RB I'm most eager to see play pro football. Hope I'm right.

Held my breath as I watched Hogan fall. Trying to grab him everywhere in best ball.

Could be doing better, but I'm doing OK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I think eli is an,interesting pick....feels like goid value there

I was very close to picking him a few picks earlier, but felt the RB talent after Duke Johnson was getting really thin.  And yes, I am intrigued by him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I think eli is an,interesting pick....feels like goid value there

If I had known that he or Case Keenum would still have been there at the end of 7, I would not have gone back to back QB in 5 and 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have Newton/Cousins on board....but at 8.13 with (7) teams (including Bass and Duckboy right behind me) only having 1 QB I seriously considered adding Dalton as a 3rd QB....I realize most of those (7) have a solid starter, but Dalton seemed the last of a steady QB2... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

have Newton/Cousins on board....but at 8.13 with (7) teams (including Bass and Duckboy right behind me) only having 1 QB I seriously considered adding Dalton as a 3rd QB....I realize most of those (7) have a solid starter, but Dalton seemed the last of a steady QB2... 

I've considered that strategy too. But with being so light at RB it felt like sacrificing my own team. 

Hopefully Cohen, Lynch and Jamaal Williams are good enough with strength elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB - R. Wilson Sea (7)

RB - Alex Collins BLT (10), T. Coleman ATL (8) & Crowell NYJ (11)

WR - J. Jones ATL (8), M. Thomas NO (6), A. Robinson CHI (5) & P. Richardson WSH (4)

TE - C. Brate TB (5) & B. Watson NO (6)

Nice foundation with backups at all positions except quarterback and no bye week issues. That last turn fit my needs perfectly. I am a big fan of Richardson in Washington and Watson, although a little old is a smart and gritty player that excelled previously in New Orleans. Feel like I salvaged tight end position pretty well for waiting for Brate at TE15 & 7.16 and Watson at TE22 & 10.1. Obviously still need some depth at QB, RB and WR as well as DST & PK, but like this squad at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Good morning, comet...you dick.

 

Hey Nit.... You ###### :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol...nice smack talk....

QB  - Matt ryan. Jamies winston

RB - Dalvin cook. Jay Ajayi. Corey Clement

WR - Kenan Allen. Martavius bryant. Marqis goodwin. Josh doctson

TE - Jimmy graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.14    Newton, Cam CAR QB7   
5.03    Cousins, Kirk MIN QB9   

Haven't gone QB early really in many of the survivors so thought I'd switch it up.  Being at the top end of the draft kind of dictates that you make the QB move at 4-5 turn if you want to have two above avg/no questions/solid guys.  Would have taken Rodgers in the third if Bass didn't and then probably waited. Would have also taken Brady or Watson in the 4th. This combo should be alright. Need to get above avg ROI here.

1.03    Johnson, David ARI RB3    
2.14    McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB14   

DJ should be the focus and receive a massive amount of touches.  My eyebrows raised when I saw McKinnon go to a Shanny offense and then it really got my attention when they did nothing in the draft at RB.  Should be in line for a high volume of carries and receptions. Pulling the trigger early here allows to forget about the position for a bit and just try to scrape together a couple of flyers later. Will need above avg ROI here as well. 

3.03    Diggs, Stefon MIN WR13    
7.03    Bryant, Dez DAL WR36    
8.14    Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR46    
9.03    Moore, D.J. CAR WR48

Kind of all over the place here.  Diggs should be fine.  Bryant will sign somewhere and probably play with a serious chip on his shoulder wherever it is, I'll gamble in the 7th. Sanders should return to form with better QB play.  Hope to hit pay dirt with the rookie/Newton combo a few times. There were safer picks, but said screw it. The news about CJA also broke while I was OTC here so I could have went that direction but with Dez a ? I needed to WR.  Going RB 1-2 made CJA a luxury I couldn't afford. 

6.14    Burton, Trey CHI TE11  

I think there is a reason Nagy targeted Burton even though the team already had Shaheen and Sims. .

Sniped several times by Bass and Shadowfax.  First was Hill, then Rodgers, then Watson, then Eifert.

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB - Trubisky and Wentz

Should challenge for the top QB duo. I think Mitch steps up in his 2nd year and gets a much better offensive coordinator, along with new tools.  Wentz should challenge for MVP again.

RB - Lynch, Cohen, Jamaal Williams

Ugly. But Cohen and Williams should have a few good games. Hoping Lynch has legs left and his line play better than last year.

WR - Brown, Baldwin, DT, Hurns

Probably one of the best quartets. I'm not 100% sold on Hurns being the top receiver in Dallas but the opportunity is there and had to take it in the 10th round.

TE - Olsen

If healthy he should be a top 5 TE. I'll add depth later. 

Overall - my backs are ugly. Any of those guys make a good rb2 or 3 but not a 1. The rest of the team makes up for it on paper. I think....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

QB - Trubisky and Wentz

Should challenge for the top QB duo. I think Mitch steps up in his 2nd year and gets a much better offensive coordinator, along with new tools.  Wentz should challenge for MVP again.

RB - Lynch, Cohen, Jamaal Williams

Ugly. But Cohen and Williams should have a few good games. Hoping Lynch has legs left and his line play better than last year.

WR - Brown, Baldwin, DT, Hurns

Probably one of the best quartets. I'm not 100% sold on Hurns being the top receiver in Dallas but the opportunity is there and had to take it in the 10th round.

TE - Olsen

If healthy he should be a top 5 TE. I'll add depth later. 

Overall - my backs are ugly. Any of those guys make a good rb2 or 3 but not a 1. The rest of the team makes up for it on paper. I think....

Thankful that you drafted WR in the fifth (as well as other folks selections) so I cold get Collins and T. Coleman at the 5/6 turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nittanylion said:

Brew, you are a real pain in the Bass.

Lockett and Ginn?!?!?! Swell...

May have reached on Meredith earlier. Wanted Ginn to lock up the weekly NO wr2 production. There will be plenty of better picks like whoever gets Jax wr1 but I couldn’t afford a swing and miss after neglecting WR early in the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB - R. Wilson Sea (7)

RB - Alex Collins BLT (10), T. Coleman ATL (8) & Crowell NYJ (11)

WR - J. Jones ATL (8), M. Thomas NO (6), A. Robinson CHI (5) & P. Richardson WSH (4)

TE - C. Brate TB (5) & B. Watson NO (6)

PK - Lutz NO (6) & Tucker BLT (10)

In the 18-man roster, I love the advantage of two solid kickers early in the pre-season. Anything can happen and one of these guys could get the boot, but feel like the percentages are lower with these two than many other PKs drafted later. Tighter squads with only 18 and minimal room for error. Also thought that it was awesome getting these two right after Butker and Butt were selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and before I can return to update my draft dominator file, five straight PKs drafted. Get them while they are hot and for sure before they are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

and before I can return to update my draft dominator file, five straight PKs drafted. Get them while they are hot and for sure before they are not.

meh...good try...I'm not going to fall for it and be a part of letting all the good stuff fall back to you now that you just hammered out back to back picks on them...but please everybody else keep picking them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

meh...good try...I'm not going to fall for it and be a part of letting all the good stuff fall back to you now that you just hammered out back to back picks on them...but please everybody else keep picking them....

Up to six in a row and 9 out of the last 13 picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holloway, while I have you here, I'm a HUGE fan of Razorbacks Men's basketball, since the late 80's-early 90's. Assuming you are, as well, do you have any inside local scoop on why CJ Jones and Darius Hall transferred out, especially after lots of minutes were created with so many Seniors graduating? Man, am I going to miss the Macon/Barford/Beard backcourt. So glad Gafford decided to return for his Sophomore season...was really hoping those two were going to be a big part of 2018.

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Holloway, while I have you here, I'm a HUGE fan of Razorbacks Men's basketball, since the late 80's-early 90's. Assuming you are, as well, do you have any inside local scoop on why CJ Jones and Darius Hall transferred out, especially after lots of minutes were created with so many Seniors graduating? Man, am I going to miss the Macon/Barford/Beard backcourt. So glad Gafford decided to return for his Sophomore season...was really hoping those two were going to be a big part of 2018.

Thanks!

I am an Arkansas alumnus class of 1977, so I was in school when Coach Eddie Sutton turned the program around a put us on the basketball map. I will always cherish memories of the triplets (Sidney Moncrief, Ron Brewer and Marvin Delph) all from Arkansas seen in person while in school. I just don't like basketball as much as I once did and perhaps it is because our team that was so good has not been above mediocre in a long time. I don't really have access to local stories since I moved out of state, but even though Coach Anderson is seen to be a good recruiter, there have been really good in-state players leave for other SEC schools. And I just don't see player growth or teaching going on. In Arkansas, we just don't have that many talented high schoolers to allow the cream of the crop to leave. And those two you mentioned transferring out when playing time appeared to be coming is not good. Most say we again had a very good recruiting season so perhaps there is hope.

I used to be excited for basketball in October. Since I moved out of state and we have not been as good, I really don't pay attention till conference play starts in January. Lately, I have watched a game or two at the most before the tournaments. I still like the game, but I just don't see us playing smart. It has been so long since we had a team that could execute in the half court. If we are not making steals and fast breaking or hitting threes, we are down and out.

When and how did you become a Razorback basketball fan?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moar kickers!

:shrug: I needed one and the running backs are barely dart throws now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Moar kickers!

:shrug: I needed one and the running backs are barely dart throws now.

But the QBs were better than dart throws. I could resist for worse or much worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

But the QBs were better than dart throws. I could resist for worse or much worse

Flack seems a decent QB3

Until he loses the job.... 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t want to sound like a little #####...but I kinda wish we had more dialogue about picks/strategy etc....seems like we are almost in a draft and done mode in these anymore...there used to be a bunch more discussion and that was the best part about what I took away from these things....I respect the FF opinions in here A TON and use it almost more than any other tool/ranking as I head into my home drafts in Aug/Sep...but we dont seem to have as much banter and back and forth and justifications etc...and I miss that ####....some guys chime in and its actually kind of cool when you enter the MDF and see a blue dot on the discussion page...I know doing the drafts at MFL makes it easier than when we used to have to post every pick here...and I know we all want to win these things, but it seems like we aren’t getting as much out of it as we used too..off soapbox cause I know I could post /comment more as well...I been :banned:..sorry

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, -OZ- said:

QB - Trubisky and Wentz

Should challenge for the top QB duo. I think Mitch steps up in his 2nd year and gets a much better offensive coordinator, along with new tools.  Wentz should challenge for MVP again.

RB - Lynch, Cohen, Jamaal Williams

Ugly. But Cohen and Williams should have a few good games. Hoping Lynch has legs left and his line play better than last year.

WR - Brown, Baldwin, DT, Hurns

Probably one of the best quartets. I'm not 100% sold on Hurns being the top receiver in Dallas but the opportunity is there and had to take it in the 10th round.

TE - Olsen

If healthy he should be a top 5 TE. I'll add depth later. 

Overall - my backs are ugly. Any of those guys make a good rb2 or 3 but not a 1. The rest of the team makes up for it on paper. I think....

Just scanning back through the comments after Ref asked for more discussion. I love more discussion and I think drafting at MFL is so much easier, but it killed the discussion as folks don't even come here much and it is a little trouble.

I am really not trying to be ornery, but top QB duo. Wentz was awesome last year, but he is coming off knee surgery. He should be back and possibly early, but is it a guarantee that he steps right back into awesome? The Bears have added all kinds of weapons and have a new offensive minded coach, but what exactly did Trubisky do to get everyone to think so highly of him. I get it, he could be really good, but for sure? The narrative that the Bears are the new Rams is almost spoken as a guarantee. If Wentz is healthy AND if Trubisky is all that, could be top 25%, but I am not as confident as you.

Can I get some feed-back and chatter here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah I echo Bass sentiments, redrafts seem to be dying, this was a great place to do some drafts, old vets like FIddles and ACP don't even bother.

I think DFS has killed the discussion, as well as people don't seem to live and breathe FF all off season, I still do but I have a disease

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew I should have taken Tavon Austin last round. :kicksrock:

Unlikely to matter but he could score a few points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final product:

 

QB - Matt Ryan & Jamies Winston

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

 

RB -  Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LaGarrette Blount

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

 

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

TE - Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

 

K - Robbie Gould, Dustin Hopkins 

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.

 

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man it was so tempting to take Sam Bradford in the last round and go 3 deep. But with small to rosters that probably wasn't the smart risk to take

Also considered foles, would have taken him if I had waited on my backup QB. Waiting there would have meant taking Crowell instead if trubisky, then if everything else fell the same, flacco instead of Everett and gesicki or RSJ instead of Demarco.  Foles instead of yeldon.  :oldunsure:

Edited by -OZ-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to talk crap if people post with their own evaluations....will throw out some #### either way 

 felt this draft was tougher than normal for some reason...think this group of drafters is on point

like 20 rounds better than 18 and would like to see 20 become the norm as it gets us deeper into the core player pool

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Would love to talk crap if people post with their own evaluations....will throw out some #### either way 

 felt this draft was tougher than normal for some reason...think this group of drafters is on point

like 20 rounds better than 18 and would like to see 20 become the norm as it gets us deeper into the core player pool

I'll start...I am very curious at your decision to punt on the TE position.  I am not a big "take 'em early guy", but you do realize it is 2 PPR and not .2PPR?  I am not sure how you can survive long when you are barely going to get 10 points a week from your best performer on a weekly basis.  I like the rest of your team, but the one week one of your other positions does not perform, you are going to be toast!  Sweet Love will make sure of that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Man it was so tempting to take Sam Bradford in the last round and go 3 deep. But with small to rosters that probably wasn't the smart risk to take

Also considered foles, would have taken him if I had waited on my backup QB. Waiting there would have meant taking Crowell instead if trubisky, then if everything else fell the same, flacco instead of Everett and gesicki or RSJ instead of Demarco.  Foles instead of yeldon.  :oldunsure:

I had to go with three QBs (and I have done so multiple times in the SSL), and it hurts as you are inevitably one RB or WR short.  I had to (Mariotta, Taylor/Mayfield), but I really could have used an additional RB especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

I'll start...I am very curious at your decision to punt on the TE position.  I am not a big "take 'em early guy", but you do realize it is 2 PPR and not .2PPR?  I am not sure how you can survive long when you are barely going to get 10 points a week from your best performer on a weekly basis.  I like the rest of your team, but the one week one of your other positions does not perform, you are going to be toast!  Sweet Love will make sure of that...

Looking at that slot, the decision to go QB back to back with cousins instead of Rudolph could make the difference.  I think Rudolph with trubisky or Keenum looks better than cousins with Burton. But maybe ref expects Burton and Vance McDonald to greatly exceed most expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Looking at that slot, the decision to go QB back to back with cousins instead of Rudolph could make the difference.  I think Rudolph with trubisky or Keenum looks better than cousins with Burton. But maybe ref expects Burton and Vance McDonald to greatly exceed most expectations.

I think they are possible upside guys (like top 10), but neither is anything close to a lock.  I know Ref well enough where he can take a razzing (hey, he begged for it!), but I am curious if he thinks that going strong in every other position could help him in the long run.  In a 16 teamer we all have weak spots, but I just want to know his thinking on this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

I think they are possible upside guys (like top 10), but neither is anything close to a lock.  I know Ref well enough where he can take a razzing (hey, he begged for it!), but I am curious if he thinks that going strong in every other position could help him in the long run.  In a 16 teamer we all have weak spots, but I just want to know his thinking on this..

Yep. 

He chose TE. I chose RB. He might have the better strategy. Or it might have just been we took value where we saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Final product:

 

QB - Matt Ryan & Jamies Winston

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

 

RB -  Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LaGarrette Blount

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

 

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

TE - Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

 

K - Robbie Gould, Dustin Hopkins 

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.

 

I like this team...you were able to get two really solid groups (QB and WR) without sacrificing the rest of your squad.  The Philly backfield can be tricky, but I think you handled it well by grabbing Clement.  If Graham does not click with Rodgers, that could be a big problem, but I don't see that happening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweet Love said:

I'll start...I am very curious at your decision to punt on the TE position.  I am not a big "take 'em early guy", but you do realize it is 2 PPR and not .2PPR?  I am not sure how you can survive long when you are barely going to get 10 points a week from your best performer on a weekly basis.  I like the rest of your team, but the one week one of your other positions does not perform, you are going to be toast!  Sweet Love will make sure of that...

Probably higher on Burton than most with Nagy in town. I think he starts and is heavily involved from Day 1.  In line and split out. His contract would also indicate he won't be spending much time on the bench.  With his athleticism, I think he was one of the more attractive FA TE available. When he was the guy when Ertz was out for a couple games, PHI didn't miss a beat and Burton scored 3 TD's and looked the part of a solid TE. I think Nagy hand picked the dude as he tries to recreate the KC weapons in CHI.  The Gabriel signing has his fingerprints on it too IMO. After the top 6 (Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Graham, Olsen, Henry) I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide in anywhere from TE7 on.  I'll roll the dice on him over Walker, Engram, Rudolph etc. Maybe it would be a big surprise to some to see him finish top 10, but not me. FBG staff have him about TE13 right now. While I am not a huge Trubisky fan, I expect CHI to throw more and I could see Burton being a primary target.  I think the guys that drafted him in the earlier survivors got a steal and much better value than me.

So there is that... guys like ASJ also went a little earlier than I thought they would, so McDonald became my TE2.  McDonald should be the primary receiving TE (James not really a factor hopefully) and the TE in PIT is usually good for some points. McDonald also looked good down the stretch and in the playoffs with Ben.  If we had 20 roster spots, I probably would have gone 3 deep by adding RSJ, but he went a little earlier than I thought too, so I may have missed on him. 

Gambled more in this draft than normal, but also got snipped a bunch so it made me zag a little when I wasn't expecting it.  Decided eventually TE would be a "roll with what I got" attitude and hopefully any points I lose here I can make up elsewhere. 

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 7:58 AM, Stephen Holloway said:

Just scanning back through the comments after Ref asked for more discussion. I love more discussion and I think drafting at MFL is so much easier, but it killed the discussion as folks don't even come here much and it is a little trouble.

I am really not trying to be ornery, but top QB duo. Wentz was awesome last year, but he is coming off knee surgery. He should be back and possibly early, but is it a guarantee that he steps right back into awesome? The Bears have added all kinds of weapons and have a new offensive minded coach, but what exactly did Trubisky do to get everyone to think so highly of him. I get it, he could be really good, but for sure? The narrative that the Bears are the new Rams is almost spoken as a guarantee. If Wentz is healthy AND if Trubisky is all that, could be top 25%, but I am not as confident as you.

Can I get some feed-back and chatter here?

I'll be a a little ornery....that comment by Oz about challenge for top QB dou got my attention as well....I feel Wentz may produce well on his own earning a top spot, but in terms of a "dou" there are several I like a lot better...:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Final product:

 

QB - Matt Ryan & Jamies Winston

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

 

RB -  Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LaGarrette Blount

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

 

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

TE - Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

 

K - Robbie Gould, Dustin Hopkins 

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.

 

I like this team.  Balanced, very solid starters with no depth fall off.  WR is the only potential weakness I see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I think ur in trouble ref....one kicker...dez and 3 rookies at wr.....i like burton at te but i think you can get bounced early

no worries...you are probably right....think the feelings about Dez will change as soon as he does actually sign on somewhere...felt he was worth it at WR36....I hate drafting rookies and it has probably cost me in the past, so I did actually kind of say screw it and took some chances in this draft....I went for "upside/possible immediate breakout" instead the boring steady edddie guys at WR...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team BnB

QB: Rodgers, Tannehill, Flacco - Flacco was probably a stupid pick that will doom me.  I couldn't let a starting QB sit on the board in the 13th round.  Wasn't going to let Holloway grab an established vet starter for virtually free after starting a kicker run and then beating the drum to get all the lemmings to follow.  In hindsight I pass on Tannehill at 9.2 for ASJ at TE.

RB: Bell, Ingram, Lewis - Not sure if I've ever only gone 3 deep at RB.  Usually I draft some crappy backup that never plays.  By the time I got around to blowing a pick on Flacco, the RB position has been obliterated.  Even without the depth, this position could be a strength.

WR: Fitzgerald, Parker, Meredith, Lockett, Ginn, Wright - After seeing the WSL/PDSLs play out I was pretty comfortable waiting on WR.  Got Fitz at 5.2 and WR25.  Seems like a big hole at WR from the mid 4th to 6th round.  Last year he finished as WR5.  He's a pro and and stays fit, he won't fall off a cliff.  Never have been a fan of Parker, but some one has to pick up Landry's production in Miami.  Reached on Meredith but he has the upside to turn this so-so WR corps into something OK.  Paring Ginn with him gives me a very good shot at some deathly production from the NO air attack.  I own Lockett most years and he usually disappoints.  Not much left in Seattle.  Part of the reason I knew I could wait at WR is that a decent spot starter like Wright would be available late.

TE: Doyle, Hurst - Very risky.  Had other ideas here but got sniped and stymied the whole draft.  The Flacco luxury shows up here too.  Was torn on Hurst as rookies are usually worthless.  Almost pulled the trigger on Dickson.  Considered handcuffing Ebron.  Wanted MacDonald.  As much as I've kicked myself about the Flacco pick, I think this is where draft a QB like Rodgers early shows up.

K: Sturgis, Bullock - Strange draft when people are taking team's backup kickers in the 15th round of a fantasy draft.  14 of 16 went 2 deep at kicker Which is a head scratcher in a shot roster format.  Usually I like to go one early and done, but the byes weeks weren't favorable for me to do that.

D: Chargers, Raiders - Got two.

I've never had a team eliminated in week one, this team could be the first.  I actually think it will fair better during the bye weeks relative to the field than the non-bye weeks.  Not too many donuts on the roster if any, but not much upside punch after Bell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.