Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassNBrew

2018 SSL 1 Discussion Thread

134 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

But the QBs were better than dart throws. I could resist for worse or much worse

Flack seems a decent QB3

Until he loses the job.... 

;)

Posted (edited)

Don’t want to sound like a little #####...but I kinda wish we had more dialogue about picks/strategy etc....seems like we are almost in a draft and done mode in these anymore...there used to be a bunch more discussion and that was the best part about what I took away from these things....I respect the FF opinions in here A TON and use it almost more than any other tool/ranking as I head into my home drafts in Aug/Sep...but we dont seem to have as much banter and back and forth and justifications etc...and I miss that ####....some guys chime in and its actually kind of cool when you enter the MDF and see a blue dot on the discussion page...I know doing the drafts at MFL makes it easier than when we used to have to post every pick here...and I know we all want to win these things, but it seems like we aren’t getting as much out of it as we used too..off soapbox cause I know I could post /comment more as well...I been :banned:..sorry

Edited by Stinkin Ref
2 people like this

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, -OZ- said:

QB - Trubisky and Wentz

Should challenge for the top QB duo. I think Mitch steps up in his 2nd year and gets a much better offensive coordinator, along with new tools.  Wentz should challenge for MVP again.

RB - Lynch, Cohen, Jamaal Williams

Ugly. But Cohen and Williams should have a few good games. Hoping Lynch has legs left and his line play better than last year.

WR - Brown, Baldwin, DT, Hurns

Probably one of the best quartets. I'm not 100% sold on Hurns being the top receiver in Dallas but the opportunity is there and had to take it in the 10th round.

TE - Olsen

If healthy he should be a top 5 TE. I'll add depth later. 

Overall - my backs are ugly. Any of those guys make a good rb2 or 3 but not a 1. The rest of the team makes up for it on paper. I think....

Just scanning back through the comments after Ref asked for more discussion. I love more discussion and I think drafting at MFL is so much easier, but it killed the discussion as folks don't even come here much and it is a little trouble.

I am really not trying to be ornery, but top QB duo. Wentz was awesome last year, but he is coming off knee surgery. He should be back and possibly early, but is it a guarantee that he steps right back into awesome? The Bears have added all kinds of weapons and have a new offensive minded coach, but what exactly did Trubisky do to get everyone to think so highly of him. I get it, he could be really good, but for sure? The narrative that the Bears are the new Rams is almost spoken as a guarantee. If Wentz is healthy AND if Trubisky is all that, could be top 25%, but I am not as confident as you.

Can I get some feed-back and chatter here?

yeah I echo Bass sentiments, redrafts seem to be dying, this was a great place to do some drafts, old vets like FIddles and ACP don't even bother.

I think DFS has killed the discussion, as well as people don't seem to live and breathe FF all off season, I still do but I have a disease

4 people like this

I knew I should have taken Tavon Austin last round. :kicksrock:

Unlikely to matter but he could score a few points.

Posted (edited)

Final product:

QB - Matt Ryan & Jamies Winston

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

RB -  Dalvin Cook, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, LaGarrette Blount

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

TE - Jimmy Graham, Uncle Rico Gathers

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

K - Robbie Gould, Dustin Hopkins 

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer

Posted (edited)

Man it was so tempting to take Sam Bradford in the last round and go 3 deep. But with small to rosters that probably wasn't the smart risk to take

Also considered foles, would have taken him if I had waited on my backup QB. Waiting there would have meant taking Crowell instead if trubisky, then if everything else fell the same, flacco instead of Everett and gesicki or RSJ instead of Demarco.  Foles instead of yeldon.  :oldunsure:

Edited by -OZ-

Posted (edited)

Would love to talk crap if people post with their own evaluations....will throw out some #### either way 

felt this draft was tougher than normal for some reason...think this group of drafters is on point

like 20 rounds better than 18 and would like to see 20 become the norm as it gets us deeper into the core player pool

Edited by Stinkin Ref

8 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Would love to talk crap if people post with their own evaluations....will throw out some #### either way 

felt this draft was tougher than normal for some reason...think this group of drafters is on point

like 20 rounds better than 18 and would like to see 20 become the norm as it gets us deeper into the core player pool

I'll start...I am very curious at your decision to punt on the TE position.  I am not a big "take 'em early guy", but you do realize it is 2 PPR and not .2PPR?  I am not sure how you can survive long when you are barely going to get 10 points a week from your best performer on a weekly basis.  I like the rest of your team, but the one week one of your other positions does not perform, you are going to be toast!  Sweet Love will make sure of that...

16 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Man it was so tempting to take Sam Bradford in the last round and go 3 deep. But with small to rosters that probably wasn't the smart risk to take

Also considered foles, would have taken him if I had waited on my backup QB. Waiting there would have meant taking Crowell instead if trubisky, then if everything else fell the same, flacco instead of Everett and gesicki or RSJ instead of Demarco.  Foles instead of yeldon.  :oldunsure:

I had to go with three QBs (and I have done so multiple times in the SSL), and it hurts as you are inevitably one RB or WR short.  I had to (Mariotta, Taylor/Mayfield), but I really could have used an additional RB especially.

28 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

I'll start...I am very curious at your decision to punt on the TE position.  I am not a big "take 'em early guy", but you do realize it is 2 PPR and not .2PPR?  I am not sure how you can survive long when you are barely going to get 10 points a week from your best performer on a weekly basis.  I like the rest of your team, but the one week one of your other positions does not perform, you are going to be toast!  Sweet Love will make sure of that...

Looking at that slot, the decision to go QB back to back with cousins instead of Rudolph could make the difference.  I think Rudolph with trubisky or Keenum looks better than cousins with Burton. But maybe ref expects Burton and Vance McDonald to greatly exceed most expectations.

1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Looking at that slot, the decision to go QB back to back with cousins instead of Rudolph could make the difference.  I think Rudolph with trubisky or Keenum looks better than cousins with Burton. But maybe ref expects Burton and Vance McDonald to greatly exceed most expectations.

I think they are possible upside guys (like top 10), but neither is anything close to a lock.  I know Ref well enough where he can take a razzing (hey, he begged for it!), but I am curious if he thinks that going strong in every other position could help him in the long run.  In a 16 teamer we all have weak spots, but I just want to know his thinking on this..

2 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

I think they are possible upside guys (like top 10), but neither is anything close to a lock.  I know Ref well enough where he can take a razzing (hey, he begged for it!), but I am curious if he thinks that going strong in every other position could help him in the long run.  In a 16 teamer we all have weak spots, but I just want to know his thinking on this..

Yep. 

He chose TE. I chose RB. He might have the better strategy. Or it might have just been we took value where we saw it.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Final product:

Two QBs who underperformed last year. Should have nice a smooth score here every week

picking 13  I went with the best sophomore RB I could get in Cook. All reports on his knee are good. When I snagged Ajayi, I decided that Clements upside was soo good that I didn't plan on handcuffing, but it made sense at the round  I got clement in.....Blount in Detroit should provide a few TDs here and there.

WR - Keenan Allen, Marqis Goodwin, Martavius Bryant, Josh Doctson, Cole Beasley, Zay Jones

Solid ppr stud in Keenan allen...I got Jimmy Gs #1 target...he and Goodwin really clicked last year. Martavius provides those huge games...Doctson? well he has a new QB and his competition for targets isn't that great.....over in Dallas I think Cole might provide a key 5/50 game when I need it....Zay.....well I love naked dudes who jump through windos....

Jimmy Graham with Aaron Rodgers??? Yes please.....Uncle Rico without Witten??? have to love that dart throw....almost went Ricky Seals Jones......

Two kickers with solid jobs, Hopkins just signed a 3 year deal in Washington and Gould has a nice O.

Def - Denver, Dallas 

middle of the road, no elite D, but Denver should be reborn with Chubb, MIller and Shane Ray putting pressure on.

I like this team...you were able to get two really solid groups (QB and WR) without sacrificing the rest of your squad.  The Philly backfield can be tricky, but I think you handled it well by grabbing Clement.  If Graham does not click with Rodgers, that could be a big problem, but I don't see that happening.  

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Sweet Love said:

Probably higher on Burton than most with Nagy in town. I think he starts and is heavily involved from Day 1.  In line and split out. His contract would also indicate he won't be spending much time on the bench.  With his athleticism, I think he was one of the more attractive FA TE available. When he was the guy when Ertz was out for a couple games, PHI didn't miss a beat and Burton scored 3 TD's and looked the part of a solid TE. I think Nagy hand picked the dude as he tries to recreate the KC weapons in CHI.  The Gabriel signing has his fingerprints on it too IMO. After the top 6 (Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, Graham, Olsen, Henry) I wouldn't be surprised to see him slide in anywhere from TE7 on.  I'll roll the dice on him over Walker, Engram, Rudolph etc. Maybe it would be a big surprise to some to see him finish top 10, but not me. FBG staff have him about TE13 right now. While I am not a huge Trubisky fan, I expect CHI to throw more and I could see Burton being a primary target.  I think the guys that drafted him in the earlier survivors got a steal and much better value than me.

So there is that... guys like ASJ also went a little earlier than I thought they would, so McDonald became my TE2.  McDonald should be the primary receiving TE (James not really a factor hopefully) and the TE in PIT is usually good for some points. McDonald also looked good down the stretch and in the playoffs with Ben.  If we had 20 roster spots, I probably would have gone 3 deep by adding RSJ, but he went a little earlier than I thought too, so I may have missed on him. 

Gambled more in this draft than normal, but also got snipped a bunch so it made me zag a little when I wasn't expecting it.  Decided eventually TE would be a "roll with what I got" attitude and hopefully any points I lose here I can make up elsewhere. 

Edited by Stinkin Ref
1 person likes this

I think ur in trouble ref....one kicker...dez and 3 rookies at wr.....i like burton at te but i think you can get bounced early

On 5/11/2018 at 7:58 AM, Stephen Holloway said:

Just scanning back through the comments after Ref asked for more discussion. I love more discussion and I think drafting at MFL is so much easier, but it killed the discussion as folks don't even come here much and it is a little trouble.

I am really not trying to be ornery, but top QB duo. Wentz was awesome last year, but he is coming off knee surgery. He should be back and possibly early, but is it a guarantee that he steps right back into awesome? The Bears have added all kinds of weapons and have a new offensive minded coach, but what exactly did Trubisky do to get everyone to think so highly of him. I get it, he could be really good, but for sure? The narrative that the Bears are the new Rams is almost spoken as a guarantee. If Wentz is healthy AND if Trubisky is all that, could be top 25%, but I am not as confident as you.

Can I get some feed-back and chatter here?

I'll be a a little ornery....that comment by Oz about challenge for top QB dou got my attention as well....I feel Wentz may produce well on his own earning a top spot, but in terms of a "dou" there are several I like a lot better...:whistle:

On 5/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Final product:

Def - Denver, Dallas 

I like this team.  Balanced, very solid starters with no depth fall off.  WR is the only potential weakness I see.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I think ur in trouble ref....one kicker...dez and 3 rookies at wr.....i like burton at te but i think you can get bounced early

no worries...you are probably right....think the feelings about Dez will change as soon as he does actually sign on somewhere...felt he was worth it at WR36....I hate drafting rookies and it has probably cost me in the past, so I did actually kind of say screw it and took some chances in this draft....I went for "upside/possible immediate breakout" instead the boring steady edddie guys at WR...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Team BnB

QB: Rodgers, Tannehill, Flacco - Flacco was probably a stupid pick that will doom me.  I couldn't let a starting QB sit on the board in the 13th round.  Wasn't going to let Holloway grab an established vet starter for virtually free after starting a kicker run and then beating the drum to get all the lemmings to follow.  In hindsight I pass on Tannehill at 9.2 for ASJ at TE.

RB: Bell, Ingram, Lewis - Not sure if I've ever only gone 3 deep at RB.  Usually I draft some crappy backup that never plays.  By the time I got around to blowing a pick on Flacco, the RB position has been obliterated.  Even without the depth, this position could be a strength.

WR: Fitzgerald, Parker, Meredith, Lockett, Ginn, Wright - After seeing the WSL/PDSLs play out I was pretty comfortable waiting on WR.  Got Fitz at 5.2 and WR25.  Seems like a big hole at WR from the mid 4th to 6th round.  Last year he finished as WR5.  He's a pro and and stays fit, he won't fall off a cliff.  Never have been a fan of Parker, but some one has to pick up Landry's production in Miami.  Reached on Meredith but he has the upside to turn this so-so WR corps into something OK.  Paring Ginn with him gives me a very good shot at some deathly production from the NO air attack.  I own Lockett most years and he usually disappoints.  Not much left in Seattle.  Part of the reason I knew I could wait at WR is that a decent spot starter like Wright would be available late.

TE: Doyle, Hurst - Very risky.  Had other ideas here but got sniped and stymied the whole draft.  The Flacco luxury shows up here too.  Was torn on Hurst as rookies are usually worthless.  Almost pulled the trigger on Dickson.  Considered handcuffing Ebron.  Wanted MacDonald.  As much as I've kicked myself about the Flacco pick, I think this is where draft a QB like Rodgers early shows up.

K: Sturgis, Bullock - Strange draft when people are taking team's backup kickers in the 15th round of a fantasy draft.  14 of 16 went 2 deep at kicker Which is a head scratcher in a shot roster format.  Usually I like to go one early and done, but the byes weeks weren't favorable for me to do that.

D: Chargers, Raiders - Got two.

I've never had a team eliminated in week one, this team could be the first.  I actually think it will fair better during the bye weeks relative to the field than the non-bye weeks.  Not too many donuts on the roster if any, but not much upside punch after Bell.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the praise guys.....thats the kiss of death.

In hindsight i should of taken edelman over jamies and took eli or bortles at the next set of picks...i can see me snagging eli as my qb2 in alot of redrafts this year

Bass.....with ingram suspended four games and leveon holding out...a slow start for him coming....could be a quick exit for you.

I dont like that doyle pick either

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer

Posted (edited)

4.14    Cam Newton CAR QB7   4
5.03    Kirk Cousins  MIN QB9     10
Lot of investment here will need outstanding ROI…will hopefully challenge Wentz/Trubisky for one of the top QB duos. ;)

1.03    David Johnson ARI RB3   9
2.14    Jerick McKinnon  SFO RB14  11
12.14 Latavius Murray MIN RB52  10
13.03 Austin Ekeler LAC RB53    8
17.03 Tavon Austin DAL RB63  8

Punted RB for 10 rounds…need top 2 to do the heavy lifting and above avg ROI.  Maybe Murray can still steal some GL carries.  Cook probably shouldn’t be carrying all the mail next year right? So maybe Murray will get a few series or help run out the clock if MIN gets a lead.  I expect Ekeler’s PT to increase, and like his ability to catch the ball and involvement in 2-4 minute offense. I was drinking heavily at the time I drafted Austin, so I really can’t be held accountable for that.  Made that turn really late at night and also don’t think I really realized it left me with only one pick left. I gotta quit drinking. Anyway, Austin is currently listed as a RB, but I think there is a chance he gets switched back to WR on MFL, and Bass says we have to just go by whatever MFL says whenever.  So not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing wherever he ends up.  Maybe my WR could use the help by then. But either way, I’m not really sure why I even drafted the ####### guy.

3.03    Stefon Diggs MIN WR13   10
7.03    Dez Bryant DAL WR36      ?
8.14    Emmanuel Sanders DEN WR46    10
9.03    D. J. Moore, D.J. CAR WR48  4
11.03 James Washington PIT WR63  7
16.14 Anthony Miller CHI WR83  5

Worried about being only 6 deep unless my swing man Austin comes in to save the day. Dez not having a week 10 bye would be nice. Let’s go rookies! Not sure what I was doing here.

6.14    Trey Burton CHI TE11  5
10.14 Vance McDonald TE24 PIT 7

Should probably challenge for one of the top TE duos.

15.03 Sebastian Janikowski SEA PK23 7

Starting a new trend of trying to implement what will be known as the zero place kicker strategy.

14.14 Seattle Seahwks DST14  7
18.14 Washington Redskis DST31 4

Only one of them share a bye week with my PK, so at least I got that going for me. 

Overall: never ever I had a draft where I got sniped so much so I am blaming it on that and the booze.  :banned:

Edited by Stinkin Ref

55 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Team BnB

QB: Rodgers, Tannehill, Flacco - Flacco was probably a stupid pick that will doom me.  I couldn't let a starting QB sit on the board in the 13th round.  Wasn't going to let Holloway grab an established vet starter for virtually free after starting a kicker run and then beating the drum to get all the lemmings to follow.  In hindsight I pass on Tannehill at 9.2 for ASJ at TE.

RB: Bell, Ingram, Lewis - Not sure if I've ever only gone 3 deep at RB.  Usually I draft some crappy backup that never plays.  By the time I got around to blowing a pick on Flacco, the RB position has been obliterated.  Even without the depth, this position could be a strength.

WR: Fitzgerald, Parker, Meredith, Lockett, Ginn, Wright - After seeing the WSL/PDSLs play out I was pretty comfortable waiting on WR.  Got Fitz at 5.2 and WR25.  Seems like a big hole at WR from the mid 4th to 6th round.  Last year he finished as WR5.  He's a pro and and stays fit, he won't fall off a cliff.  Never have been a fan of Parker, but some one has to pick up Landry's production in Miami.  Reached on Meredith but he has the upside to turn this so-so WR corps into something OK.  Paring Ginn with him gives me a very good shot at some deathly production from the NO air attack.  I own Lockett most years and he usually disappoints.  Not much left in Seattle.  Part of the reason I knew I could wait at WR is that a decent spot starter like Wright would be available late.

TE: Doyle, Hurst - Very risky.  Had other ideas here but got sniped and stymied the whole draft.  The Flacco luxury shows up here too.  Was torn on Hurst as rookies are usually worthless.  Almost pulled the trigger on Dickson.  Considered handcuffing Ebron.  Wanted MacDonald.  As much as I've kicked myself about the Flacco pick, I think this is where draft a QB like Rodgers early shows up.

K: Sturgis, Bullock - Strange draft when people are taking team's backup kickers in the 15th round of a fantasy draft.  14 of 16 went 2 deep at kicker Which is a head scratcher in a shot roster format.  Usually I like to go one early and done, but the byes weeks weren't favorable for me to do that.

I've never had a team eliminated in week one, this team could be the first.  I actually think it will fair better during the bye weeks relative to the field than the non-bye weeks.  Not too many donuts on the roster if any, but not much upside punch after Bell.

With only 18 slots, it leaves a hole when you take three QBs and glad to see my two PK run reaped benefits. Only three deep RBs is also risky and now Ingram is out for the first three games. Definitely love Fitzgerald, especially as late as you got him. Also like Lockett and Ginn in best ball, but taking two secondary Saints receivers adds another risk if their rookie pans out and Meredith is not ready to go. Definitely not  your best effort. Again I want to say thanks for organizing these and occasionally taking grief at a volunteer job. I so enjoy mixing it up here during the off-season and it is great fun to watch these play out all season long.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Final product:

Def - Denver, Dallas 

I also like this team, but not a huge fan of the running back corps. Cook coming off injury and a new QB in town that should be more efficient passing along with two Philly backs when they also brought back Sproles who could have a receiving role and Blount who has scored a lot of TDs recently, but is not that effective in short yardage and on Detroit who has not run well and has a solid committee. Love Allen and Goodwin, Bryant and Beasley also solid. I have been waiting and waiting on Doctson and am not as certain moving forward. Your comment on Jones was hilarious and you got him really late so bargain with production.

12 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

4.14    Newton, Cam CAR QB7   4
5.03    Cousins, Kirk MIN QB9     10
Lot of investment here will need outstanding ROI…will hopefully challenge Wentz/Trubisky for one of the top QB duos.

1.03    Johnson, David ARI RB3   9
2.14    McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB14  11
12.14 Latavius Murray MIN RB52  10
13.03 Austin Ekeler LAC RB53    8
17.03 Tavon Austin DAL RB63  8

Punted RB for 10 rounds…need top 2 to do the heavy lifting and above avg ROI.  Maybe Murray can still steal some GL carries.  Cook probably shouldn’t be carrying all the mail next year right? So maybe Murray will get a few series or help run out the clock if MIN gets a lead.  I expect Ekeler’s PT to increase, and like his ability to catch the ball and involvement in 2-4 minute offense. I was drinking heavily at the time I drafted Austin, so I really can’t be held accountable for that.  Made that turn really late at night and also don’t think I really realized it left me with only one pick left. I gotta quit drinking. Anyway, Austin is currently listed as a RB, but I think there is a chance he gets switched back to WR on MFL, and Bass says we have to just go by whatever MFL says whenever.  So not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing wherever he ends up.  Maybe my WR could use the help by then. But either way, I’m not really sure why I even drafted the ####### guy.

3.03    Diggs, Stefon MIN WR13   10
7.03    Bryant, Dez DAL WR36      ?
8.14    Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR46    10
9.03    Moore, D.J. CAR WR48  4
11.03 James Washington PIT WR63  7
16.14 Anthony Miller CHI WR83  5

Worried about being only 6 deep unless my swing man Austin comes in to save the day. Dez not having a week 10 bye would be nice. Let’s go rookies! Not sure what I was doing here.

15.03 Sebastian Janikowski SEA PK23 7

Starting a new trend of trying to implement the what will be known as the zero place kicker strategy.

14.14 Seattle Seahwks DST14  7
18.14 Washington Redskis DST31 4

Only one of them share a bye week with my PK, so at least I got that going for me. 

Overall: never ever I had a draft where I got sniped so much so I am blaming it on that and the booze.  :banned:

QB is such a critical position, especially with only 18 roster spots, I get why you go back to back early, but if (when) the later drafted QBs shine, the advantage is not that great. Love the first three RBs, but Ekeler has competition and T Austin just has not had opportunities and I will be surprised if he can carve out consistent touches. I am partial to getting several rookies, especially if I expect early playing time and love Diggs with Cousins. Not a Bryant fan and he seems the kind of player that will struggle to pick up new systems if he does not get in to camp early. Could be bargain at WR36 though. I do not mind going solo at PK, particularly with early bye week and really enjoyed the conversation about the PK run so proud you stood your ground. Hope Janko does not hurt himself. RBs and QBs really good and TE better than being credited with.

30 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

4.14    Cam Newton CAR QB7   4
5.03    Kirk Cousins  MIN QB9     10
Lot of investment here will need outstanding ROI…will hopefully challenge Wentz/Trubisky for one of the top QB duos.

I am honestly not sure which comment is more brilliant.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

I am honestly not sure which comment is more brilliant.

thank you....thank you very much....really not much positive to say about my team so I went with :sarcasm:

QB - 4.1 Wlson Sea (7) and 16.1 Darnold ROOK NYJ (11) - Took Wilson fairly early and as QB2 so I determined then to be patient and wait on a second QB. Was hoping for Eli Manning as he had been going very late in earlier survivors but that was not to be. I prefer Darnold over the other rookie QBs, particularly for 2018 so was happy to get him. He is very young and it could be that he does not play much, but I expect that most of the first round QBs will play at some point this year and I need Darnold at or before week seven. Not a strength, but if Wilson is as good as I expect, it can be middle of the pack or better. 

RB - 5.16 Alex Collins BLT (10), 6.1 T. Coleman ATL (8), 8.1 Crowell NYJ (11) & 14.1N. Hines ROOK Ind (9) - Waited very late here and really like all of the top three. David Dodds has them at RB16, RB27 and RB31 and I drafted them at RB26, 27 & 34. Sig sold me on Hines capabilities and he has a chance to play a lot in Indianapolis, so this RB group could out perform the draft capital expended. I need for them to keep me afloat, but not have to carry the team.

WR - 1.16 J. Jones ATL (8), 2.1 M. Thomas NO (6), 3.16 A. Robinson CHI (5), 9.16 P. Richardson WSH (4), 15.16 J. J. Nelson ARZ (9) & 18.1 T. Williams DAL (8) - Here is the strength of this team and it was purposeful. I took WR4, 5 and 19. David Dodds has them at WR3, 6 and 23 so I did not get relative bargains here and may have spent too much on Robinson as my third WR. Richardson has been a target all off-season for me and was happy to get him again. The last two were struggles. I did not see RBs that I wanted to add and kind of settled on these guys as I was visiting my Mom for Mother's Day weekend and did not really search long and hard. Williams should see targets, but I probably should have taken my second DST at 15.16 and improved there over Tampa Bay later. The only slot that I really did not like my selection afterwards.

TE - 7.16 C. Brate TB (5) & 10.1 B. Watson NO (6) - Waited a little too late on TEs getting those three RBs and three WRs, but like the tandem of Brate and Watson although they are on the risky side. Brate has Howard wanting to take targets and Watson is getting long in the tooth. With the absence of Ingram early on, perhaps Brees and the Saints will attempt to save Kamara and pass more early on and then switch back to the run dependency of last season in week six or seven for the rest of the year.

PK - 11.16 Lutz NO (6) & 12.1 Tucker BLT (10) - Got two solid guys and helped trigger the run which might have helped my get Hines, but nothing else significant.

DST - 13.16 Saints (6) & 17.16 Tampa Bay (5) - Like the Saints and the Bucs were kind of my pick of the remainder and getting the early bye.

Comments appreciated and keep the conversation here on all teams alive. Everyone pitch in with a review of their team so we can all poke holes.

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB     8
Mayfield, Baker CLE QB 11
Taylor, Tyrod CLE QB  11

Got very luck when it came to getting the CLE combo.  There are a ton of weapons there now, and unless there is some kind of Kizer shocker, I have that locked up at low-round prices.  What was a glaring weakness in my mind, turned out to be OK.

Ballage, Kalen MIA RB 11
Henry, Derrick TEN RB    8
Johnson, Duke CLE RB   11
Michel, Sony NEP RB 11

Not loving this group.  Two rookies, and both will be in a timeshare, at best.  My favorite pick was the Duke Johnson in the 8th or 9th, but this group could give me problems.  Taking a third QB hurt, but there wasn't much in the way of RBs at that point anyway.

Adams, Davante GBP WR      7
Beckham, Odell NYG WR   9
Funchess, Devin CAR WR    4
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR    8
Westbrook, Dede JAC WR    9

Strength of the team...could possibly have three top 20 WRs in a 16 teamer.

Cook, Jared OAK TE    7
Howard, O.J. TBB TE    5

Not loving this group, but getting Cook where I did, makes it palatable.  Not sure whether my guys can keep pace with Ref's Ronald McDonald and Tim Burton, but I'll give it a shot.

Forbath, Kai MIN PK    10
Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK    11

Feel good about this

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def    9
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def    11

Not inspiring, but at least I got two.

4 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB     8
Mayfield, Baker CLE QB 11
Taylor, Tyrod CLE QB  11

Got very luck when it came to getting the CLE combo.  There are a ton of weapons there now, and unless there is some kind of Kizer shocker, I have that locked up at low-round prices.  What was a glaring weakness in my mind, turned out to be OK.

Ballage, Kalen MIA RB 11
Henry, Derrick TEN RB    8
Johnson, Duke CLE RB   11
Michel, Sony NEP RB 11

Not loving this group.  Two rookies, and both will be in a timeshare, at best.  My favorite pick was the Duke Johnson in the 8th or 9th, but this group could give me problems.  Taking a third QB hurt, but there wasn't much in the way of RBs at that point anyway.

Adams, Davante GBP WR      7
Beckham, Odell NYG WR   9
Funchess, Devin CAR WR    4
Matthews, Rishard TEN WR    8
Westbrook, Dede JAC WR    9

Strength of the team...could possibly have three top 20 WRs in a 16 teamer.

Cook, Jared OAK TE    7
Howard, O.J. TBB TE    5

Not loving this group, but getting Cook where I did, makes it palatable.  Not sure whether my guys can keep pace with Ref's Ronald McDonald and Tim Burton, but I'll give it a shot.

Forbath, Kai MIN PK    10
Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK    11

Feel good about this

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def    9
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def    11

Not inspiring, but at least I got two.

Kizer is gone so you have the Cleveland QB tied down, but since it took two picks and three total it handicaps elsewhere. Duke Johnson is solid, but last year he only had Crowell to contend with and this year he has the rookie Chubb and also Carlos Hyde. I like Ballage more than most but if Gore lasts all season he is likely in a three-man RBBC. Three RBs on bye week 11 will be tough. Agree your top three WRs are all great, but only having five could be a bye-week issue and Jacksonville has a plethora of WR candidates and Westbrook is no sure thing. You are my Doppler at TE, with each of us having a weaker duo and half of the Tampa Bay production. Good luck. It seems all of our teams have some weaknesses but I have not seen a report yet where there was an obvious stand above the crowd squad.

53 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

QB - 4.1 Wlson Sea (7) and 16.1 Darnold ROOK NYJ (11) - Took Wilson fairly early and as QB2 so I determined then to be patient and wait on a second QB. Was hoping for Eli Manning as he had been going very late in earlier survivors but that was not to be. I prefer Darnold over the other rookie QBs, particularly for 2018 so was happy to get him. He is very young and it could be that he does not play much, but I expect that most of the first round QBs will play at some point this year and I need Darnold at or before week seven. Not a strength, but if Wilson is as good as I expect, it can be middle of the pack or better. 

RB - 5.16 Alex Collins BLT (10), 6.1 T. Coleman ATL (8), 8.1 Crowell NYJ (11) & 14.1N. Hines ROOK Ind (9) - Waited very late here and really like all of the top three. David Dodds has them at RB16, RB27 and RB31 and I drafted them at RB26, 27 & 34. Sig sold me on Hines capabilities and he has a chance to play a lot in Indianapolis, so this RB group could out perform the draft capital expended. I need for them to keep me afloat, but not have to carry the team.

WR - 1.16 J. Jones ATL (8), 2.1 M. Thomas NO (6), 3.16 A. Robinson CHI (5), 9.16 P. Richardson WSH (4), 15.16 J. J. Nelson ARZ (9) & 18.1 T. Williams DAL (8) - Here is the strength of this team and it was purposeful. I took WR4, 5 and 19. David Dodds has them at WR3, 6 and 23 so I did not get relative bargains here and may have spent too much on Robinson as my third WR. Richardson has been a target all off-season for me and was happy to get him again. The last two were struggles. I did not see RBs that I wanted to add and kind of settled on these guys as I was visiting my Mom for Mother's Day weekend and did not really search long and hard. Williams should see targets, but I probably should have taken my second DST at 15.16 and improved there over Tampa Bay later. The only slot that I really did not like my selection afterwards.

TE - 7.16 C. Brate TB (5) & 10.1 B. Watson NO (6) - Waited a little too late on TEs getting those three RBs and three WRs, but like the tandem of Brate and Watson although they are on the risky side. Brate has Howard wanting to take targets and Watson is getting long in the tooth. With the absence of Ingram early on, perhaps Brees and the Saints will attempt to save Kamara and pass more early on and then switch back to the run dependency of last season in week six or seven for the rest of the year.

PK - 11.16 Lutz NO (6) & 12.1 Tucker BLT (10) - Got two solid guys and helped trigger the run which might have helped my get Hines, but nothing else significant.

DST - 13.16 Saints (6) & 17.16 Tampa Bay (5) - Like the Saints and the Bucs were kind of my pick of the remainder and getting the early bye.

Comments appreciated and keep the conversation here on all teams alive. Everyone pitch in with a review of their team so we can all poke holes.

Too many saints...especially at k def and te....week 6 you will be running with only 1 possible score at those spots and without mike thomas......worst rb core in the league probably...allen robinson pick should of been a rb. Julio n mthomas could be a nasty duo though...and russell will have to be the whole team with that def getting a make over

I agree my RBs are not top quarter and possibly not top half, but worse? I will disagree.

Posted (edited)

QB: 5:15 Andrew Luck, 6:02 Alex Smith 

QB’s 16 & 17, as long as Luck is healthy they should both out preform their draft spots, “possibly challenging for one of the top duos”. I would have waited to the 7/8 turn if I would have known that Keenum & Eli would have been available. 

RB: 3:15 Ronald Jones, 7:15 Chris Thompson, 10:02 James White, 14:02 Chris Carson 

RB’s 20, 33, 44, & 55. Jones should be the lead dog in scoring in Tampa by mid season if not sooner. Thompson was RB #9 when he got injured last year. White finished as RB 40, 26, & 38 the last 3 years, so should at least hit value as #44. Carson looked good before the injury, so just need to stay off IR. There isn’t much to choose from at RB that late in the draft. Below average 

WR: 2.02 Mike Evans, 4.02 JuJu Smith-Schuster, 8.02 Calvin Ridley, 9.15 Courtland Sutton, 15.15 Tyrell Williams, 17.15 Tre’Quan Smith 

WR’s 6, 20, 43, 52, 77, 88.  Hope Evans bounces back from a down year. JuJu should improve on his good rookie year. Three rookies maybe too many, but Ridley should be one of the top rookies this year.  Probably took Sutton too early. Williams finished 43rd last year, so he is good value at #77.  If Smith can get a few big weeks from Brees that would be all I could ask for. Average with upside, depending on the rookies 

TE: 1:15 Travis Kelce, 11:15 Jake Butt

TE’s 2 & 26.  Kelce has been TE #1 the last two years.  Should give me a big advantage over most. I have taken J Butt in WSL, PDSL, & SSL. I like his upside in Denver as long as he is recovered from the knee injury, which reports look good. Or I just like big Butts. Above average, should help me with my average or below RBs & WRs.

PK: 12:02 Matt Bryant, 16:02 Daniel Carlson 

Bryant finished 1st two years ago and 8th last year.  Atlanta should improve on last year. The Vikings used a pick on one of the top kickers in the draft, so he will be given every shot at winning the job, in my opinion.  I am wondering what your opinions are on this, other than Sweet Love’s.

DEF: 13:15 Carolina, 18:02 Buffalo 

I like the Panthers early bye. Would have taken TB if Holloway hadn’t, I guess I should have taken them at 17:15.

Edited by Norseman

Posted (edited)

On 5/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, nittanylion said:

Fournette, AJ Green, Del. Walker...IMHO, that was some pretty 'steady as she goes' drafting through opening 3 Rounds...

First tough decision came at 4.06/54th overall: I could feel the QB run coming. I hate that feeling because I hate drafting QB early, and I spend a lot of time evaluating mid level QB's with upside because of it...but with 20 picks between 4.06 and 5.11, I had to consider even some of those off-premium guys might be gone, because lately, that's just how these things go. Well, first I had to see if there was anything on the board that I'd be willing to make the sacrifice for...and truthfully, there wasn't...but I decided to gamble.

So I took Marvin Jones, who is no longer a sneaky WR3 who can give you WR2 value. I think he's come into his own, and I like the 1A/1B dynamic going on with him and Tate. Marvin seems to have more best ball potential to nut out here and there, vs Tate being more of a steady eddie...if I was waiting on QB until 5.11, that's what I was going to hang my hat on. Still felt weird taking Marvin Jones mid-Round 4. I wound up getting the QB1 I wanted in Rivers. I'm really enamored with him as that guy to wait on and grab. I am every year recently, and he's been part of every committee approach I've taken for several seasons, for better or for worse. This year, I think the Chargers D is going to do him a lot of favors, and I don't think the Chargers are built to ground and pound out a lead. I think they're geared to keep scoring. Hope I'm right.

It wasn't time to take a 2nd TE with Walker already on board and no Flex, even with TE premium. I like Marvin significantly better than any other non QB drafted between him and my 5.11 Rivers...as much as I like Rivers, there are non-premium QB's I would have liked more, who didn't fall - Cousins and Big Ben...but I could have taken Brady or Brees at 4.06...

Others thoughts on 2018 Marvin Jones? 

I got my steady eddie in the 6th, with Randall Cobb. I was impressed with Adams last year, and I think Jordy being out of there actually clears up some WR roles. Cobb just screams weekly 6-77-.5 at me, for whatever reason.  Steady WR3 with periodic WR2 upside in a 16-Team format, I think. Had Alex Collins fallen to me, I would have taken him. If Robert Woods hadn't gone a pick before mine, I would have strongly considered him vs Cobb...was hoping Dion Lewis would fall to me in Rd 7. I'm excited about the talent/opportunity matrix of Royce Freeman in Denver, though. Outside of Barkley, he's the RB I'm most eager to see play pro football. Hope I'm right.

Held my breath as I watched Hogan fall. Trying to grab him everywhere in best ball.

Could be doing better, but I'm doing OK.

Since I got no feedback when I posted this last week, I'm posting it again. I'll add the rest of my Draft 9-18 later when I have a little more time.

My Team at the time I posted this was:

Philip Rivers

Leonard Fournette, Royce Freeman

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan

Delanie Walker

Edited by nittanylion

2 hours ago, nittanylion said:

Since I got no feedback when I posted this last week, I'm posting it again. I'll add the rest of my Draft 9-18 later when I have a little more time.

My Team at the time I posted this was:

Philip Rivers

Leonard Fournette, Royce Freeman

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Randall Cobb, Chris Hogan

Delanie Walker

One of the better starts IMO if Freeman is a big cog.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, nittanylion said:

Fournette, AJ Green, Del. Walker...IMHO, that was some pretty 'steady as she goes' drafting through opening 3 Rounds... Very solid first three. Much better to get one each at RB, WR and TE to allow flexibility going forward than what I began at the turn.

First tough decision came at 4.06/54th overall: I could feel the QB run coming. I hate that feeling because I hate drafting QB early, and I spend a lot of time evaluating mid level QB's with upside because of it...but with 20 picks between 4.06 and 5.11, I had to consider even some of those off-premium guys might be gone, because lately, that's just how these things go. Well, first I had to see if there was anything on the board that I'd be willing to make the sacrifice for...and truthfully, there wasn't...but I decided to gamble.

So I took Marvin Jones, who is no longer a sneaky WR3 who can give you WR2 value. I think he's come into his own, and I like the 1A/1B dynamic going on with him and Tate. Marvin seems to have more best ball potential to nut out here and there, vs Tate being more of a steady eddie...if I was waiting on QB until 5.11, that's what I was going to hang my hat on. Still felt weird taking Marvin Jones mid-Round 4. I wound up getting the QB1 I wanted in Rivers. I'm really enamored with him as that guy to wait on and grab. I am every year recently, and he's been part of every committee approach I've taken for several seasons, for better or for worse. This year, I think the Chargers D is going to do him a lot of favors, and I don't think the Chargers are built to ground and pound out a lead. I think they're geared to keep scoring. Hope I'm right. Rivers is an awesome QB for best ball, he is consistently productive and will be again in 2018. I have him at QB8 and the staffers at QB9 and you got him as the 12th QB drafted. Love that pick.

It wasn't time to take a 2nd TE with Walker already on board and no Flex, even with TE premium. I like Marvin significantly better than any other non QB drafted between him and my 5.11 Rivers...as much as I like Rivers, there are non-premium QB's I would have liked more, who didn't fall - Cousins and Big Ben...but I could have taken Brady or Brees at 4.06...

Others thoughts on 2018 Marvin Jones? Marvin is my WR22 and Staff average WR24. You took him as WR22 so decent value there. Personally I favor Fitzgerald and D. Thomas who were still on the board over Jones, but he's also a good choice there.

I got my steady eddie in the 6th, with Randall Cobb. I was impressed with Adams last year, and I think Jordy being out of there actually clears up some WR roles. Cobb just screams weekly 6-77-.5 at me, for whatever reason.  Steady WR3 with periodic WR2 upside in a 16-Team format, I think. Had Alex Collins fallen to me, I would have taken him. If Robert Woods hadn't gone a pick before mine, I would have strongly considered him vs Cobb...was hoping Dion Lewis would fall to me in Rd 7. I'm excited about the talent/opportunity matrix of Royce Freeman in Denver, though. Outside of Barkley, he's the RB I'm most eager to see play pro football. Hope I'm right.

Held my breath as I watched Hogan fall. Trying to grab him everywhere in best ball.

Could be doing better, but I'm doing OK. Great start IMO

Posted (edited)

On 5/13/2018 at 8:49 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Final product:

Agree completely with above statement.

little soft here...not sure why but it seems like PHI is unsure about JA....his carries dropped off pretty significantly in second half...I guess Clement helps with that but they may split 16 points giving you only 8 instead of the full 16 if you know what I mean, and that with Cook doing the heavy lifting...if he JA gets touches like he did in the second half, it makes the price a little steep at the top of 4th when you can get a Dion Lewis or something at the bottom of 6th....guess I am just not sold on JA in May....I'm a Blount as depth guy so I like that....

Allen is a stud.....not sure Goodwin stays numero uno with Garcon, Taylor, Kittle, and Pettis....could be a solid group if Doctson actually performs like people are drafting him and if Bryant has some of those big weeks you need....Beasley unfortunately was staple on many of my survivor teams last year and was a huge disappointment...couple bye week issues but a decent group...

Hard to pass judgement here as I know nothing about Gathers...but it seems Jimmy should be good to go in GB...

Def - Denver, Dallas 

Solid #1's at all positions....Cook needed for heavy lifting....if right about Goodwin that will be nice....looked back and it was a pretty chalk draft for you I think....not many gambles which might limit upside but could keep you above the cut line....only issue might be an injury to Cook again...good luck

Edited by Stinkin Ref

so maybe we can have a good discussion here about what I consider the 2nd group of RB1s  I think figuring out which of the following guys WONT bust is key if you get stuck with a bottom of the first round draft pick

Fournette - safe, RB1 wont share carries could hit 40 receptions. great defense.  wildcard is his foot health and Bortles.

Melvin Gordon -terrible ypc. no other competition for carries or catches. elite QB, defense is coming around. Oline health/gel ? 

Kareem Hunt- seemed uneven last year started hot/ended hot.. New QB in Mahomes. I'm personally not scared of Ware. Reid should ride him but that defense got worse...new DC though. 

Dalvin Cook - returning from an ACL injury. new QB. elite Defense should be playing with the lead. Murray is a must cuff

On 5/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, BassNBrew said:

Team BnB

agree you got caught by the trying to mess with others stuff here....with Rodgers in tow you didn't need to get cute...agree Rodgers/ASJ/Flacco would have been fine....or no Flacco and a rookie QB...

ballsy with no dart throws after round 6....Bell and Lewis could get you through the suspension...was the production from both Ingram and Kamara the norm or was it kind of fluky the way that shook out....?...

like this group except for Wright....I am not sure about Parker either, to me he is a I hope somebody else takes him so I don't have too....long term success here may depend on him having a nice year...

oof...feel your pain at TE....never seemed like a good time for one at our end of the draft and then we get stuck sometimes...will say the Doyle pick surprised me with Ebron around and Luck banged up....some think Hurst will be solid but there may be some tough weeks here...

lol assume you are talking about me with the backup PK thing, but I think sebass has a job...considering the Flacco and 3 RB think you could have rolled the dice and went solo here and Bullock could have been a dart throw at TE Jonnu Smith, Dickson, etc or a RB....

if Parker has a nice year, you might have enough to cover issues at TE.....Rodgers and Bell usually good for 50+ between them...Tanny seems like the forgotten man, but may also help when needed if Rodgers has a slow game...agreed there was some sniping on our end Shadowfax snagged a few....

10 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

so maybe we can have a good discussion here about what I consider the 2nd group of RB1s  I think figuring out which of the following guys WONT bust is key if you get stuck with a bottom of the first round draft pick

Fournette - safe, RB1 wont share carries could hit 40 receptions. great defense.  wildcard is his foot health and Bortles.

Melvin Gordon -terrible ypc. no other competition for carries or catches. elite QB, defense is coming around. Oline health/gel ? 

Kareem Hunt- seemed uneven last year started hot/ended hot.. New QB in Mahomes. I'm personally not scared of Ware. Reid should ride him but that defense got worse...new DC though. 

Dalvin Cook - returning from an ACL injury. new QB. elite Defense should be playing with the lead. Murray is a must cuff

for me...Hunt/Four/Cook/Gordon

Hunt going to carry a lot of mail in running and passing game and just think that offense will be a little more explosive with more trips to the red zone....KC dedicated almost the entire draft to defense and will be getting Berry back, signed Emerson/Fuller...so yeah losing Peters hurts and maybe some shootouts but either way Hunt on the field...so slight edge over Four....Gordon scares me this year....Cook should be fine but agree about cuffing Murray on that one...