timschochet

I worry too much. The Democrats are going to win bigly in November.

1,267 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I don’t see any empty suits showing up for the Dems unless it’s a Cuban or Tom Steyer. 

- It’s also hard to imagine Trump having the the sub-50 approval rating he has now leading to a sacrificial lamb either. He might go into 2020 with the lowest approval rating for a president seeking re-election ever, though admittedly it’s a long long long way to go. He’s obviously not FDR 36, Ike 56, Nixon 72 or Reagan 84 though.

How sweet would it be for Mark Cuban to beat Trump though (woe for the rest of us, but Cuban would think it pretty sweet)

What affiliation does Mike Bloomberg have? Though he'll probably be too old in 2020

I have a Five Guys bet that the Dems win the house this fall. I’m not confident that will cash. 

29 minutes ago, msommer said:

How sweet would it be for Mark Cuban to beat Trump though (woe for the rest of us, but Cuban would think it pretty sweet)

What affiliation does Mike Bloomberg have? Though he'll probably be too old in 2020

He's currently an I, but  I think would run as a D. He's 76, same age as Bernie.

56 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Michael Avenatti is talking about running if he doesn't think there's another candidate with a real shot to beat Trump, but he may just be trying to stay in the news cycle.

He should primary him :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Michael Avenatti is talking about running if he doesn't think there's another candidate with a real shot to beat Trump, but he may just be trying to stay in the news cycle.

I could see a scenario where Avenatti gathers and reveals so much incriminating information on the other candidates he would end up running unopposed.

18 hours ago, bradyfan said:

“...former President Barack Obama is playing Democratic power broker as he's holding secret meetings with at least nine potential challengers to the sitting president.

The would-be contenders getting one-on-one time with the former commander in chief include Senator Bernie Sanders, Senator Elizabeth Warren, former Vice President Joe Biden and former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick.

Obama is also meeting with some lesser tier contenders,...”

Link

Too much frightening talk of Hillary making another run to get through that article.   Supporting that would be the dumbest thing the Democrats could ever do.    Crap, that means that they'll probably do it.

1 person likes this

Just now, -fish- said:

Too much frightening talk of Hillary making another run to get through that article.   Supporting that would be the dumbest thing the Democrats could ever do.    Crap, that means that they'll probably do it.

I just don't see it. She's tried twice and failed. Most accounts seem to show her now content to move on. Does she really wanna go through "Lock Her Up" again? I also think the Democrats have moved on as well.

The only ones who haven't are Trump and his supporters.

2 minutes ago, packersfan said:

I just don't see it. She's tried twice and failed. Most accounts seem to show her now content to move on. Does she really wanna go through "Lock Her Up" again? I also think the Democrats have moved on as well.

The only ones who haven't are Trump and his supporters.

Then she should have stopped fundraising, right?

16 hours ago, -fish- said:

Is it possible the Hillary camp still exert some control over the DNC under their debt relief arrangement from ~2016?  I don't see why else the DNC would be interested in relitigating 2016 with the DNC/TRUMP/RUSSIA/WIKILEAKS lawsuit.  

The Strzok hearing couldn't have went any better today. Democrats are going to get demolished in November. Look so clueless and foolish. Please! Keep doing what you're doing, Dems! 

2 people like this

i agree with the BBC that this hearing was a fiasco and a bunch of grown adults acting like children.  If that's the bar for success I think there's a problem with the bar.

11 hours ago, flapgreen said:

The Strzok hearing couldn't have went any better today. Democrats are going to get demolished in November. Look so clueless and foolish. Please! Keep doing what you're doing, Dems! 

It was all a show. Democrats saw it as a big win, GOP saw it as a big win. Nothing of any substance was actually revealed. Lots of great clips for local campaign ads though. 

On 7/9/2018 at 0:48 PM, -fish- said:

I think Hillary does run again and the dems will support her, option b Sanders.

15 hours ago, flapgreen said:

That hearing was an embarrassment for both sides.  I've seen pro per family law trials where the parties acted with more respect and dignity. 

2 hours ago, Zow said:

That hearing was an embarrassment for both sides.  I've seen pro per family law trials where the parties acted with more respect and dignity. 

Ouch

I don’t think the hearings yesterday will have any bearing on the elections, nor will the indictments today. 

If, however, as some predict, there are indictments of Americans coming, who are connected with Trump in some way, and collusion with the Russians are involved- that could change things. Or if Mueller exonerates Trump. 

Those are the only two things that could have an impact IMO, so far as this investigation goes. 

Democrats need to stop this nonsense of abolishing Ice and supporting sanctuary cities or they will get their butts handed to them in November.  The public supports ICE and hates the sanctuary cities.  

2 hours ago, Zow said:

I don't know much about Trey Gowdy but the way he acted definitely left me with a negative opinion of him.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Beaker said:

Democrats need to stop this nonsense of abolishing Ice and supporting sanctuary cities or they will get their butts handed to them in November.  The public supports ICE and hates the sanctuary cities.  

It would be interesting to see some support for this statement.

3 hours ago, Zow said:

I think that comment applies to any event Louie Gohmert participates in.

5 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

It would be interesting to see some support for this statement.

Monthly Harvard-Harris Poll in June 2018.

69% people oppose abolishing ICE

84% people say sanctuary cities should end

link

28 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Ouch

Yeah.  I wasn't being hyperbolic, either.  I had to drive to a court an hour away so I listened to it on the ride there and back and was thoroughly disgusted at the lack of professionalism and decorum.  Haven't really heard too many congressional hearings but I'm crossing my fingers that this is an anomaly. 

17 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

I don't know much about Trey Gowdy but the way he acted definitely left me with a negative opinion of him.

I could have done without his indignation but he, at least, asked questions for the most point and, to an extent, let the witness answer. The pontifications without a question in sight, the unnecessary jabs (Gowdy did do this a bit, admittedly), and the outbursts from the congresspersons not asking questions at the time drove me nuts. 

12 minutes ago, Insomniac said:

I think that comment applies to any event Louie Gohmert participates in.

Yeah if he were a lawyer participating in a trial I'd serious consider filing a bar complaint against him for that undignified bull####.