Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
timschochet

I worry too much. Update: I’m feeling a lot better!

18 hours ago, NFL2DF said:

Setting aside your ego, do you still think they have a chance at picking up 20+ seats in the house?

Update?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, -fish- said:

I think I have this or a variation with 3 people.   It would be the best I've felt about losing $300.  

Do you have Venmo fish?

Hope you slept ok last night Tim.  What needed to happen, happened.  It's going to be an interesting 2 years.

24 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Hope you slept ok last night Tim.  What needed to happen, happened.  It's going to be an interesting 2 years.

I believe the balance of power is such that it will be a stagnant two years.  I believe Trump will continue to damage the Republican brand during that time and that we will see last nights results become a trend.  Then, as has happened before we will hear the predictions of the death of the GOP only to see the Democrats in unified power yet again alienate the electorate and a rise, again of the GOP as the pendulum continues to swing wildly back and forth.  We love fighting far more than unifying.

I have seen obituaries on each party over the last decade, and anticipate that this will continue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I believe the balance of power is such that it will be a stagnant two years.  I believe Trump will continue to damage the Republican brand during that time and that we will see last nights results become a trend.  Then, as has happened before we will hear the predictions of the death of the GOP only to see the Democrats in unified power yet again alienate the electorate and a rise, again of the GOP as the pendulum continues to swing wildly back and forth.  We love fighting far more than unifying.

I have seen obituaries on each party over the last decade, and anticipate that this will continue.

I don't disagree with any of this.  Even though he is wildly incapable of getting meaningful legislation passed, it's nice to know that there will now be someone there to call him on all his ethical practices as well.  I don't know how many investigations will actually be opened, but the log jam created by inaction over the last two years provides several options.  I wasn't really all that concerned with the legislative part of this whole thing.  45 and his administration have shown their ineptness on that front and proven it time after time

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

I don't disagree with any of this.  Even though he is wildly incapable of getting meaningful legislation passed, it's nice to know that there will now be someone there to call him on all his ethical practices as well.  I don't know how many investigations will actually be opened, but the log jam created by inaction over the last two years provides several options.  I wasn't really all that concerned with the legislative part of this whole thing.  45 and his administration have shown their ineptness on that front and proven it time after time

Myself, I am pleased that Trump suffered defeat, though I am certain he will not see it that way.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Myself, I am pleased that Trump suffered defeat, though I am certain he will not see it that way.

Trump is an idiot, but even he knows that last night was a huge loss.  He's going to spend the next two years fighting one investigation after another.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gopher State said:

Wow what happen to the blue wave that you were so confident about?

Nothing like doing a victory lap as soon as the race begins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Yes, we often get carried away. But us old guys have seen both parties rebound in just a few years after enormous blowout losses. Even if we chase Donald two years hence and he shreds the party's intestines on his way out, the Republicans won't be down for long. American voters are historically most opposed to the party in power, especially if it accomplishes anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Commish said:

I slept fine. I did wake up a few times to see how Harley was doing. Very happy with that result. 

8 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Trump is an idiot, but even he knows that last night was a huge loss.  He's going to spend the next two years fighting one investigation after another.  

This was the Dodds concern and why he was banking so much on the Big Reveal®. I'm not that optimistic -- he'll spend every minute he can, starting now, campaigning and trashing the Dems. And he is a dangerous and scarily effective candidate when he does stuff like that. I won't believe his defeat until the stake is figuratively through his heart and his flabby orange body crumbles into dust.

16 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I find his capacity for denial  to be one of his most prominent traits.

6 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Yes, we often get carried away. But us old guys have seen both parties rebound in just a few years after enormous blowout losses. Even if we chase Donald two years hence and he shreds the party's intestines on his way out, the Republicans won't be down for long. American voters are historically most opposed to the party in power, especially if it accomplishes anything.

I think in the short term, the Republican Party will be fine, and I wouldn’t be surprised at a 2020 Trump victory.  The most popular cable “news” network in the country is an arm of the Republican Party, and its just a fact that old white people vote.  

In the long run?  The bigotry and racist fear mongering the Republican Party has engaged in recently to elect Trump and to defend Senate seats this mid term will have devastating effects.  Younger voter and voters of color will not forget this, and a decade from now lots of Fox News voters will be dead.  As Steve Schmidt said this morning, the Republican Party has decided to take out a short term interest only mortgage, but eventually the full bill will come due.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tommyGunZ said:

I think in the short term, the Republican Party will be fine, and I wouldn’t be surprised at a 2020 Trump victory.  The most popular cable “news” network in the country is an arm of the Republican Party, and its just a fact that old white people vote.  

In the long run?  The bigotry and racist fear mongering the Republican Party has engaged in recently to elect Trump and to defend Senate seats this mid term will have devastating effects.  Younger voter and voters of color will not forget this, and a decade from now lots of Fox News voters will be dead.  As Steve Schmidt said this morning, the Republican Party has decided to take out a short term interest only mortgage, but eventually the full bill will come due.  

I would be shocked by a Trump victory.  Of course I was shocked at his first victory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I believe Trump will continue to damage the Republican brand during that time and that we will see last nights results become a trend. 

While the back in forth in your post I mostly agree with as "politics as usual" but I will never get how colossally stupid it is for the long-term goals of the Republican party to not only elect this guy but allow him to drag the entire party down with him.  I can only assume that most are hoping that they get through his term(s) and they will come out smelling ok on the other side.  Maybe they'll get some folks to return but I'm long gone - the party has continued to take on positions that I disagree with and the way many on that side has gone about things with issues like immigration and social rights is just disgusting.  Their continued support of this guy is just icing on the cake. 

31 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Wait, he's lying to us?

45 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:
1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Wait, he's lying to us?

He's lying to himself.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

Was it @roadkill1292 that cited by 2020 there will be 16m new potential voters compared to 2016?

That's a huge chunk of additional votes (in excess of 10m more than today I believe he also stated IIRC).

Obviously they have to actually vote to have a say, but the indications for this midterm in terms of new registration of young voters have to be a promising sign

40 minutes ago, msommer said:

Was it @roadkill1292 that cited by 2020 there will be 16m new potential voters compared to 2016?

That's a huge chunk of additional votes (in excess of 10m more than today I believe he also stated IIRC).

Obviously they have to actually vote to have a say, but the indications for this midterm in terms of new registration of young voters have to be a promising sign

The impact of Floridians passing Amendment 4 allowing felons who have paid their debt to society to vote after they are released is potentially huge.  Nevada and Michigan passing automatic voter registration should help in 2020 as well. 

25 minutes ago, tommyGunZ said:

The impact of Floridians passing Amendment 4 allowing felons who have paid their debt to society to vote after they are released is potentially huge.  Nevada and Michigan passing automatic voter registration should help in 2020 as well. 

I think his numbers were demographics only so FL Amendment 4 would be on top

This might be a good situation and hopefully we have a great next 2 years.  Keep Trump focused on jobs and the economy and let Dems control the house so nothing crazy happens. Hopefully they work together to make things better for all of us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

Update? 

First I am glad the Dems took back the house, but that was expected.  Not happy Dems lost ground in the senate.  For me to call it a blue wave I also wanted to see dem victories in FL, GA and SD governor races, they would of been a major embarrassment to the GOP.  In SD Sutton was ahead in the race by about 2 points.  Trump and Pence both held rallies in SD to make sure Noem won and became the first women governor, they also helped seal up the open house seat in SD.  I always felt that women and minority’s would make history in the Democratic Party, but Noem has made history in the GOP.

Don’t get me wrong a great day to be blue, but it could of been so much more.

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

I slept fine. I did wake up a few times to see how Harley was doing. Very happy with that result. 

Have they called this one yet?

Edited by Gr00vus

19 hours ago, Gopher State said:

Wow what happen to the blue wave that you were so confident about?

Hardly a blue wave but they get the House back, Senate stays red and the market doesn't tank as the pendulum swinging back is the norm. Sounds like this was probably the best outcome and better than the blue wave that had been talked about. If they won Senate as well we would be living through Russia 24/7 the next 2 years.  

3 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Hardly a blue wave but they get the House back, Senate stays red and the market doesn't tank as the pendulum swinging back is the norm. Sounds like this was probably the best outcome and better than the blue wave that had been talked about. If they won Senate as well we would be living through Russia 24/7 the next 2 years.  

We still will

i heard Nadler say they are going to go after Kavanaugh too.  We can have weeks of testimony on the Devil’s Triangle...

ideally would I would like too see this as a chance to make some moves on prison reform, infrastructure and pot legalization, but I don’t think the Ds will do any of that...

• Like 1