What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fortnite - The Game (1 Viewer)

playing fortnite is when i figured that out. the younger players are very quick to build a 50 story monument while im chillin in my 1 story flat
Never play by the other person's rules is what I explain to my wife and teammates often enough. If they go up four floors, don't follow unless if you can safely, because they want to crack you with the combat when your climbing. Low ground can still win, but you need to have X sensitivity high enough to turn fast as when they get impatient and jump down there's a good chance they are behind you. 

Also, I'm hope they bring the map back in time back to risky, greasy, anarchy or paradise, jail, containers, and all the other great locals. As a collective, our group are not fans of what they have done to the map with the ice/desert/forest corners of the map creating so much empty space no one wants to go to. Even though we love viking and west world.

playing fortnite is when i figured that out. the younger players are very quick to build a 50 story monument while im chillin in my 1 story flat
Playing with a keyboard and mouse is far better than playing with a controller. A keyboard and mouse can build that quick because the movements to build a wall are very small. Take a corner, within a very small movement you can have three pieces of wall getting constructed. Plus, when you set up your keyboard with shortcuts to work towards your advantage... game over.

Weaseled into a 3rd, which would've been a 2nd but a guy was using a glitch by the blue slurpy lake to just stay alive infinitely in the storm. 😕
Not throwing shade...

This new map is cool and something the game needed. It's fresh but also has enough throwbacks to Chapter 1 that it's familiar as well. Love the swimming and bhotes mobility, would like to see a vehicle introduced at some point too. The one thing I'm not sure of at this point is all the bots Fortnite populates each drop with now. On the one hand it's pretty easy to get to top 10 in solo/duo/squad and knock off 5-10 along the way. The downside is it's so stupid. They fire off 2-3 shots to let you know they are there, you shoot them, they turn to run away, hit a wall and you smoke them. Lather, rinse, repeat. For me it's cool because I suck so I have a chance and get some kills now but I can anyone with some talent is goign to get bored with this real quick IMO.

I have no idea what the medal, XP thing now. Confusing as hell to me.

I'm loving the new map, myself.  It's much better looking, has nice background noises like cows mooing, running water and all that. Also, climbing steeper areas no longer makes you lose your footing and slide down. The medal/XP thing seems a little simpler than the messy setup they had before, at least on first glance. 

hmmmmm.. havnt played in months maybe ill check it out. are you still required to build a skyscraper to win a fight?
Not as much but there is still some of that going on. I play a lot solo's and haven't seen it nearly as much as it used to be. I think a lot of the problem for me was I play mobile and they mixed the lobbies with console & computer so never really had a chance at the end of the last season.

This season's challenge will be all the bots Fortnite is populating into the lobby. Seems like 60/40 bots to real players right now, maybe more. I'm sure they will tweak it as the season goes on but they are everywhere now.

hmmmmm.. havnt played in months maybe ill check it out. are you still required to build a skyscraper to win a fight?
It seems like there's more natural cover. And the map is bigger with a less aggressive storm surge, which means there's more of an emphasis on separate tower-fighting than box fighting.

It seems like there's more natural cover. And the map is bigger with a less aggressive storm surge, which means there's more of an emphasis on separate tower-fighting than box fighting.
I noticed today you can actually out run the storm now which is nice for those of us that drop on the fringes and work in.

The bot issue - apparently the system is more focused on skill so when you start out you are in with mostly bots, up to 80 in a solo match. As you gain experience/skill you advance through lobbies with less bots and more live 12 year olds. Apparently I still suck because I managed back-to-back solo wins and both times the final 3 were me and 2 bots. The bots are leveled though, at the beginning of the game they meander about like zombies. By the end, they build and can actually hit some snipes. I expect this will develop over the season until at some point we are just facing off against T800's and hoping not to get lasered before we hit the ground out of the bus.

It would be nice if there was some explination of the medal awards and if you don't buy the ####### battle pass seeing the progression of levels like used to be able to. Maybe I'm missing it :shrug:

Hate this game with a passion. My son becomes a rage monster when playing it. Not sure how much money we have spent on v-bucks but its a lot.

Still playing APEX on occasion and still getting destroyed. 
Yeah same here. I really enjoy it though. I find playing Ranked is better as you get lined up with people who are around your level. Also you avoid playing with people who just screw around or go off on their own because they have skin in the game.

Yeah same here. I really enjoy it though. I find playing Ranked is better as you get lined up with people who are around your level. Also you avoid playing with people who just screw around or go off on their own because they have skin in the game.
I'm gonna try that. Getting sick of the game and feel like everyone is cheating like crazy.  Hardly anyone ever misses a single freaking shot on me. Gets old 

I'm gonna try that. Getting sick of the game and feel like everyone is cheating like crazy.  Hardly anyone ever misses a single freaking shot on me. Gets old 
Partly is our internet, but mostly it's me.  I watch my son play on the same system and controller, and he is doing damage at a couple hundred meters with a spitfire.  I came barely do damage at that range with a sniper or up close with a shotgun.  

I have found that my best games seem to come when I find a Wingman, especially now that they have a better scope.   Pair that with an R301 or a shotgun, and I am barely OK.  

Partly is our internet, but mostly it's me.  I watch my son play on the same system and controller, and he is doing damage at a couple hundred meters with a spitfire.  I came barely do damage at that range with a sniper or up close with a shotgun.  

I have found that my best games seem to come when I find a Wingman, especially now that they have a better scope.   Pair that with an R301 or a shotgun, and I am barely OK.  
I used to be much better with a spitfire but it's taken a backseat to some other guns now. Devotion, flatline, sometimes a sniper. Only chance I have at winning is getting 2 good teammates and providing cover for them. I have zero shot at doing it myself. I also try to keep everyone moving as much as I can and get positioning ahead of the storm.  If it comes down to a gunfight, I'm finished.  I can't figure out how they always see me before I see them.  It's definitely not my internet. 

I'm messed around with my sensitivity controls but still can't manage to get consistent kills. I guess I'm just too old. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Still playing APEX on occasion and still getting destroyed. 
Still playing as well, Ive gotten much better. Caustic.  Nearing 2k kills.

Flatline/301 + G7/Charge Rifle my go to.

eta - play caustic because im 100% random and fully expect to end up solo in any given game.  Can wipe full squads if I can get to a spot.   :devil:

eta - play caustic because im 100% random and fully expect to end up solo in any given game.  Can wipe full squads if I can get to a spot.   :devil:
I've tried and tried. No idea how you do it. Still get destroyed. As I stated in my previous post, my best bet is to get 2 good teammates and provide support for them with Gibraltar or Bangalore. 

I've tried and tried. No idea how you do it. Still get destroyed. As I stated in my previous post, my best bet is to get 2 good teammates and provide support for them with Gibraltar or Bangalore. 
This is basically me.  I ping enemies, give them better loot, and try my best.   

Pretty sure my Bloodhound has more top 3 finishes than kills.  :lol:

Been playing the Winter Express to try and improve my close up fighting. 
I wish they had done sort of better training game for this sort of thing.  I know a tip I read is to drop in the hot zones more to improve, but it is frustrating doing that, getting a 2020, getting killed in 2 secs, and watching the rest.  

I the end, I just have to admit I dont have the proper muscle twitch and hand/eye coordination anymore.  

I have 0 luck with energy guns.  That's what I drop and ping for teammates. 
My 9 year old is always watching videos and stuff. Found this one thing where you can go into the firing range and do something that activates the bots to shoot at you. Not ideal but they move around and try to kill you so decent practice. 

This is basically me.  I ping enemies, give them better loot, and try my best.   

Pretty sure my Bloodhound has more top 3 finishes than kills.  :lol:
Lol right. I may have 40 total wins between all of my characters in all 3 seasons. I'll have to look up the kill stats. It's pretty pathetic compared with amount of games played. I actually crossed paths with a couple guys that were really good that I played with for a while when I had the time. Made it a lot more fun communicating and joking around with the people I was playing with. 

Nice! 

I think I have 100 total for all the characters. I am the guy you probably dread seeing on your team.  

My 9 year old is always watching videos and stuff. Found this one thing where you can go into the firing range and do something that activates the bots to shoot at you. Not ideal but they move around and try to kill you so decent practice. 
I will look into that.  I saw they had a couple dummies in there and you can use any character now, but didn't know some could shoot back.  

Lol right. I may have 40 total wins between all of my characters in all 3 seasons. I'll have to look up the kill stats. It's pretty pathetic compared with amount of games played. I actually crossed paths with a couple guys that were really good that I played with for a while when I had the time. Made it a lot more fun communicating and joking around with the people I was playing with. 
I did a new profile, and did get better, but I am sure my kill rate is still well below 1/game.  :bag:

Playing with people/talking to people is definitely more fun.  Played with a buddy a couple times and it was better.  98% of the time I am by myself playing with randoms.   The few times I've bothered not muting the squad i usually regret it- constant swearing, eating, telling me I suck.  

I did a new profile, and did get better, but I am sure my kill rate is still well below 1/game.  :bag:

Playing with people/talking to people is definitely more fun.  Played with a buddy a couple times and it was better.  98% of the time I am by myself playing with randoms.   The few times I've bothered not muting the squad i usually regret it- constant swearing, eating, telling me I suck.  
Every single time. Lol. I'm like dude I know I suck. I don't spend my entire life playing video games.  I mute the squad every time now. Too annoying not to, but it makes a big difference if everyone is communicating. 

I realize I am old and stuff, but I still don't get the mentality of people swearing and telling somebody to never play the game again 'cuz they ####in' suck to somebody that they have 0 clue how old they are or who they are.  It's for sure made me have several talks with my son about playing Apex and Fortnite online.  

I realize I am old and stuff, but I still don't get the mentality of people swearing and telling somebody to never play the game again 'cuz they ####in' suck to somebody that they have 0 clue how old they are or who they are.  It's for sure made me have several talks with my son about playing Apex and Fortnite online.  
New generation. My son is nothing like that. I told him he's never allowed to talk to or unmute teammates who aren't friends of his. 

How about carrying Karma and myself on your back to a win sometime? 

Haha.. I think I read you guys are on console?  I play PC. 

Not sure I am quite carry material anyway... I'm good-ish.
I am on PS4.  I thought I heard they were doing cross-platform soon? 

One of the kids at work claimed its harder on a big screen too?  If so, i will add that to my list of excuses.... 

One of the kids at work claimed its harder on a big screen too?  If so, i will add that to my list of excuses.... 
I need as many excuses as possible.  No way I'm this bad at something.  Maybe I need a better controller. 

I'm told the PC version is much easier to aim using the mouse and is nonstop. PC guys would clean up if they were to cross-platform. 

It’s been cross platform for quite some time I thought between pc/mobile/consoles.   I know my kid was playing with ps4 friends anyways and we have Xbox.  You need an epic account to do it I believe. 

mozzy84 said:
It’s been cross platform for quite some time I thought between pc/mobile/consoles.   I know my kid was playing with ps4 friends anyways and we have Xbox.  You need an epic account to do it I believe. 
Fortnite is indeed cross platform, but Apex is not - as far as I know. I think the folks above were talking about Apex.

I think I'm done with this game. I can literally go 10 games without a single kill.  Just dont like it anymore. 

kinda confused on how to do this. i have an xbox live account tied to my fortnite through epic link. just got the son a switch and he is playing fortnite. ive loaded our main fortnite account onto his switch and trying to setup a new fortnite account on the xbox so we can squad up. is there a way to transfer the xbox live membership to a new epic account??

Users who are viewing this thread