What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf? (1 Viewer)

Is This Speaking On Someone's Behalf?

• Total voters

the lone star

Footballguy
So long story short, in my fantasy football league, a rule was written in such a way that I and at least two other people interpreted it differently from the way the commissioner intended it to be read. I wrote an email to the commissioner saying "Since I and at least two other people interpreted this rule differently, I thought I would explain how we are reading it." However, he got very angry (he has an extremely short temper and was going through a nasty divorce at the time) and proceeded to tell me that " do not speak for other people, so should not presume to."

I did not name the people who interpreted it differently, and specifically chose not to reveal their names. Also, I know they saw it my way because we all had discussions about it.

Given this set of facts, have I actually spoken on anyone's behalf?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure it matters much if a rule was misinterpreted  Sounds like it was an infraction of sorts  Guess you could consider letting these other guys know to speak up  It appears as if there imaginary at this point in time  btw It appears Bronco Billy has summed things up pretty well

I guess, technically speaking, if they asked you to speak to the commish about this, then yes.  If you are speaking for yourself and quoting them as support for your point, then no.

Quit whining. Feel free to gripe about whatever, just do it in the griping crowing whatever thread. No one cares if the commish was mean to you in a league (while going through a bad divorce, which we don’t need to know) or trades that were overturned 5 years ago. You also are very vague, maybe the rule is clear and you guys are just trying to interpret it to your advantage, but we don’t know all the facts so it’s pretty useless to answer anyway. You write these posts to try to lean it a particular way and then are surprised when everyone here doesn’t agree with you. Please continue to visit and participate in the conversations, but if you make a poll every time someone grinds your #### in ffl you’ll be starting a lot of threads. 

So long story short, in my fantasy football league, a rule was written in such a way that I and at least two other people interpreted it differently from the way the commissioner intended it to be read. I wrote an email to the commissioner saying "Since I and at least two other people interpreted this rule differently, I thought I would explain how we are reading it." However, he got very angry (he has an extremely short temper and was going through a nasty divorce at the time) and proceeded to tell me that " do not speak for other people, so should not presume to."

I did not name the people who interpreted it differently, and specifically chose not to reveal their names. Also, I know they saw it my way because we all had discussions about it.

Man, another one?  Really?

You're really looking for validation in these things and the questions are quite loaded.  Are you just screenshotting the poll results to send to him? 

Also if you're trying to make a 'long story short", writin "in my fantasy football league" doesn't help :P

Leave the poor commish alone.  Although I'm assuming that he has been remarried by now since the incident likely occurred :P

You do not seem to be emotionally equipped to handle fantasy football.

eta - nor most adult interactions for that matter.

Is this any different from when you posted this same question on a different message board three months ago? Do you just post these every once and a while when you need to feel good about yourself?

Is this any different from when you posted this same question on a different message board three months ago? Do you just post these every once and a while when you need to feel good about yourself?
I want a larger sample size. 

But that does beg the question, did your response make you feel good about yourself? Hope all is well on your end buddy.

But the use of the word "we" might imply that you did speak on someone's behalf. Not naming that just means you didn't identify them or feel the need to get super specific. 

I can see it both ways though.

Regardless, it's not anything to get angry about, that's for sure. But people do have their demons and pet peeves.

Users who are viewing this thread