Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squidrope

Blue Collar Bonaza!

11 posts in this topic

It's getting worse.  You call a "tradesman" and are lucky to get a call back after 3+ calls.   Time for the trades peeps to start charging supply and demand higher rates and end this annoying "maybe I'll call you back and maybe I'll show up" BS.  Smarten up BCG (Blue Collar Guy)  If you have a business that is successful and returns calls.  Charge (a ton) more and be available.  I ahd wished the border was closed but now I'm re-thinken.  Help me get rich by providing nothing more than what should be expected...

If I had kids I’d tell them to screw college and go learn a trade. 

5 people like this

I wish more kids would go into the trades; lower the cost of college for the rest of us.

2 people like this

My kids will go to college over my dead body!!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, squidrope said:

It's getting worse.  You call a "tradesman" and are lucky to get a call back after 3+ calls.   Time for the trades peeps to start charging supply and demand higher rates and end this annoying "maybe I'll call you back and maybe I'll show up" BS.  Smarten up BCG (Blue Collar Guy)  If you have a business that is successful and returns calls.  Charge (a ton) more and be available.  I ahd wished the border was closed but now I'm re-thinken.  Help me get rich by providing nothing more than what should be expected...

A pretty good spinoff business is an answering and scheduling service for these business.  Seriously, just returning phone calls goes a long way even if it is just to tell the customer it will be a week before you can send someone out.

I see all these little shops in terrible locations and I think, "well, this won't last long".  Dave's Drywall.  Nelson Electrical.  2 Jims Plumbing.  Well, both those Jims live in nice houses and own big boats.  :shrug: 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Scoresman said:

If I had kids I’d tell them to screw college and go learn a trade. 

Fascist!  

:grad:

8 hours ago, squidrope said:

Ya live in Florida? It’s an epidemic here, even if you get one to take on the job good luck getting them to show up consistently 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, jerry jones said:

Ya live in Florida? It’s an epidemic here, even if you get one to take on the job good luck getting them to show up consistently 

:goodposting:  Called around for sod replacement and left numerous messages.  No calls returned.  It’s bad here.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

:goodposting:  Called around for sod replacement and left numerous messages.  No calls returned.  It’s bad here.

Sent a couple emails for the same thing this weekend. Only 1 called. So much for getting multiple quotes. Might take months to do that.

2 people like this