What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who’s hottest? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Anyone have stats on which backups ended last season with the hottest hand/on the most prolific streak over the final few games?  Seems like it would be a good way to mine for sleepers coming into this season. 

I nomjnate Kenyan Drake as at least one candidate here.

- Coach Oats

Obviously this is a bit of a joke but here are some surprisingly hot guys. All of the following players were top 12 at their position in standard over the final 5 weeks:

Alex Collins, Kenyan Drake, Gio Bernard, Dion Lewis, Keelan Cole, Nelson Agholar, Marquise Goodwin. 

The folloring were top 6: 

Eric Ebron, Ben Watson, Jameis Winston, Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles.

These are typically players I tend to avoid if it can be helped.  Most of the time they are players who had an injury ahead of them, got limited snaps and caught lightning in a bottle but don't hold up under normal circumstances.  Kenyon Drake is a great example of the hot hand in the last ~6 weeks or so.  I don't expect him to carry a full workload or be anywhere near as electric as he was in those last ~6 games.  Not the typical guys I like to roster and I'd gladly flip them as they're value is usually inflated because people believe they can do it all year long when they can't.  

Agholor wasn't a hot hand IMO because he did it all year long.  Some boom weeks some not so boom but he was pretty consistent all year long.  4-5 catches, 50ish yards and TD on average.  

Alex Collins production per touch dropped as he shifted into the feature role (which was to be expected) but despite that, and his troubling history with fumbles, I would be buying on him all day, every day.

Alex Collins production per touch dropped as he shifted into the feature role (which was to be expected) but despite that, and his troubling history with fumbles, I would be buying on him all day, every day.
Either they have faith in Collins, or really think they have something in Dixon, because they haven’t done much to address the position. Allen is an underrated 3rd down guy. I don’t own Collins anywhere, but I’d still worry a little that Dixon comes into camp healthy and hungry. He keeps getting mentioned by the coaching staff. 

Obviously this is a bit of a joke but here are some surprisingly hot guys. All of the following players were top 12 at their position in standard over the final 5 weeks:

Alex Collins, Kenyan Drake, Gio Bernard, Dion Lewis, Keelan Cole, Nelson Agholar, Marquise Goodwin. 

The folloring were top 6: 

Eric Ebron, Ben Watson, Jameis Winston, Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles.
The bolded is a good one. Expecting big things. 

Users who are viewing this thread