What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

brohans lets talk about tacos (1 Viewer)

SWC

Bromigo
i like a lot of things but one thing i really like is tacos i think my favorite is carnitas on a soft shell flower shell and for toppings i do red onion that you just cut up and put some real lime juice like from a lime not a plastic lime and sea salt on and then fresh cut discs of jalapeno that right there brohans and a pacifico is pretty magnifico if you know what i mean so what do you brohans think about tacos take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
i like a lot of things but one thing i really like is tacos i think my favorite is carnitas on a soft shell flower shell and for toppings i do red onion that you just cut up and put some real lime juice like from a lime not a plastic lime and sea salt on and then fresh cut discs of jalapeno that right there brohans and a pacifico is pretty magnifico if you know what i mean so what do you brohans think about tacos take that to the bank bromigos 
what kind of flower? I usually get my carne asada in a tulip, but chicken goes better with carnations.

Lengua or Cabrito with onion, cilantro, lime, and jalapenos. On nice thick charred corn tortillas.
that sounds like a spicy little concoction and i salute you mr swanson i am honored to have your neat contribution to this thread take that to the bank bromigo 

what kind of flower? I usually get my carne asada in a tulip, but chicken goes better with carnations.
see the thing is i am not what you would call a strong speller take that to the bank bromigo now how about giving up the goods and posting your secret taco recipie on here or what 

I personally like straight ground beef tacos with cheese and lettuce, my friend. Anything other than that is hi-falutin, anything lower uncivilized.  
thats a downtown taco for sure bromigo some days when i am feeling that way i will go full ortega the key is to hang the taco shells upside down on your oven rack with the heat set at about 175 or 225 if your oven actually does what it says unlike my pile of crap and heat the shells up it makes a dif in my opinion take that to the bank brohan 

I do love me some tacos, and I have to admit that the grilled gourmet tacos at Rubio's are what we call "cocaine tacos" in my house.  Get one steak and 1 shrimp and you are good to go.  That said, I also love to hit the local Paco's Tacos for a few mini aldobada tacos on Taco Tuesday, brohan.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
I make a pretty killer pastor. 

Served with red onion, cilantro on corn tortillas. Little squeeze of lime on there. heaven. 
pork shoulder is not an epic problem if you know what i mean brohan i salute you and thanks for your neat thoughts take that to the bank 

I do love me some tacos, and I have to admit that the grilled gourmet tacos at Rubio's are what we call "cocaine tacos" in my house.  Get one steak and 1 shrimp and you are good to go.  That said, I also love to hit the local Paco's Tacos for a few mini aldobada tacos on Taco Tuesday, brohan.
when i think of tacos the one thing that does not come to mind is ohio so you just blew my mind right off i think the lesson here is that no matter where you go the one constant through all the years like an army of steamrollers is tacos take that to the bank bromoonlightgrahamos 

my backup go to is some fried wild icelandic cod on corn tortillas with a apple,cabbage,carrot and jalapeno slaw
up here in scanny they would probably call that the ole and sven special but it bet it is good i will put that one on my neat list and give it a shot i might put it on a flower tortilla though because that is the way of the brohan take that to the bank brotacochacho 

The little street style tacos. Fish, Chicken, Pork, Carne, don’t really discriminate. Some finely diced onions, extra cilantro, a bit of pico and then various hot sauces. Pretty much a perfect meal. 

Don’t get me started on Mexican rice, one of my favorite foods. Mix in some guac and some hot sauce. So good.

made three the other night when i was drunk from sorrow over losing my avatar and cooked up some crabcakes in the oven and put them on flour tortilla and mashed them up real good it was awesome

• Smile
We have a pretty good fish taco recipe with marinated tilapia and a spicy southwestern sauce.  I tried to navigate that landmine of posting as best I could.  Take that to the taco truck, amigos.

• Smile
shrimp, fish, carne asada, pastor, pollo asado.... soft tacos with either flour or white corn.  pico, guac, crema, cilantro, lime, cotija

mmmmmmmmmm ........ tacos

if you had some scratch made Carne Adovada (made with REAL peppers), on some beauty corn tortillas, pickled red onion and fresh avocado...

You'd be hardpressed to find a better meal. 

Basic ground beef, shredded cheese, lettuce and chopped tomatos in a crispy shell. Add red or green chili sauce to taste. Using a soft tortilla to me is in enchilada or burrito country. 

Never had them like this
I charred corn torts for lunch today before this thread popped up. You can hit them with a torch or drop them over the open flame on a stove, moving them as necessary. Great toasty and charred flavors this way. Preserves the soft taco style while adding to it. 

Oh today's lunch was left over tri tip turned into simple tacos. Diced spiced and charred the meat in olive oil. Stuffed it in the charred tortillas with fresh diced tomato onion and cilantro, thin sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime. Slow cooking some chicken with a can of chipotles in adobo to get through this stack of fresh torts. 

All tacos are good but al pastor is best. 
I was talked into a highly rated Lebanese restaurant recently... against my wishes. I wanted tacos not baba ganoush tabouleh and falafel. It just sounds awful. The special? Tacos al pastor made from their shawarma. So good. I won.

• Smile
I was talked into a highly rated Lebanese restaurant recently... against my wishes. I wanted tacos not baba ganoush tabouleh and falafel. It just sounds awful. The special? Tacos al pastor made from their shawarma. So good. I won.
Yes, the al pastor is Mexican dish but clearly with lineage from the Middle East. Also, have you really never had Middle Eastern food? It's some of the best. 

My go-to, at home on the Weber, is simply flank steak, corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, onion, jalapeno, and a little crema. Pico, if I have time to make it.

We have a little taqueria here that is my favorite place to eat at when I have time to get there. Carnitas, pastor, chorizo, lengua, I don't really care, but they have a topping bar with the best #### ever. They call it Fiesta Cabbage, Cabbage y Habanero, whatever. I'd kill to be able to do what they do with cabbage, radishes, and chiles at home. When I go there, it's 6-7 of those puppies and a few Pacifico's, and call it a day. I bring others and make sure they know not to look at the menu. Just get the tacos.

Since I turned 50, and my father died of a heart attack at 57, and my mom suffered from small vessel disease and recently died at 75, I converted to the Mediterranean diet 14 months ago. 

So, my current favorite taco is a Mediterranean taco (usually minus the chicken), and I've learned to love it. Take that to the bank and not to the cath lab or morgue, brohans over 50 or anyone with a ####ty family medical history like mine.   

• Smile
Since I turned 50, and my father died of a heart attack at 57, and my mom suffered from small vessel disease and recently died at 75, I converted to the Mediterranean diet 14 months ago. 

So, my current favorite taco is a Mediterranean taco (usually minus the chicken), and I've learned to love it. Take that to the bank and not to the cath lab or morgue, brohans over 50 or anyone with a ####ty family medical history like mine.   
Without the chicken is any part of that thing heated?

At home, I tend to stick with the standard ground beef variety.  I use a ton of toppings...lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, green pepper, red pepper, jalapenos, refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, cheddar cheese are the standards.  Usually use hard corn shell, but with all that stuff I typically break up the shells, pile it all on the plate and eat it as more of a taco salad. 

• Smile
marinated, bbq'd, diced tri-tip on lightly toasted CORN tortillas.  cheese, pico de gallo   garnish with lime and cilantro

Users who are viewing this thread