What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My right to express myself... (1 Viewer)

Fred Lane

Footballguy
...that the over-moderation this is done on this site is ridiculously idiotic.

I get a warning point and my previous avatar removed as being too risqué, and  yet it was a pic that I had pulled from ESPN.com.  A warning point? Are you f-ing serious?!?

The moderators on here are really going overboard.

Let's see this post get pulled, since they probably don't take criticism too well either, I am pretty certain...

I don't think you have "rights" on a private message board on internet. Maybe one of our resident lawyers can weigh in...
From a legal perspective, you are right as far as the board goes.  They could take down the whole board and no one has a right to make them put it back up.  But I still have the right of expression.  I could go elsewhere with my opinion and they could not block that.  I choose to put it here because I think the process was handled improperly.

It just seems a bit more professional to send me a pm asking me to replace the avatar to avoid potentially offending others, but the approach they took is unwarranted in my opinion, based on the content...

From a legal perspective, you are right as far as the board goes.  They could take down the whole board and no one has a right to make them put it back up.  But I still have the right of expression.  I could go elsewhere with my opinion and they could not block that.  I choose to put it here because I think the process was handled improperly.

It just seems a bit more professional to send me a pm asking me to replace the avatar to avoid potentially offending others, but the approach they took is unwarranted in my opinion, based on the content...
Let's go with that.

...that the over-moderation this is done on this site is ridiculously idiotic.

I get a warning point and my previous avatar removed as being too risqué, and  yet it was a pic that I had pulled from ESPN.com.  A warning point? Are you f-ing serious?!?

The moderators on here are really going overboard.

Let's see this post get pulled, since they probably don't take criticism too well either, I am pretty certain...
Perhaps you should visit one of the threads where they actively take criticism and find out... 

He should get a warning before he gets a warning point?
Yeah, it's quite simple. Send a PM. Hey, the avatar you've used for five years is no longer appropriate. 

I know Fred Lane's avatar. It was hot. They've gone all puritan on us. 

It's sad and disgusting. I'm personally sick of Joe's whims. 

I might leave, too, though I won't announce it and it's not much of a threat. I just can't abide this garbage. 

Yeah, it's quite simple. Send a PM. Hey, the avatar you've used for five years is no longer appropriate. 

I might leave, too, though I won't announce it and it's not much of a threat. I just can't abide this garbage. 
I guess.  I just think it's a little funny to complain about a warning point as if that was something that mattered.

Thought and prayers to @Fred Lane. This must be a very trying time. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. 
When you've been a part of a community with standards for this long and the standards not only change, but change 180 because of some religious impulse, you have a right to ask questions when reprimanded. It's a joke.  

it wasn't an actual warning. that's just the way the message was delivered.

note said "Hi Fred, I know it's tame by internet standards, but can you please pick a more G rated avatar. Thanks."

carry on.
Then I don't have an issue with that, if it doesn't come with a completely unnecessary warning...

My avatar was removed as well. The day before Joe's post went up.  Mine came from a link in a forum post so I thought that was odd given the pic was linked in a thread right here on FBG. That thread was one of the first one's purged however. I didn't lose any points, though, just my wonderful avatar. :(

My avatar was removed as well. The day before Joe's post went up.  Mine came from a link in a forum post so I thought that was odd given the pic was linked in a thread right here on FBG. That thread was one of the first one's purged however. I didn't lose any points, though, just my wonderful avatar. :(
yours was a bit embarassing to have show up at work IMO

so is yours :P

jk

I agree regarding mine. It was there for 4 months, though, but i understand it was pushing the envelope.
Mine barely lasted four years before getting the cut.  Guess I'll have to go pack to posting "Who's <not> hottest?..."

so is yours :P

jk

I agree regarding mine. It was there for 4 months, though, but i understand it was pushing the envelope.
I kept thinking about saying something but didn't get around to it. Was kind of on borrowed time from the start.

Didn't Joe relent and say we could post picture of a doll's ankle? Golly, that would surely be the bees knees!

So instead of announcing you’re leaving you’re announcing you might be leaving?   Seems reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread