What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mosquito Contol - Thermacell Any good?? (1 Viewer)

berndog

Footballguy
We are nearing the time of year where the skeeters make it tough to be outside after dark.  I would love to find something that would allow my wife to sit outside and not get chowed. 

Any FBG's try this thermacell gadget and like to weigh in on its effectiveness?

Orkin does a monthly spraying for mosquitoes. Apparently, mosquitoes have a very limited range that they fly so the spray eliminates any chance for them to breed on your property. It's offered from April to October and runs $60/month where we live (1/2 acre lot).

Possibly the best $60 we spend. With kids and wanting to be outside, especially as it stays lighter for longer during the summer, it's amazing.

As the weather conditions have to be ideal for him to spray (minimal wind, no upcoming rain) occasionally it gets pushed back a day or two and we can tell immediately when it's time for an application. And no mosquitoes ever get in our house either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found Thermocell to be very effective for an approximate 15 feet around.  We put it under the table we sit at on our deck and we aren't bothered by mosquitos.  I live near Madison, WI and our mosquitos have landing lights.  Also took the Thermocell to northern WI and it worked on the black flies too.

Yes it is as I don't have a screened in porch

As far as spraying the yard goes,  I have looked into it but try to use no or very limited pesticides in the yard. 
One of the big reasons that fireflies are going extinct is because they share habitats with mosquitoes, and pesticides meant for mosquitoes kill fireflies too. I'd rather just spray on some repellent.

One of the big reasons that fireflies are going extinct is because they share habitats with mosquitoes, and pesticides meant for mosquitoes kill fireflies too. I'd rather just spray on some repellent.
Nooooo

Damn mosquitoes.  Have they done anything good for mankind!?!??!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thermacell is good if there is no wind. It is not a 100% fix for skeeters in my experience 

Gonna give these a shot. My deck is so bad we can't use it. I have nothing but woods around me

Users who are viewing this thread