What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

High School student suspended for repeatedly wearing Confederate flag sweatshirt (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
A Big Sky High School student was suspended from school Tuesday for repeatedly wearing a Confederate flag sweatshirt, despite the administration’s requests that he take it off.

Mitchell Ballas, 17, said he’s wearing the sweatshirt to stand up for students’ First Amendment rights to freedom of speech. After one of his friends at Big Sky was asked not to wear a Confederate flag hat, Ballas bought the sweatshirt and began wearing it to school every day.

“I know what the school is doing is wrong,” Ballas said. “I’m doing everything in my legal right to wear this sweatshirt. The school is in the wrong for saying they can dictate me wearing this sweatshirt. They're saying it’s offending kids and it’s derogatory and all that, but it's not. It's my First Amendment right.”
http://missoulian.com/news/local/big-sky-high-school-student-suspended-for-repeatedly-wearing-confederate/article_c0c79368-735e-5a66-9baa-8d2db4670137.html

Maybe he should take the class that actually explains the 1st amendment to him. He may be free from prosecution but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread