What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most wholesome thing you've done this week? (1 Viewer)

Hilts

Footballguy
In an effort to appease our newest Joe and his newest standards, I thought we could discuss all the wholesome things we've done this week. 

I fed some ducks, geese, and some other strange looking waterfowl. 

Guy asking for money on the subway was a victim of an acid attack. Don't know if he couldn't talk, which is a possibility, he just had a sign with a description of acid attacks - I could hardly look at the guy, he barely looked like a person, felt terrible for him... Gave him $100 - he looked at it and moved along very quickly to the next subway car. Didn't even say thanks, prob thought it was a mistake on my part.

I had a long talk with a buddy who's been struggling for years to help his autistic daughter. She has regressed to the point where they can't really take her out in public. He's feeling pretty dejected at this point. We talked for a while and prayed together. I was glad I could be there to lend some support. 

Guy asking for money on the subway was a victim of an acid attack. Don't know if he couldn't talk, which is a possibility, he just had a sign with a description of acid attacks - I could hardly look at the guy, he barely looked like a person, felt terrible for him... Gave him $100 - he looked at it and moved along very quickly to the next subway car. Didn't even say thanks, prob thought it was a mistake on my part.
You just got duped by acid attack guy.

Good for you though... I've never given somebody I don't recognize more than twenty.

My 82 year old mom is selling her house in portugal.

I took off a few days from work and left my wife and kids for 5 days to bring her here and drive her all over the place with her 75 year old sister.

Its like driving miss daisy x 2 as they bicker all day long. 

I made the sacrifice to have some time away from the day to day in a beautiful country eating amazing sea food and drinking all day/night long.

This is so hard on me

ETA: Im in a beautiful beach region.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dug a hole. Some. 

I mean, I dug it all the way, but it was just a little hole for a plant. 

The route on the street I usually take walks along can get pretty crowded this time of year with bullfrogs. In the night they like to sit in the middle of the road. As I was walking tonight, I saved 4 from sure death just sitting waiting to get run over and pushed/tossed them into the nearby grass.

The route on the street I usually take walks along can get pretty crowded this time of year with bullfrogs. In the night they like to sit in the middle of the road. As I was walking tonight, I saved 4 from sure death just sitting waiting to get run over and pushed/tossed them into the nearby grass.
I love animals. This is something I would do as well...,

But as I reflected on it later that evening I would wonder if I did their gene pool any favors.

What do you think?

I do this with nightcrawlers I see on the sidewalk when I'm out for a run. They get there during a rainstorm and then start to cook when the sun comes out. I'll put them in a shady spot in the grass so they can recover.

I do this with nightcrawlers I see on the sidewalk when I'm out for a run. They get there during a rainstorm and then start to cook when the sun comes out. I'll put them in a shady spot in the grass so they can recover.
My dog prefers them this way for a pick me up snack during walks.

I counseled a woman about our state scholarship program and her daughters designation as a transfer vs ftic student. She was so confused and by the time we were finished she had her papers in order, her deadlines written down, with a plan to get stuff turned in, and she cried. Asked for a picture with me. That was pretty wholesome. 

Couple times a week I drive through a random fast food place and get a meal for a homeless person around the medical center.  In the summer I buy a big thing of bottled waters to hand out at random stoplights.

Not sure if fast food is doing them a favor or not, but I trust it more than handing them a few bucks.  The waters always evoke gratitude.

I get a kick out of it.

I was a guest at a wedding last night. Really nice shindig for about 150 people at a home/ranch owned by the friends of the bride & groom. After the ceremony, everyone headed back to the [hosted] bar before dinner, only to find the two bartenders had bailed out before the event had begun....and after the father of the groom had tippped them $100 each in case they didn’t get tipped in the course of their shift. 

Watching 80 or so people standing in line for drinks, and no one serving them, my brother and I hopped behind the bar and started cranking out cocktails, wine, and beers for the crowd, thinking the bartenders were on break or something. Fast forward 6+ hours, and we were still there pouring drinks for the guests until the DJ played his last song. Helluva night. And pretty fun. 

Sat in the backyard last night making s'mores with the family. Nothing like a fire when it's 90 degrees outside. The marshmallows are cooked before you get them near the flame.

I was a guest at a wedding last night. Really nice shindig for about 150 people at a home/ranch owned by the friends of the bride & groom. After the ceremony, everyone headed back to the [hosted] bar before dinner, only to find the two bartenders had bailed out before the event had begun....and after the father of the groom had tippped them $100 each in case they didn’t get tipped in the course of their shift. 

Watching 80 or so people standing in line for drinks, and no one serving them, my brother and I hopped behind the bar and started cranking out cocktails, wine, and beers for the crowd, thinking the bartenders were on break or something. Fast forward 6+ hours, and we were still there pouring drinks for the guests until the DJ played his last song. Helluva night. And pretty fun. 
Hero stuff here. That family will remember you forever for saving the day. 

Helped a guy load an assembled grill into his pickup at the Home Depot.  Wasn’t even prompted.  When I asked, he said he didn’t need help, but I was on my way there when he said he was OK, only for me to have to help him save it from going over when he tried it solo.  So, yeah, he did.

Took the shirt off my back.  Buddy of mine commented he loved a shirt I had so I gave it to him (Waylon Jennings shirt) as we got ready to hit the local dive bar.

Put on my David Allen Coe for President shirt instead

Users who are viewing this thread