What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chase Edmonds, TB (1 Viewer)

Cardinals declared WR KeeSean Johnson, RB David Johnson (ankle), RB Alfred Morris, RB D.J. Foster (hamstring), OL Lamont Gaillard, DL Michael Dogbe and DL Zach Allen (shoulder) inactive for Week 8 against the Saints.

Johnson is also expected to miss the Cardinals' Thursday night matchup against the 49ers. Chase Edmonds and recently-signed RB Zach Zenner will be the offense's only two active RBs with Morris and Foster also sidelined.
Odd that only 2 backs are active and it's Zenner over Morris.

Sorry everyone. I decided to switch him in last minute for Melvin Gordon. This has been the absolute worse season I’ve had in 20+ years playing as far as my decisions and the outcomes as far as I can remember. 

Cardinals RB Chase Edmonds (hamstring) is questionable to return Sunday.

Edmonds suffered the injury in the third quarter and was spotted badly limping on the sidelined. Zach Zenner is the only active RB remaining with David Johnson (ankle) and D.J. Foster (hamstring) inactive. Edmonds was held in check before departing, posting 7-8-0 rushing and 2-5-0 receiving lines.

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter.

Oct 27, 2019, 3:19 PM ET

Just glad it’s a hammy. Hopefully a couple weeks of rest and he’s back to being a nice flex even if DJ is healthy. 

Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if he sat against the 49ers,  but the bigger issue is that he may have missed a chance to stake a majority claim in the backfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you started Tevin the week! Huge move. 
Absolutely. I acquired him to become my RB2 after I traded Fournette a couple of weeks ago for Hopkins (had Breida as my RB2 for a couple of weeks). I was actually out today with some peeps from my league, and the guy I traded with joined us... I covered his tab today.

Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if he sat against the 49ers,  but the bigger issue is that he may have missed a chance to stake a majority claim in the backfield.
That never existed. He could have absolutely earned a significant role(40%), and likely still has earned a decent workload(30%), but a healthy Johnson owns this backfield until he's no longer on the roster.

At this point, I'm not expecting either to be playing week 9, anybody's guess who makes it back first, though hamstrings worry me a ton with quickness based guys. If I had to guess, I'd bet on Johnson being on the field sooner, but that is 100% speculation.

So is Zenner the lead dog Thursday night?
I saw something earlier that DJ was expected to sit Thursday no matter what for an extra week off before reevaluating things, but that those plans might be revisited and he could possibly be thrown into action Thursday. Who knows how legit that is and if even possible with his injuries and I do not remember where I saw it, sorry. If I come across it I will post it. 

That never existed. He could have absolutely earned a significant role(40%), and likely still has earned a decent workload(30%), but a healthy Johnson owns this backfield until he's no longer on the roster.
Perhaps not, but it’s all speculation either way. For all we know, Edmonds may be evolving as the primary ball carrier with DJ primarily being split out side.

Perhaps not, but it’s all speculation either way. For all we know, Edmonds may be evolving as the primary ball carrier with DJ primarily being split out side.
I think that particular speculation is silly. I've seen it from a few different places, and it just doesn't make sense. Johnson is as good as any RB in the NFL at receiving, but he's not a WR, and now especially with Christian Kirk back, that would be a waste of resources. 

You can certainly split Johnson out and have Edmonds in the backfield for several plays a game. Maybe 8-10? But it'd be a huge mistake to make that a full time alignment, even 25% would be a waste. Part of what makes Johnson such a valuable pass catcher is him getting matched up with LB's, and S's, with a head of steam already built up. Coming from a full stop against CB's(or S's) is another matter altogether. 

I like Edmonds, I really do, but the most likely scenario going forward(when both are healthy) is what we saw in the 2 games prior to the Giants game. Which was about a 70-30 split in favor of Johnson. 

ETA: The days of Johnson getting a McCaffrey-like snap share, are certainly over, Edmonds has done more than enough to stop that, as has Johnson's health, but I think people have been a little to quick thinking a changing of the guard is happening. 

They play San Fran. Surely we all have better starts than any of the AZ backfield?
I was hesitant to do it against NO but felt he was my best option out of Breida and Lindsay (not a lot of difference there and I got steamrolled by Goff, Kupp, Edelman, Cook, and Mack yesterday anyway).

But there was no way I was starting him against SF.

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said there's "definitely concern" that Chase Edmonds (hamstring) won't play in Week 9 against the 49ers.

The Cardinals play on Thursday night, giving Edmonds just four days to get cleared. That puts him on the wrong side of questionable after not returning from his hamstring injury in Sunday's loss. With David Johnson (ankle) also sidelined, the Cardinals may have to turn to a committee of Alfred Morris and Zach Zenner.

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 28, 2019, 8:52 AM ET

I'm contemplating dropping Edmonds (in redraft) now.  Not willing to hold on to him through this injury only to split time with DJ and Drake.  

Adding Drake kills his redraft value, although I'm still bullish in dynasty leagues. I think the move says a lot about DJ's health

Dynasty wise, does this kill him for you?

I need a QB and got offered Brees by the DJ owner.  Bout to pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread