What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chase Edmonds, TB (3 Viewers)

Edmonds out a few weeks... he's done being relevant this season with Drake coming on board

CHASE EDMONDSRB, ARIZONA CARDINALS

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Chase Edmonds (hamstring) is likely to miss "a few weeks."

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 28, 2019, 2:23 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
So knowing he’ll most likely be out for a few weeks is chase a hold or drop? 

Funny how quickly things change. I was just advocating not moving him for anything less than a WR1...

Gold Fox said:
I'm contemplating dropping Edmonds (in redraft) now.  Not willing to hold on to him through this injury only to split time with DJ and Drake.  
I am possibly doing the same...someone had dropped Samuels and I have Conner getting banged up every week.

Some tough games, SF twice, Pitt once and a bye in the next 6 weeks. Plus competition from Drake, maybe DJ. I think Edmunds benefited from the system, facing stacked fronts almost never. He did well for 3 weeks against some bad defenses, Atl, Cin, NYG. Tough to drop someone who did so well, but there are bye week needs. And the hammy issue could linger or reemerge.

Sad trombone. He was so good for such a short time. Like a moth to the bug zapper, we hardly knew ye, Edmonds.

i tried to acquire him in dynasty but the asking price was ridiculous so I backed off.

dodged a bullet. 

SoBeDad said:
Some tough games, SF twice, Pitt once and a bye in the next 6 weeks. Plus competition from Drake, maybe DJ. I think Edmunds benefited from the system, facing stacked fronts almost never. He did well for 3 weeks against some bad defenses, Atl, Cin, NYG. Tough to drop someone who did so well, but there are bye week needs. And the hammy issue could linger or reemerge.
I think he’s probably droppable in redraft. He’s a few weeks from healthy, and then they’ll have DJ, Drake & Edmonds. If it was just DJ/Edmonds, Edmonds is probably flex-worthy. With Drake in the mix, yeesh. 

that all said, if you’ve got the roster spot to play with, there’s always the chance that DJ is more hurt than the cards are letting on. That’s a low % chance but there is the chance. Of course then all you need is Edmonds hammy to heal up & Drake to not run away with the job and DJ to not come back. But otherwise, piece of cake, right?  :unsure:

Chase was dropped yesterday in my main redraft.  Short bench league (9 start, 6 bench), so I don't think I will pick up even over my rotating cast of misfits (already carrying at RB on the bench Jam. Williams, R. Jones II, Dar. Henderson, Dar. Williams.  I missed out on his initial availability, and now there's not enough time or space left to carry him.

I dropped him for Mark Walton just now.  Sure, MIA sucks, but I'd rather have a team's healthy starter vs an injured player with an unknown role when he finally returns

I dropped him as well in redraft and holding onto DJ. I think at this point, DJ might be closer to play than Edmonds. Who knows. 

Dropping him for Penny, anything happens to Carson he could feast. Although I don't like their schedule that much.

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Chase Edmonds (hamstring) won't play in Week 9 against the 49ers.

Edmonds is still expected to miss a "few weeks" before returning. With Kenyan Drake involved "in some capacity" in a "running back by committee" with Zach Zenner and Alfred Morris, all three need to have their expectations tempered whether David Johnson (ankle) plays or not. Drake remains the safest of the bunch while Edmonds is sidelined.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Oct 30, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

I continue to struggle in deciding if I want to keep him rostered with only 17 roster spots. He is out week 9, a Bye week 12 and a not too friendly schedule coming up. Add to that, that DJ will be back and Drake there now and I see less reason to keep him. 

Give me some reasons to keep or drop please. Thanks everyone!!

I continue to struggle in deciding if I want to keep him rostered with only 17 roster spots. He is out week 9, a Bye week 12 and a not too friendly schedule coming up. Add to that, that DJ will be back and Drake there now and I see less reason to keep him. 

Give me some reasons to keep or drop please. Thanks everyone!!
I see little reason to keep him for all the very reasons you state. In a few weeks, if nobody else scoops him up, then by all means re-add him. The same reason you don't want to hold him (roster space) is the same reason nobody else will as well. Also, you can safely drop him before tonights game nobody else can pick him up and if you REALLY want him re-add him next week.

I see little reason to keep him for all the very reasons you state. In a few weeks, if nobody else scoops him up, then by all means re-add him. The same reason you don't want to hold him (roster space) is the same reason nobody else will as well. Also, you can safely drop him before tonights game nobody else can pick him up and if you REALLY want him re-add him next week.
Very true......excellent response! 

I had not stated, but it may not matter here, but we can keep 2 running backs for next year. I doubt he will be one of them I keep as I have Connor, KarryOn, Guice,Singletary too.

Dropped him (Have DJ) needed a TE for Hooper's bye (redraft).  May pick him up again if he available.  Only 6 bench players and I can't afford to hold him.

Dropped him (Have DJ) needed a TE for Hooper's bye (redraft).  May pick him up again if he available.  Only 6 bench players and I can't afford to hold him.
That is perfectly reasonable. To be honest, and I say this even though I have been impressed by Edmonds this year, but when he comes back, I don't think its out of the question he's 3rd string. 

Chase Edmonds (hamstring) did not participate in practice Wednesday.

Edmonds is expected to miss a "few weeks", so it will very likely be David Johnson and Kenyan Drake as Arizona's main backs for Week 10. With Drake in town, Edmonds isn't likely to have a major role when he gets healthy. The Cardinals have the 49ers in Week 11 and a bye in Week 12.

SOURCE: Cardinals on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 9:38 PM ET

I am of the belief that DJ can't make it through a season without injury and that DJ's Wrist/Ankle/ Back will shelf him again before season's end ....come fantasy playoff time ARZ will be running out a 50/50 split of Drake & Edmonds IMHO

Feel bad for the kid. Has a lot of talent but may have blown his big opportunity in Arizona. He may have a shot next year at meaningful playing time, but only if Drake signs elsewhere. 

Definite hold in dynasty. DJ is a shell of his former self and Drake will get more $ elsewhere. I agree that in redraft, he may not be much ROY. The Cards aren't going to pay Drake top $ knowing that they have Edmonds in the fold. I think they value him a lot.

Feel bad for the kid. Has a lot of talent but may have blown his big opportunity in Arizona. He may have a shot next year at meaningful playing time, but only if Drake signs elsewhere. 
With what the Cardinals owe DJ and with Edmonds around I think the odds Drake is on the Cardinals next season are very slim.

With what the Cardinals owe DJ and with Edmonds around I think the odds Drake is on the Cardinals next season are very slim.
One would think, although we've seen that the FA demand for most RBs not named Le'veon Bell, or other guys of that ilk, is not large. He could end up back in Arizona on a cheap one or two year deal if there isn't hot demand for his services.

With a few weeks passing, does anyone have any new info on Edmonds?  With DJ seemingly falling out of the picture, do you think Edmonds will share time with Drake?  He is available in my league and I could grab him and put him on IR through his bye week 12, but eventually I'd have to drop J. Williams who is also in a time share, but the definite #2.  Ultimately, I'm looking for an upgrade to my flex, RoJo.  I also just picked up Slayton with the same thought, but I'd rather have a RB in there unless the WR is on fire.

Definite hold in dynasty. DJ is a shell of his former self and Drake will get more $ elsewhere. I agree that in redraft, he may not be much ROY. The Cards aren't going to pay Drake top $ knowing that they have Edmonds in the fold. I think they value him a lot.
This. Sad but true for DJ. Chase might even fight his way to the lead role this season if he can get healthy over the bye week. League rules and where you are likely decide if that's a hold you can afford. His potential for late value is much higher than anything other than full on cuffs in my FA pool.

Cardinals returned to practice today and looked like just about everyone was there and Chase Edmonds looks like he’ll be ready to go this week per Bob McManaman

I love DJ. Will always defend him and probably be too biased sometimes but I think he's just a guy that has been a lot more injured than he is willing to gripe about and he needs an off-season.  He's been on such a bad team and took a beating for a while that he needs a change get of venue.  I kind of hope they decide to keep Drake and Chase and DJ can go so where else.  Send him to Tampa or new England next year and I'd take him all day long.  

The NFL is just a weird business where things move fast.  But players go through good and bad times.  

I love DJ. Will always defend him and probably be too biased sometimes but I think he's just a guy that has been a lot more injured than he is willing to gripe about and he needs an off-season.  He's been on such a bad team and took a beating for a while that he needs a change get of venue.  I kind of hope they decide to keep Drake and Chase and DJ can go so where else.  Send him to Tampa or new England next year and I'd take him all day long.  

The NFL is just a weird business where things move fast.  But players go through good and bad times.  
It might be a good time to pursue him in dynasty.  It just seems that his inability to run between the tackles makes him best suited to be a 3rd down back.  He could still provide nice fantasy value as strictly a passing down back.

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding whether to roster Edmonds.  Kenyan isn't going to lose the lead role.  I would still roster Edmonds in a running back heavy league if I was confident that he would be lead dog if Kenyan got hurt but it seems like it could easily be a 50/50 split with David Johnson.  Or DJ could be lead dog.

Users who are viewing this thread