What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is the internet getting too personal? (1 Viewer)

snellman

Footballguy
We all know about companies tracking your searches for "personalized" ads, etc. but this e-mail from Joe got me thinking a bit this morning.

Hi Jason,

Good Sunday to you. I hope you've recovered for your Wedding Party Festivities. We've got the News and Notes you need so let's get to it.

J
My daughter did get married yesterday.  However, I did not have an event in my calendar for this.  It was only on Facebook as an event and group that my daughter created and made me a part of.  Remember the fear of "Big Brother is watching" back in the day?  Are we actually getting to that point?

Every daily email update I've received this season (28 now) have been personalized. First year I've seen it. As for today's email, I had to think for a second (not always a good idea first thing in the morning) as it didn't register right away. Adding the word "Royal" would have alleviated the confusion me thinks.

Now, if you were fishing snellman, you got me.

Every daily email update I've received this season (28 now) have been personalized. First year I've seen it. As for today's email, I had to think for a second (not always a good idea first thing in the morning) as it didn't register right away. Adding the word "Royal" would have alleviated the confusion me thinks.

Now, if you were fishing snellman, you got me.
:lol:  No fishing, completely forgot about the Royal wedding yesterday.  Obviously I was up past my normal bed time last night and I shouldn't be reading and posting this early in the morning on lack of sleep.  :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:  No fishing, completely forgot about the Royal wedding yesterday.  Obviously I was up past my normal bed time last night and I shouldn't be reading and posting this early in the morning on lack of sleep.  :bag:
Don't feel bad snellman. I didn't put i t together until someone pointed it out either.

Mine said:

Hi John,

Good Sunday to you. I know you got a few things done outside yesterday but couldn’t you have started earlier? I see you’ve had fishing on your mind a lot lately, but looking at your schedule and To Do list it just doesn’t seem realistic that you’ll get out on the lake today. Sorry buddy. Now get moving to work through that soreness so we can see if you can get back to last weeks’ average of 2.5 miles walked per day. We've got the News and Notes you need so let's get to it.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know about companies tracking your searches for "personalized" ads, etc. but this e-mail from Joe got me thinking a bit this morning.

My daughter did get married yesterday.  However, I did not have an event in my calendar for this.  It was only on Facebook as an event and group that my daughter created and made me a part of.  Remember the fear of "Big Brother is watching" back in the day?  Are we actually getting to that point?
:lmao:

That's funny, but it makes a broader point. That you had to stop and think about it makes tracking software and personalized ads seem weirder.  

Mine said:

Hi John,

Good Sunday to you. I know you got a few things done outside yesterday but couldn’t you have started earlier? I see you’ve had fishing on your mind a lot lately, but looking at your schedule and To Do list it just doesn’t seem realistic that you’ll get out on the lake today. Sorry buddy. Now get moving to work through that soreness so we can see if you can get back to last weeks’ average of 2.5 miles walked per day. We've got the News and Notes you need so let's get to it.

J
reminds me of this

Users who are viewing this thread