What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should I have turned this down? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Am I nuts for turning this down in a devy league?  This league we draft rookies and devys in the same draft.  The deal breaker for me was my 1st rd pick.

He gives
Fournette, Leonard JAC RB
Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR
Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick 

I give

Chubb, Nick CLE RB
Cooper, Amari OAK WR

Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play in any devy leagues, as yet, but on the face of it I would have done this deal.....personally 

I don't play in any devy leagues, as yet, but on the face of it I would have done this deal.....personally 
I have Gurley and Barkley, along with Bryce Love, Derrick Henry, and Najee Harris, and I think Cooper will have a big year and be better as a WR 1 than Ju Ju as a #2.  The thing about devy leagues that allow drafting of underclassmen with rookies in the same draft, is that it puts more value on later 1st rd picks.  We start at least 2 RBs.  I feel I can take a chance on Chubb and the later 1st, which will no doubt be an underclassman, over adding Fournette and losing Cooper to JuJu.  Call it a gut feeling.

I have Gurley and Barkley, along with Bryce Love, Derrick Henry, and Najee Harris, and I think Cooper will have a big year and be better as a WR 1 than Ju Ju as a #2.  The thing about devy leagues that allow drafting of underclassmen with rookies in the same draft, is that it puts more value on later 1st rd picks.  We start at least 2 RBs.  I feel I can take a chance on Chubb and the later 1st, which will no doubt be an underclassman, over adding Fournette and losing Cooper to JuJu.  Call it a gut feeling.
Your explanation makes sense, and i can see why you would pass and it was probably right to. Like you said though, not a bad offer.

I would have accepted.  I don't believe in Cooper and think Ju-Ju will outperform him moving forward.  I also think Fournette>>>Chubb so moving back a round would be worth it for the upgrade at both spots.  I see why you didn't make the deal based on your thoughts on Cooper.   It was a fair offer and I can see both sides of it. 

Users who are viewing this thread