Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
matttyl

2018 3 down LBs, who ya got?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

And I'll respectfully disagree with that.  This just isn't very likely at all.  I doubt even Shazier would get that percentage of the snaps in a year of perfect health(he was on pace for just around 90% last year, same as the year before.  The only recent Steeler LB to get to the 95% plateau with any regularity was Timmons).  Williams himself was heavily involved a year ago, even before the Shazier injury, and still played only around 75% of the Steelers total defensive snaps.  Dupree was the LB who was on the field the most, actually (over 81%) but he also lined up at DE.

Actually, they will...or at least, they have prior.  Last year in fact.  As I mentioned above, Williams was off the field for 25% of the Steelers total snaps on D for the year, and between 20-25% of the snaps each game after Shazier was shelved.  So, the Steelers absolutely were giving the dot to a player that was leaving the field a quarter of the snaps.  Not like there's only one helmet with a green dot on the team, you can have three, just only one on the field at a time.  While Shazier was healthy, this was basically a non-issue as he was only leaving the field around 10% of the time.  Once he went down though, they still cycled all the LBs including dot-wearer VW.  L.J. Fort was one of the other two guys with a dot, IIRC(Tomlin mentioned it in a presser or interview I think).  Not sure who the third was.  

Regardless, I'm sure they would prefer to have whomever is the playcaller out there as much as possible.  They will give the dot to the ILB likely to be on the field the most....and I already stated I think that looks to almost certainly be Williams unless injuries/something freaky happens.  The other inside guys are probably going to rotate depending on situation, regardless of which on of them "starts."  None are good enough in coverage, or as blitzers, to really be any kind of reliable option on third downs.  That's where the rookies/Burnett may enter the equation as Big Nickel options, etc.

 

One player isn't replacing Shazier, as I'd opine that the Steelers are well aware. And I would say there is no doubt it's a weakness on their D as of this date. :(

One of Bostic or Matakevich will, indeed, probably wind up being the 1st/2nd down guy next to Williams for most of the year.  The question that makes me ask is "what is that worth if they're playing maybe 550-600 snaps?"  and  "If both stay healthy, what if they wind up splitting those 600 snaps?  Are either worth toting around hoping one of the other gets injured?"  If a guy isn't seeing 700-ish snaps, I tend to want to look elsewhere.  Maybe that's just me.

Only inside guy on that team I'm willing to take a shot on is Williams, as I expect he is the most likely of their ILBs to get over 85% of the snaps.  I'm leaving the rest of the others to be someone else's headache.

You were respectable in your reply so I’ll do my best to do the same....please do research instead of just making guesses. Shazier missed 6 snaps through 12 weeks last year. He sat out 2 snaps in weeks 4, 11, and 12...so not just did he not sit out 10% of snaps on the year in games he played, he sat out exactly 1% of snaps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints nickel:

day1: Saints LBs AJ Klein and Demario Davis on the field together with the 1s in walkthrough as the two linebackers in a nickel package.

day2: Nickel backers are the same as yesterday.

Edited by BigSteelThrill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Saints LB core is a bigger mess than it was last year at this point in the season. I'll be throwing my darts elsewhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

So the Saints LB core is a bigger mess than it was last year at this point in the season. I'll be throwing my darts elsewhere.

I can read it as Demario Davis being the guy to get.  3-down WLB seems worth a fair amount.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

So the Saints LB core is a bigger mess than it was last year at this point in the season. I'll be throwing my darts elsewhere.

 

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's fairly cut and dry.  They want Anzalone to win a 3 down role, but built in a backup plan (Davis) in case he doesn't earn it.  Te'o and Robertson not surprisingly were insufficient last year.

Edited by MAC_32
gram-er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's fairly cut and dry.  They want Anzalone to win a 3 down role, but built in a backup plan (Davis) in case he doesn't earn it.  Te'o and Robertson not surprisingly were insufficient last year.

They aren't paying Davis $7M a year to be a backup plan.  I agree they want the other to be Anzalone but I see it as the plan is to have Klein as the fallback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

They aren't paying Davis $7M a year to be a backup plan.  I agree they want the other to be Anzalone but I see it as the plan is to have Klein as the fallback.

this. 

Anzalone, iirc, has an injury risk history from college. i think they'd like him to simply stay healthy and finish the season to evaluate his effectiveness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, Hankmoody said:

They aren't paying Davis $7M a year to be a backup plan.  I agree they want the other to be Anzalone but I see it as the plan is to have Klein as the fallback.

Yeah, I admittedly only looked at his 2018 cap number.  Completely forgot the heinous contract they signed him to.  Why is this team always flirting with cap hell again?

Davis, like versions before him in New Orleans (including Klein), is very replaceable.  But they're married to him at least into next season.  Kinda like they are with Klein right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, Robar said:

Steelers ILB Tyler Matakevich is the early favorite to start opposite Vince Williams.

Matakevich repped with the starters throughout the offseason. An undersized college producer, Matakevich has been limited to special teams his first two seasons, but only needs to beat out Jon Bostic to replace Ryan Shazier. It's a potential weak spot in Pittsburgh's defense.

Ray Fittipaldo's Steelers chat transcript: 7.30.18

Quote
  •  If both are healthy, do you see Bostic or Matakevich starting this year? 

Ray Fittipaldo: Good question. It appears they're giving Matakevich every opportunity to win that job. Not sure if he will win it, but they haven't been interested in working Bostic with the first-team defense all that much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

I'm a Matakevich guy but he has limitations and I fear that even if he's starting, he will only be a 2-down guy. Having said that, he racks up tackles at such a ridiculous rate (kind of like Chris Borland) when he's on the field that he may be able to sustain LB2/3 type value on more limited snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 9:37 AM, Crippler said:

Disagree on Reddick over Bynes as second guy. Also think Vander Esch will be on as 3 down guy. Maybe not first few weeks but early. Of course Lee gets hurt and than Smith gets his. I like Darius Leonard for Indy. May not be sure who but it could be very good. Maybe Morrison with edge right now. Does Miller not play all downs for Broncos. Kendricks with Chargers makes so much sense. I am not impressed with crew

Putting into tiers. No particular order

  1. Wagner, Alexander, Mosley, Ogletree, Edmunds, Jones,   Kuechley
  2. T. Smith, Barron, R. Smith, Kendrick’s, Z. Brown, Davis, Cunningham
  3. Jack, Evans, S. Lee, Vander Esch,  Martinez, Buccannon, David
  4. Trevathon, Collins, Alonso, McKinney, Williamson, McMillian, Foster
  5. Kirksey, Hitchens, Marshall, Hicks, Thompson, V. Williams, V. Miller
  6. Schobert,  D. Lee, Leonard, D. Davis, Foster, Perryman, Wright
  7. Morrison, Whitehead, Van Noy, J. Brown, Bynes, Ragland, P. Brown
  8. Littleton, Clowney, Vernon, Warner, Anzalone, Bradham, Goodson
  9. D. Johnson,  M. Smith, Ownsauser, Bostic, Hightower, Watt, Chubb
  10. Barr, Milano, Reddick, , Bradham, Ryan, Floyd, Davis

Future guys I like. O’Daniel, Burks,  White, Jewell, Jefferson, Baker,  Carter, Reeves-Maybin

In a league, I could live with any 4 guys from first 3 tiers and be very happy with my LB core.  Lots of good LB. One reason I don’t mind waiting but really jump in head first when I go. 

tier 4 has some nice names also. After this I question how good they will be. Tier 5 has guys with potential or previous usefulness but they don’t excite. Tier 9 is guys who might help now or could surprise still. 

 

Maybe i I should have put this is ADP thread

change with Kendrick’s signing. Feel really bad for Schobert and hurts Kirksey

 

 

why would preston be ranked so low .. hes a tackling monster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

 

 

why would preston be ranked so low .. hes a tackling monster 

He was a UFA this year and the best he could get was a 1 year deal for medium money from a team that's pretty well set at the position but will have Burfict open the season suspended.  I kind of thought he'd be more attractive than that.  Maybe he didn't get the big initial interest he wanted and chose a 1 year prove it deal, but with guys like Bostic and AJ Klein looking like starters I can't believe he couldn't get a better deal than that so I think the NFL is telling us something here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

He was a UFA this year and the best he could get was a 1 year deal for medium money from a team that's pretty well set at the position but will have Burfict open the season suspended.  I kind of thought he'd be more attractive than that.  Maybe he didn't get the big initial interest he wanted and chose a 1 year prove it deal, but with guys like Bostic and AJ Klein looking like starters I can't believe he couldn't get a better deal than that so I think the NFL is telling us something here.

kleinn sucks Bostic sucks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

kleinn sucks Bostic sucks 

Thanks for the high-caliber analysis.

That was my point.  Those teams didn't think enough of Brown to offer him a job better than the 1 year he got from CIN that isn't even guaranteed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 4:42 AM, massraider said:

AZ:  Buchanon, and you HAVE to assume Reddick beats out Bynes.

ATL:  Deion Jones.  With Campbell, Riley, Ishmael and Neal running around, I don't see a 2nd lock for this role.  Anyone hear different, I'm all ears.

BAL: Mosley.  Onwuasor had a stretch when he played 3 downs, but last month or so, he did not.  

BUF: Edmunds.  Maybe Milano? BUF might be able to support two top LBs.  

CAR: Kuechly and Shaq/Davis.  Davis has suspension for a month. Shaq will be 3 down guy during that time, I assume.

CHI: Trevathan and Roquon.

CIN:  Hmmmmmmmm.  Vigil, Preston Brown, Burfict.  :shrug:

CLE:  Hey, CLE ran three LBs all 3 downs last year.  With the new coaches, it'll be interesting to see how that changes.  Collins/Kirksey/Schobert all played 3 downs (Burgess when Collins was hurt).  CLE is pursuing Mychal Kendricks as well, seems to me one of these LBs could see his value plummet really soon.  

DAL: Sean Lee.  Vander Esch and Jaylon competing for other 3 down spot.  

DEN: Marshall.  No one else is up for 3 down role.  

DET:  Jarrad Davis.  Christian Jones, Devon Kennard, Killebrew, Diggs, Reeves-Maybin........I dunno if anyone else is a 3 down guy.  

GB: Martinez and Ryan.  

HOU: McKinney and Cunningham.

IND: I'm not betting on anyone here.  

JAX:  Telvin and Jack.

KC:  Hitchens. Don't see another likely guy.

LAC:  Ummm, I guess I go with Jatavis. Perryman never has put it together, a small wager on a Jatavis comeback seems safer than betting on Perryman to stay healthy AND stop disappointing.  Wiuth Derwin/Addae/Kyzir they seems to have several guys that could be nickel LB over any of these other stiffs.  

LAR: Barron and.......Littleton

MIA: Raekwon and Kiko

MIN:  Kendricks/Barr  Potential Kendricks landing spot.

NE:  Van Noy.  Hightower for 3 weeks, then Elandon Roberts after Hightower is injured for the season.  

NO:  I don't have a strong feeling here.  Robertson and Te'o were 3 down guys, they add Demario and Anzalone to the mix.  Anyone??

NYG:  Ogletree and Goodson.  I think Goodson underrated this year.  

NYJ: Lee/Williamson

OAK:  Whitehead/Johnson Potential Kendricks landing spot.  

PHI:  Hicks/Bradham

PIT:  Vince Williams.  I think there will be a S playing nickel LB next to him.  If you believe in Bostic, rock on.  Braver than me.  

SEA:  Wagner/Wright

SF:  Foster.  Some might say Malcolm Smith.  Umm, I dunno about that.  Fred Warner looks sexy to me.  

TB: Kwon/Lavonte.

TEN: Evans/Woodyard.

WAS:  Zach Brown/Mason Foster (I guess? I don't trust Foster)

 

 

I agree with all except Matakevich should be the other guy for Pit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, uazwildcats said:

I agree with all except Matakevich should be the other guy for Pit

 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, uazwildcats said:

I agree with all except Matakevich should be the other guy for Pit

 

On 6/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, massraider said:

AZ:  Buchanon, and you HAVE to assume Reddick beats out Bynes.

ATL:  Deion Jones.  With Campbell, Riley, Ishmael and Neal running around, I don't see a 2nd lock for this role.  Anyone hear different, I'm all ears.

BAL: Mosley.  Onwuasor had a stretch when he played 3 downs, but last month or so, he did not.  

BUF: Edmunds.  Maybe Milano? BUF might be able to support two top LBs.  

CAR: Kuechly and Shaq/Davis.  Davis has suspension for a month. Shaq will be 3 down guy during that time, I assume.

CHI: Trevathan and Roquon.

CIN:  Hmmmmmmmm.  Vigil, Preston Brown, Burfict.  :shrug:

CLE:  Hey, CLE ran three LBs all 3 downs last year.  With the new coaches, it'll be interesting to see how that changes.  Collins/Kirksey/Schobert all played 3 downs (Burgess when Collins was hurt).  CLE is pursuing Mychal Kendricks as well, seems to me one of these LBs could see his value plummet really soon.  

DAL: Sean Lee.  Vander Esch and Jaylon competing for other 3 down spot.  

DEN: Marshall.  No one else is up for 3 down role.  

DET:  Jarrad Davis.  Christian Jones, Devon Kennard, Killebrew, Diggs, Reeves-Maybin........I dunno if anyone else is a 3 down guy.  

GB: Martinez and Ryan.  

HOU: McKinney and Cunningham.

IND: I'm not betting on anyone here.  

JAX:  Telvin and Jack.

KC:  Hitchens. Don't see another likely guy.

LAC:  Ummm, I guess I go with Jatavis. Perryman never has put it together, a small wager on a Jatavis comeback seems safer than betting on Perryman to stay healthy AND stop disappointing.  Wiuth Derwin/Addae/Kyzir they seems to have several guys that could be nickel LB over any of these other stiffs.  

LAR: Barron and.......Littleton

MIA: Raekwon and Kiko

MIN:  Kendricks/Barr  Potential Kendricks landing spot.

NE:  Van Noy.  Hightower for 3 weeks, then Elandon Roberts after Hightower is injured for the season.  

NO:  I don't have a strong feeling here.  Robertson and Te'o were 3 down guys, they add Demario and Anzalone to the mix.  Anyone??

NYG:  Ogletree and Goodson.  I think Goodson underrated this year.  

NYJ: Lee/Williamson

OAK:  Whitehead/Johnson Potential Kendricks landing spot.  

PHI:  Hicks/Bradham

PIT:  Vince Williams.  I think there will be a S playing nickel LB next to him.  If you believe in Bostic, rock on.  Braver than me.  

SEA:  Wagner/Wright

SF:  Foster.  Some might say Malcolm Smith.  Umm, I dunno about that.  Fred Warner looks sexy to me.  

TB: Kwon/Lavonte.

TEN: Evans/Woodyard.

WAS:  Zach Brown/Mason Foster (I guess? I don't trust Foster)

 

 

What r ur thoughts between McMillan and Littleton who has most upside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 10:34 PM, DarkKnightsGuru said:

 

 

why would preston be ranked so low .. hes a tackling monster 

 

Same question with Whitehead.  When he’s on the field, he’s productive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Same question with Whitehead.  When he’s on the field, he’s productive.

Because he's supposedly playing SLB, which isn't usually a great fantasy producer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Because he's supposedly playing SLB, which isn't usually a great fantasy producer.

He doesn't fit that at all.  Gunther typically runs a base 4-3 with a pass rusher type at SLB.  MFL reflects that, and I'm actually surprised it's not Bruce Irvin, that's been his most productive role his entire career, although perhaps he can be just as/more effective at pure DE.

MLB
1. Derrick Johnson
2. Nicholas Morrow
3. Marquel Lee
4. Azeem Victor

WLB
1. Tahir Whitehead
2. Emmanuel Lamur
3. James Cowser

SLB
1. Shilique Calhoun
2. Kyle Wilber
3. Jason Cabinda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

He doesn't fit that at all.  Gunther typically runs a base 4-3 with a pass rusher type at SLB.  MFL reflects that, and I'm actually surprised it's not Bruce Irvin, that's been his most productive role his entire career, although perhaps he can be just as/more effective at pure DE.

MLB
1. Derrick Johnson
2. Nicholas Morrow
3. Marquel Lee
4. Azeem Victor

WLB
1. Tahir Whitehead
2. Emmanuel Lamur
3. James Cowser

SLB
1. Shilique Calhoun
2. Kyle Wilber
3. Jason Cabinda

Where are you seeing that other than MFL?  I've seen Whitehead listed all over the place, but would love to see him as WLB.

Edited by Alex P Keaton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's from Roto, which is what MFL feeds from.  They typically make designations based on what they see, although not sure how much/what there is to "see" right now.  We'll find out more this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Because he's supposedly playing SLB, which isn't usually a great fantasy producer.

 

Thanks for the quick response.  RW and FBGs both have him at WLB, which ought to be just fine for his production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Thanks for the quick response.  RW and FBGs both have him at WLB, which ought to be just fine for his production.

Cool.  Hope it plays out that way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

He doesn't fit that at all.  Gunther typically runs a base 4-3 with a pass rusher type at SLB.  MFL reflects that, and I'm actually surprised it's not Bruce Irvin, that's been his most productive role his entire career, although perhaps he can be just as/more effective at pure DE.

MLB
1. Derrick Johnson
2. Nicholas Morrow
3. Marquel Lee
4. Azeem Victor

WLB
1. Tahir Whitehead
2. Emmanuel Lamur
3. James Cowser

SLB
1. Shilique Calhoun
2. Kyle Wilber
3. Jason Cabinda

I figured Irvin would be the SAM, which is what made this Mack stuff so perplexing.  That line is a problem with no Mack nor Irvin.  But some Raiders follows have indicated he's slated for edge, which may help explain why Gruden is (incorrectly) making an issue with the Mack extension.  But it makes the LB group that much worse.  So, the Raiders defense still blows, which is a good thing for owners of whoever in the middle of the back 7 is on the field a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there usually a post or thread created by Jene Bremel on this very subject? Or does that happen later in the preseason?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, sdseagles said:

Isn't there usually a post or thread created by Jene Bremel on this very subject? Or does that happen later in the preseason?

 

There used to be... unfortunately Jene no longer contributes on the IDP side. He has cut back to strictly injury analysis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Giles Band said:

There used to be... unfortunately Jene no longer contributes on the IDP side. He has cut back to strictly injury analysis.

 

Well that sucks... Do you know if anyone else compiles such a list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sdseagles said:

Well that sucks... Do you know if anyone else compiles such a list?

No list, but there's weekly snap count data listed somewhere on the main page.  IIRC it's usually two days behind the actual games though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sdseagles said:

Well that sucks... Do you know if anyone else compiles such a list?


That's kinda what we're looking to do here.....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was about to say the same... I think there are enough reliable message board contributors here to maintain an accurate 3-down LB list.

That said, these boards aren't the same anymore without the contributions of Jene, Norton, et al... sigh.  :kicksrock:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Diego is one situation that I'm still currently trying to get a read on.  As mass raider mentioned earlier, it really is anyone's guess. He's picking Jatavis as a lottery ticket, but I am thinking Perryman is the one own here. Anyone have anything concrete on who's wearing the green dot and who's been playing in the nickel from camp and preseason game #1?  The above link from jhexel has Perryman as their green dot, but it simply seems like an educated guess and not a confirmed situation.

Edited by BigAl21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports I've read have Perryman as MLB with Brown as WLB, which is not what roto has listed. I have only seen speculation on who will be 3-down, but that speculation has consistently been Perryman/Brown, so far. The speculation also consistently uses terms like "muddled" like the most recent one I read, linked here

Kyzir White is a smart stash if you have room. He's had some good press and the guys ahead of him have lengthy injury and/or ineffectiveness history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAl21 said:

San Diego is one situation that I'm still currently trying to get a read on.  As mass raider mentioned earlier, it really is anyone's guess. He's picking Jatavis as a lottery ticket, but I am thinking Perryman is the one own here. Anyone have anything concrete on who's wearing the green dot and who's been playing in the nickel from camp and preseason game #1?  The above link from jhexel has Perryman as their green dot, but it simply seems like an educated guess and not a confirmed situation.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that still calls them San Diego.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Reports I've read have Perryman as MLB with Brown as WLB, which is not what roto has listed. I have only seen speculation on who will be 3-down, but that speculation has consistently been Perryman/Brown, so far. The speculation also consistently uses terms like "muddled" like the most recent one I read, linked here

Kyzir White is a smart stash if you have room. He's had some good press and the guys ahead of him have lengthy injury and/or ineffectiveness history. 

:goodposting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Perryman wearing the green dot in base packages, but J Brown started as the lone LB in the nickel package when Seahawks went to 2 minute drill before the half. Perryman then replaced him and hopped back onto the field when they made a quick stop along the sideline. They must be giving both some work in the nickel right now, so muddled is the perfect word to describe the LB situation IMO. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad someone is talking about the Chargers LBs, because I've been thinking about it.  There's a bunch of interesting pieces here, with varying level of sexiness.

At LB, Perryman, Brown both have had some numbers, both have enjoyed time as a IDP darlings for a bit.  Kyzir White has turned heads in camp.  

Addae has put up numbers at S, and Derwin James was just added, and I would be SHOCKED if he is not a complete Alpha stud.  

 

All this to say, Is this a solid investment, these Charger pieces?  Seems like there's a lot of uncertainty here, and I think they'll have the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the conference, which means fewer snaps for everyone, fewer opps.  Give me Bosa and Ingram all day long.  Give me Derwin James.

But these LBs, I am not sure if we are going to have a week in, week out guy we can count on, and  I really don't think there will be two of them.  

I will not go out of my way to own any of these LBs, too much uncertainty for what might not be a very big pie.  

Edited by massraider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am putting my money on Perryman. I own a share, so take my opinion with a big grain of salt. Appears both backers are in nickel, but the dime package is what I was referring to when I said they are possibly still figuring it out. Perryman passes the eye test to me and all the statistics with and without him on the field give credence to his importance. Even without winning the lone dime backer role, I would still like Perryman to not lose his job anytime soon. Injuries have been the thorn in his side, not play on the field. I cant saynthesame for Brown, who in my opinion, doesn't look fast and fluid in his decision making. His past production over like an eight week period has people continuing to buy, but I will invest in Perryman if he falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still a Jatavis fanboy and I'm encouraged that he doesn't seem as out of favour as he was last year, at least for now. I'm a bit concerned though about the presence of White and the fact that the run defense by all accounts continues to be poor - if that continues, it wouldn't surprise me if the coaches try other options (such as White), even if Perryman and Brown are the in-name starters at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on Haason Reddick? Started well last year playing inside but stumbled when moved outside. 

Switching to the 4-3 and playing MLB could really benefit him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Any word on Haason Reddick? Started well last year playing inside but stumbled when moved outside. 

Switching to the 4-3 and playing MLB could really benefit him. 

The Cardinals website lists him at SLB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex P Keaton said:

The Cardinals website lists him at SLB.

Hmmm.... I've seen both. 

Is there any recent news about his play? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

It's been consistent. Buch & Reddick are expected to be the 3 down LBs, though. 

Bynes is well regarded but I understand him to be strictly 2-down thumper type. I've been trying to find players on the WW that could give me some upside and/or reliable production. Bynes is near the top of the WW list for me at LB.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Hmmm.... I've seen both. 

Is there any recent news about his play? 

isnt Slb not a good performing position for Fantasy...

wouldnt that limit the guy being strong side Reddick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkKnightsGuru said:

isnt Slb not a good performing position for Fantasy...

Back in the day, sure.  

The theory being, the SLB plays over the TE, gets blocked more, the WLB gets to flow to the ball, etc.  That's in a base 4-3, with the TE next to the RT.  That's an NFL that we don't see anymore.  Nickel offense is the base, running plays out of the shotgun are the norm, most running plays go up the gut, because it's too hard to get the corner anymore, everyone is too fast.  

Get the guys who don't leave the field, and get the actual better players.  I don't even consider who is SLB, or WLB, or whatever.  If Telvin Smith is the SLB, and Myles Jack is the WLB, and I think Telvin is the better player, that's the guy I want.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.