What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Many Taco Bell Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch? (1 Viewer)

How Many Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch?

• 1-2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • 5-6

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • 9-10

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 16+

Votes: 16 10.0%

• Total voters

Henry Ford

Footballguy
It struck me today while picking up food for my office at Taco Bell that I was by myself ordering a "party pack" of Taco Bell crunchy tacos for lunch.  And I assume the staff thought I would eat them all.  Which seems disgusting.  But then I thought about it, and I bet I could eat close to ten of them if I really wanted to.  They're not that big.  The lettuce/cheese mix compacts well.  Very little actual substance to them.

So - how many can you eat?

I order mine sans lettuce (if I wanted a salad, I'd order one  :excited: ), so my number is probably skewed.  I went with 7-8, but now that I really think about it I could probably go up to 10.

is TB any good these days? i haven't had them in probably 5-7 years. i know they have been trying to "fix" their menu and make it more appealing somehow. i'd rather hit a Chipotle - and risk norovirus - than give TB a second chance unless there is a compelling reason why.

Other than the fact that most of the items taste the same, I don’t have any issues with Taco Bell. I went with 9-10, although 5 is plenty. 

I did an eating contest (wasn’t Taco Bell but similar)

24 is the answer (I won but in reality I lost) 
Coulda done this in high school and college. Would have paid a price, but I could have executed the mission.

I'm fatter now, but don't burn calories at anywhere near the same rate as 25-30 years ago. Five Taco Bell tacos feels like a decent lunch these days, so I think 10 would be pushing it for me.

is TB any good these days? i haven't had them in probably 5-7 years. i know they have been trying to "fix" their menu and make it more appealing somehow. i'd rather hit a Chipotle - and risk norovirus - than give TB a second chance unless there is a compelling reason why.
I've been going there on Fridays to make use of their dollar menu (short day for me so I eat dinner early).  The food is OK.

I did an eating contest (wasn’t Taco Bell but similar)

24 is the answer (I won but in reality I lost) 
I cannot hear a Taco Bell reference without thinking of my own Taco Bell eating competition entry.  It was at a Saint Paul Saints minor league baseball game several years ago.  I was asked on my way into the stadium if I wanted to take part in a taco eating competition on the field between innings.  I figured it would save me some money on consessions since I would be eating a bunch of food, so I jumped at the chance.  

At the appointed time, I found my way down to the meeting spot, and waited for them to bring us onto the field.  I didn't really chat with the two other contestants, but based on their size I thought I was in trouble.  They brought us out and sat us in chairs at a folding table, and put a pile of tacos in front of each of us.  I'm guessing we each at 10 in front of us, and they had bags more at the ready to distribute if we got through our first batch.  I was feeling a little intimidated, as that was a lot of tacos, and I didn't know how much time we had.  They started reading the rules, and I found out I had a mere 2 minutes to eat the tacos.  Doing some quick math, I figured I had roughly 10 seconds per taco to finish the pile in the two minutes.  I had been eating Taco Bell regularly since high school, so I knew a softshell if I wasn't in a rush was only 3 bites (four if they were nice and full).  I figured this was a race, so I was going to have to try to do it in two bites per taco.  

They shout go and I shove the first taco in my mouth, biting it right in the middle to start the first half.  I start chewing and realize that much food does not get chewed up as fast when you are loaded up like a chipmonk, so I chew and grind and try to get some swallowed down as I go.  

Now, I've watched the 4th of July hot dog eating competition to know the pros shove some more in before they get everything swallowed so I figure that will work for me.  With half a mouthful still unchewed, I shove the other half into my mouth.  I now have 3/4 of a taco in my mouth, and can't really chew any of it.  It is at this point I look to my competition.  The woman, who reminded me of Large Marge from the Pee Wee Herman movie was nibbling at her taco like it was tea and crumpets.  Looking at me, hunched over my pile of tacos Guy Fierri style, she simply states "I don't really like tacos, I'm just here to be on the field."  She doesn't have any empty wrappers, so I know she's on her first one.  I write her off as competition.

I turn to the guy, who is younger than me, probably mid 20s, and looks like he could have played O line at a DIII school.  I'm sure this guy swallows tacos whole, but he's on his first one too.  "I ate a lot when I got to the ballpark, so I'm not really hungry."  He says this is a condesincing tone, looking at me pitifully.  It seems he is saying it so I can ease up and just cruise to an easy victory.  I am insulted by his tone, and want to earn this victory.  

Unfortunately, with a mouth full of food, some of it not entirely inside of my mouth, I get hit by a fit of coughing.  Cheese, lettuce, and imitation beef product start spraying out of my mouth.  I of course don't want to cough all over these good people so I try to cough down in front of me as best I can.  Of course down in front of me is the next taco I am about to eat.  I know at some point they had announced how much time was left, but between trying to stop my coughing, and looking at my next taco covered in half chewed, well, tacos, I don't know what they said.  I know I had to put a little distance between me and the guy so I shove another half taco in my mouth and start chewing (some of it for the second time).

Shortly after I do that, they call time.  Competition over, and I WON!  Yes, I won by consuming a whole 1 1/2 tacos.  Oh, the pride I felt swelling inside of me.  Whoops, false alarm, it was not pride it was another coughing fit.  I pick up my empty wrapper to cough in to as the cute little between inning chica announces me as victor and hands me my certificate worth a WHOLE YEARS WORTH OF TACOS!!!  Oh joy, I think, I will be eating Taco Bell so often I might even get sick of it!  Oh, the irony since I could never get sick of Taco Bell!

Afterwards, I clean myself up and make my way back to the people I came to the game with.  I proudly pull out my certificate and look at it closer.  The "years supply of tacos" amounted to 12 free tacos.  Yes, a years supply amounted to one taco a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
is TB any good these days?
To me, the basic items (stuff that used to be on the 59-79-99 menu circa 1992) taste pretty much the same. They've cheaped out (even more!) on the bean burritos by usually leaving off the onion bits and red sauce. I find the crunchy taco shells break more often ... guess those are cheaper, too.

I've been going there on Fridays to make use of their dollar menu (short day for me so I eat dinner early).  The food is OK.
"the food is OK" is not exactly a ringing endorsement. i get there is a dollar:taste ratio to be expected with any fast food type meal but still.

"the food is OK" is not exactly a ringing endorsement. i get there is a dollar:taste ratio to be expected with any fast food type meal but still.
Their steak quesadillas rival some sit-down joints.  Cheesy Gordita Crunch is one of my favorites but it's like $3 by itself.  They used to have a $5 box that had one, a regular taco and chips/cheese w/ drink.  That was a tremendous value.  

Their steak quesadillas rival some sit-down joints.  Cheesy Gordita Crunch is one of my favorites but it's like $3 by itself.  They used to have a $5 box that had one, a regular taco and chips/cheese w/ drink.  That was a tremendous value.  
Cheesy Gordita Crunch is the bomb.  I still occasionally "make a run for the border" when I'm not doing well on my diet.  I always think "I'll get the $5 meal box and won't go overboard" but somehow end up spending $12, including at least one CGC.

I think we need to agree on a time, say 30 mins.  Saying during lunch could mean anytime, for instance (Bernie Mac voice) "when I go on break, I go on break"
I hadn't meant for this to be a thing, but let's say 45 minutes.

I'm more concerned with "Oh, ####, I can't eat anymore" than time.

There was a time when I would view something like as a challenge to which I must know my personal answer.

Today, I simply have no desire to know.

Am I drunk?  Double digit quantities, easily.  Get a ##### ton of that diablo sauce, too; really amp up the coming regret

Sober?  4, max.

Either way, crunchy shell is the option

In my better days I would have probably been in the 10-12 range but I'm past my prime and I think I would hit my wall at around 7-8.

Am I drunk?  Double digit quantities, easily.  Get a ##### ton of that diablo sauce, too; really amp up the forecoming regret

Sober?  4, max.

Either way, crunchy shell is the option
If we're talking hard shell, I am in the 7-8, maybe 9-10 range.

If soft shells are in play, I am zipping past double digits easily.

I hadn't meant for this to be a thing, but let's say 45 minutes.

I'm more concerned with "Oh, ####, I can't eat anymore" than time.
Yeah, rather than a total time to eat, maybe something like "How many can you eat in a row without taking more than a 1 minute break between bites?"

13 soft taco supremes 16 years ago. I had one or two more in me, but my challenge was 17 and I knew that wasn't happening so I quit before it got too fugly.  My appetite is bigger now, so I wonder if I could slay the beast today.

I never would but if I was really hungry after a night of drinking I would say at least 8. In my 20s 10-12.

Users who are viewing this thread