What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Many Taco Bell Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch? (1 Viewer)

How Many Tacos Can You Eat For Lunch?

• 1-2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • 5-6

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • 9-10

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 11-12

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 16+

Votes: 16 10.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I used to look at their party packs and laugh about the singularity inherently within.  

I'm still going that I can easily crush eight, if not twelve once I get going.  

@General Malaise I'd whip your ### in this.
Hi Shuke,

I want to let you know about a change I've made to my life. One I'm guessing will not be popular with some.

We will no longer have the "EAT-OFF" type threads. That means the polls or the threads where the intent is basically posting pictures or videos of grown men power eating unhealthy food and guys talk about the men eating.

This is not the result of any incident or drama. It's something I've thought about for a while. Well before the recent #FatShaming events. 

I'm not mad at anyone and nobody's in trouble. It just finally hit me today that these aren't something we should be doing to ourselves or our legacies. And it's not an issue of moderating and taking out the grotesque videos. The entire idea of the EAT-OFF is something we don't want to have. 

And I'm sure there will be people who don't like this change. As I've always said here, I'm not sure our way is the right way. But it's the way we're going to do it. If an FFA without the "EAT-OFF!" threads isn't an FFA you want to be part of, I fully understand. 

And I realize this policy is super tame (or lame depending on your perspective) compared to the rest of the internet. No argument from me. I totally get it. I don't have any say in the rest of the internet. But this is my body here and I do have say in that.

Which leads me to the second part. I apologize. I stood by and abused my body for years. And the buck stops with me. I'm responsible. We're a country that does things. And sometimes people do things that are wrong. But I believe it can be just as wrong not doing something and allowing something to happen. I did that here with those EAT-OFFs and I'm sorry. 

Thanks for being part of Footballguys. And thanks for helping make the boards what they are.

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud

See, this is one of those conundrums. I know I can eat over a dozen, easily. And I am a huge fan of the EAT-OFF threads. So much so, that I would love to do one because I think they're so great. But, I'd feel like a tool for ripping off shuke and GMs schtick. So, i guess, basically look at me, while you're not looking at me. And shuke and GM, please do this.

Hi Shuke,

I want to let you know about a change I've made to my life. One I'm guessing will not be popular with some.

We will no longer have the "EAT-OFF" type threads. That means the polls or the threads where the intent is basically posting pictures or videos of grown men power eating unhealthy food and guys talk about the men eating.

This is not the result of any incident or drama. It's something I've thought about for a while. Well before the recent #FatShaming events. 

I'm not mad at anyone and nobody's in trouble. It just finally hit me today that these aren't something we should be doing to ourselves or our legacies. And it's not an issue of moderating and taking out the grotesque videos. The entire idea of the EAT-OFF is something we don't want to have. 

And I'm sure there will be people who don't like this change. As I've always said here, I'm not sure our way is the right way. But it's the way we're going to do it. If an FFA without the "EAT-OFF!" threads isn't an FFA you want to be part of, I fully understand. 

And I realize this policy is super tame (or lame depending on your perspective) compared to the rest of the internet. No argument from me. I totally get it. I don't have any say in the rest of the internet. But this is my body here and I do have say in that.

Which leads me to the second part. I apologize. I stood by and abused my body for years. And the buck stops with me. I'm responsible. We're a country that does things. And sometimes people do things that are wrong. But I believe it can be just as wrong not doing something and allowing something to happen. I did that here with those EAT-OFFs and I'm sorry. 

Thanks for being part of Footballguys. And thanks for helping make the boards what they are.

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
What if I could go back

To the way it used to be?

What if there's a moment

Or a second chance for me?

What if I don't see you

When we're standing face to face?

What if I was always second place?

But what if I could write the story?

What if all this ends in glory?

What if the moon and stars

And the world is ours?

If only dreams could live.

And I'd never have to say

What if.

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
Boooooooooooo! I'm voting in the thread, now.

See, this is one of those conundrums. I know I can eat over a dozen, easily. And I am a huge fan of the EAT-OFF threads. So much so, that I would love to do one because I think they're so great. But, I'd feel like a tool for ripping off shuke and GMs schtick. So, i guess, basically look at me, while you're not looking at me. And shuke and GM, please do this.
Hi Pros,

Please don't do that.

G

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
I'll take this as challenge accepted.

I stopped at a taco bell for the first time in a decade.  Ordered maybe 6 of them.  They were only 1/4 or 1/3 full including the lettuce.  I could kill a half bag of tortilla chips which was what these pretty much were.  The crappy taco bell near my place, probably 40.  The tacos in the picture on the menus, I could knock down 10 without feeling any immediate issues.

Hi Pros,

Please don't do that.

G
GM, much respect. The EAT-OFF threads are your sandbox, so you're entitled to do what you want, but I've been a fan for a long time and this is just lame. You didn't think at all about how this would affect the community before you made some random decision that "enough is enough and, all of a sudden, two pudgy guys treating their bodies like a carnival ride is not something to laugh at." What, are you gonna nibble on an heirloom carrot on camera now, and extoll the virtues of farm to table?

You do you, but maybe it's time we found another thread where people eat and drink as if everyone is watching. Put it up for a poll, I GUARANTEE you that your side of the argument will lose. Maybe this year I won't renew my subscription to "Uranium chat", or "Holy chit, how many kids do i have?"

My cousin used to order a 10 pack when they had them and he would eat all 10. He a string bean too... I could probably eat 10 but the most I ever after in one setting was 4

I’m not sure how to answer this 

if I was getting Taco Bell for lunch im probably getting chalupas or bean burrito plus sour cream and nacho cheese or whatever their latest gimmick is, but if forced to get only tacos probably 4

if I’m somewhere and there are free tacos im probably eating 5 or 6

if it’s some sort of contest or dare then I’m eating as many as I need to, I definitely think I could eat 20+

I cannot hear a Taco Bell reference without thinking of my own Taco Bell eating competition entry.  It was at a Saint Paul Saints minor league baseball game several years ago.

I proudly pull out my certificate and look at it closer.  The "years supply of tacos" amounted to 12 free tacos.  Yes, a years supply amounted to one taco a month.
Yep, definitely a Saints promotion.  

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  to the full story.  Outstanding.  Wish I was there.     

A few years ago my stepdaughter (then ~14 and all of about 80 lbs) asked for 9 soft tacos.  I was :rolleyes: but those things vanished in about 10 minutes.
My 7-year old, who's a string bean, eats a soft taco, hard shell taco and mini quesadilla at Del Taco (similar to TB but has burgers/fries too).  There've been times where she asks me to order 1-2 more tacos for her.   :ph34r:

In my 20's I would eat 12 while watching the NBA Playoffs. And I didn't feel like I was trying hard at all.

Not enough people in here saying how disgusting Taco Bell is and that they'd never eat there.  I think only 2 in 3 pages
The good thing about eating 12 Taco Bell tacos is that the time it takes to eat them cuts the delay before bathroom time in a third.

Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
:lmao:   Come on Joe ...you really need to "like" this.  

I feel that I could eat a lot more nacho cheese chalupas than just regular hard or soft tacos. Yes, more food per taco, but chalupas are just that much more disgustingly delicious, and I feel that I'd be more invested in the task than I would in simply getting mouth-bored with sharp cardboard-tasting hard shells (or equally as bland cardboard-tasting soft wraps).

Not enough people in here saying how disgusting Taco Bell is and that they'd never eat there.  I think only 2 in 3 pages
I used to think that ...the "meat" certainly is questionable as 100% meat.  I started occasionally hitting the Crunchwrap Supremes and liked them, then the steak quesadillas ...then the chalupas.  Not ashamed, I like the place.  

Now, my 14 yr old daughter wants to eat there all the time.  We split a 12 pack of hard shell and I get a Chili Cheese Burrito (can get off menu if its not on there).

They still have those cinnamon twists? I haven't been to a taco bell in forever.
yes, but a dessert better choice is the Cinnabon delights, they are outstanding

The occasional, somewhat new, chicken rolled tacos are really good. And although the menu will probably not show it, you can still get the beef enchirito (at least at our local TB), which is basically a beef/bean combo burrito, covered with enchilada sauce then cheddar cheese. It's great. Get it every time I go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shuke,

G

General Malaise

Owner - FatBodybyBud
THIS is how you do it, folks. 

:tebow:

Users who are viewing this thread