What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Offline Draft Site (1 Viewer)

triple_f

Footballguy
I'm starting a dynasty league, and we want have an offline draft, 12-hour timer type thing.

I've done some searching, but no site seems to be head-and-shoulders above the rest.

What site should we use to conduct our draft? Thanks

Pwingles makes a good point, but the OP doesn't ever indicate he wants a website for his draft.

He's clearly looking for responses like "coffee shop" or "rented game parlor" or "airport lounge."  But a 12-hour timer precludes any of these.

For my money, the best site for a slow offline draft would be on a hotel veranda overlooking the ocean, with a gentle tropical breeze bringing the scent of salt and seagrass, and bar service on demand.  And of course, there would be a strong wifi signal.  Just because the draft is offline doesn't mean folks won't want to check their cheatsheets and breaking news...

12 hour timer per pick?  You're talking about it lasting weeks then.  Do it via email.  Make a spreadsheet, each person enters their pick and sends it to the group.  Be sure to make rules such as "email timestamp of one pick starts the clock on the next pick" or else you'll have people complaining that they didn't know it was their turn because they didnt check email.  

MFL lets you do draft-only leagues for free. That's why all the dynasty mocks are still on MFL.

Fleaflicker has an email draft mode (picks are untimed and you cannot predraft, but it works).

Pwingles makes a good point, but the OP doesn't ever indicate he wants a website for his draft.

He's clearly looking for responses like "coffee shop" or "rented game parlor" or "airport lounge."  But a 12-hour timer precludes any of these.

For my money, the best site for a slow offline draft would be on a hotel veranda overlooking the ocean, with a gentle tropical breeze bringing the scent of salt and seagrass, and bar service on demand.  And of course, there would be a strong wifi signal.  Just because the draft is offline doesn't mean folks won't want to check their cheatsheets and breaking news...
I think he actually means 'slow draft' and just used the wrong term

I think they are called Ted Kaczynski Leagues.

For those folks who have all the time in the world to draft, and hate technology no matter how much easier it makes drafting.

Just goes to show if you give a fella enough time to twiddle his thumbs and gaze at his naval.... those surrogate activity FF trophies start looking better and better. If you thought "zero-RB" was a radical departure I can't even imagine the strategies 'ol Ted has dreamed up.

wlwiles said:
12 hour timer per pick?  You're talking about it lasting weeks then.  Do it via email.  Make a spreadsheet, each person enters their pick and sends it to the group.  Be sure to make rules such as "email timestamp of one pick starts the clock on the next pick" or else you'll have people complaining that they didn't know it was their turn because they didnt check email.  
This. Even better than emailing around a spreadsheet...use a Google Sheet that updates live and auto-saves, plus you have a full revision history so if something gets messed up you can restore an older version of the document. Everyone can access it through Google Drive simultaneously. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. Yes, we want to do a "slow draft".

Doing a draft where everyone is in the room, in a "coffee shop" or "rented game parlor" or "airport lounge", is not possible. As league members live in different areas.

We've thrown around the idea of an email draft, which is the direction we will most likely go, just thought there was a good website that has a setup like this.

Thanks everyone. Yes, we want to do a "slow draft".

Doing a draft where everyone is in the room, in a "coffee shop" or "rented game parlor" or "airport lounge", is not possible. As league members live in different areas.

We've thrown around the idea of an email draft, which is the direction we will most likely go, just thought there was a good website that has a setup like this.
So you're actually asking about an On-line draft site.

What site do you use for you league site (scoring, standings etc.) (I,e. MFL, CBS etc.) - doesn't it have an on-line draft option? You can set the timer for however long you want.

Users who are viewing this thread