What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread *** Oscar (1 Viewer)

Mjolnirs

Footballguy
Alberto
Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce

Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine

Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sarah
Tony
Valerie
William

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like today may be a washout for much of the Florida peninsula. 

Alberto hugging FL west coast and wandering close to the Venice area but projected to turn N to NW later today.

This storm might be a disorganized mess but it's dumping some heavy rain on areas that have received a bunch of rain last few weeks.

I got caught in the rain band coming onshore now and the rain is quite heavy and ponding on the roads already

@RyanMaue: Since 2000, 122 girls were named Beryl by their nostalgic parents. 

From 1901-1919, almost 2500 Beryl's

Popularity peaked in the 1920s.

I hate this ####....really, I do.

:kicksrock:  
You and me both.  I'm getting my last water oak taking down Monday going to cost a grand which is pretty cheap these days for tree work.  At least I won't have to worry about it falling on my house this season.  I was without power after Irma for 10 days.  It seemed like the odds of spotting a power truck was about the same as seeing big foot at that time.  I really don't want to go through that again anytime soon.  I know it is minor compared to what some folks went through here and still going through in the Islands.  But jeez what a pain in the butt.

I hear both of you.  I just had a new deck finished, and have some trees I've been wanting to cut that I haven't gotten to.  They are small young trees that have grown over the last few years, near my pool and deck.  I would really like a season without having to prep the house.  Not going to happen, but it would be nice.

Also,  Chris has been named.

We’re getting close to the bad months.  Really hoping for the best here in FL.
Been here one year and hate this #### with the intensity of 1000 suns :kicksrock:  

We have a ####### tax free weekend for hurricane supplies!!!!!  :wall:  Wondering if that would apply to whole home generators?  Anyone know?

Been here one year and hate this #### with the intensity of 1000 suns :kicksrock:  

We have a ####### tax free weekend for hurricane supplies!!!!!  :wall:  Wondering if that would apply to whole home generators?  Anyone know?
Generators under $750 were included but the Tax free deal has expired as far as I know.

The water temps are cooler this year than years past by about 1 degree which believe it or not is supposed to be a big difference and lots of dry air keeping things from developing lets hope it stays that way.

The water temps are cooler this year than years past by about 1 degree which believe it or not is supposed to be a big difference and lots of dry air keeping things from developing lets hope it stays that way.
The pattern has been when monsoon season is bad hurricane season is not so bad.  If that is any indication then the worst hurricane this year will be a fart.  

Here is the August update.

UPDATE (AUGUST 2018): As of August 2, Colorado State University is still forecasting a season with below-average activity, as originally stated in their July update, below. They currently put the chances of a major hurricane (Category 3 or higher) making landfall along the East Coast (including Florida) at 20%, along the Gulf Coast (including the Florida Panhandle) at 19%, and in the Caribbean at 28%—all at least 10% below the average for the last century.

Anyone keeping track of Hurricane Lane? I'm heading to Hawaii at the end of September so I'm keeping an "eye" on things out there. 

Hopefully it just sideswipes the islands at worst. Most models have it heading north and then jogging to the west after it passes the big island. 

Anyone keeping track of Hurricane Lane? I'm heading to Hawaii at the end of September so I'm keeping an "eye" on things out there. 

Hopefully it just sideswipes the islands at worst. Most models have it heading north and then jogging to the west after it passes the big island. 
Yeah, was just coming here to post this. This sucker is a Cat 5. Scary stuff. 

Webcam from the Big Island (Ninole, Hawaii, northeast side of island, facing NE)

https://video.nest.com/live/uz9QvSOd6m

It's been going online/offline sporadically. The last time I looked a few minutes ago, it had just started to rain although there was a lot of cloud cover. No real wind to speak of so that is most likely not the reason for the outage. 

Was looking at this earlier today.  Last I saw it was going to stay offshore, so the main winds would be at sea, but all the island were going to get pounded by rain.

Just a heads up that there's a tropical wave off SFlorida / Bahamas that may bear watching. Storm isn't named but a couple of models suggest it could strengthen, cut across the Everglades and end up in the Gulf.

There are also a couple more tropical waves behind it. First week or two of September might see some action. 

Just a heads up that there's a tropical wave off SFlorida / Bahamas that may bear watching. Storm isn't named but a couple of models suggest it could strengthen, cut across the Everglades and end up in the Gulf.

There are also a couple more tropical waves behind it. First week or two of September might see some action. 
:sadbanana:   It’s that time of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread