What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Out of Office - 5/23/18 - how many emails do you come back to? (1 Viewer)

how many emails are waiting for you?

• <10

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • 21 - 40

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 41 - 60

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • 61 - 80

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 81 - 100

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • >100

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters

mr. furley

Footballguy
Let's say you send a note that you will be out of the office tomorrow, returning on Thursday.

how many emails are you walking back to in your inbox?

I keep 30 days of email locally on my machine and for the past 30days I currently have 14,558 (just under 500/day).

I work with a bunch of morons who don't understand that email is not to be used as a log server.   Filtering like mad and ignoring most of them is my default plan.  

Answered for current job. These guys have email under control and most of what I get is pertinent.

Previous job would have been between 300-400. Email was a plague there. Used like a hammer. People would try to make themselves look busy by sending out emails at off hours, very annoying and blatantly obvious behavior. Management would expect answers seconds after they sent an email, no matter what the time was. If you didn't, you'd be sure to hear about the lack of responsiveness. Others would send emails, even though you were an office or two away, again, just to make it look like there was activity. Was horrid, so glad that's over.

I work with a woman that will turn an email chain into an IM session. And we sit like 10 feet from one another. 

Same woman bet me that she could run a half marathon with no training. I could fill up an entire thread about this lady. 

She is not from this world.

Let's say you send a note that you will be out of the office tomorrow, returning on Thursday.

Probably about 200 on average, give or take. When I went to Europe for 10 days, I didn't log on once and came back to 2,300 e-mails.

I keep 30 days of email locally on my machine and for the past 30days I currently have 14,558 (just under 500/day).

I work with a bunch of morons who don't understand that email is not to be used as a log server.   Filtering like mad and ignoring most of them is my default plan.  
years ago i set up a macro to churn out emails to your troypolamolusfakemoustache@aol.com email

200-300. Probably 1/3 of those I can chuck in the trash right away, and probably 4/5 of the rest are taken care of by someone when I am off (my job can't not get done when I am not there), but it is still a challenge to catch up and weed through it all. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I average about 200 emails a day that require my attention or action.

I just wish i could stop getting copied on stuff that i have nothing to do with 
Can I like this about 700 more times.

The worst for me is when we a group email to all of the account managers, and the one who replies hits "reply to all" on every damn reply. Take us out of the damn email chain once we've established that the rest of us don't need to be in on that convo!!  I give the one guy #### about that on occasion and he just chuckles.  :angry:

over 100 per day, i'd come back to 500+,  accounting for a slow friday and tuesday.   

that's one job

the other job i'd have probably 100-150 total

i heard it on the RTRS the other day, funny stuff. Spike can definitely smell himself a bit too much sometimes, but i have to think this is the last hoorah for the lottery party.

ETA: i know pick wise it is (though i can see them try to have one next year with the Sac pick possibly #1), but it has ran it's course a bit. 

I went 100. A third are alerts I should make a rule to manage.  Half my team will either be on already and handle or will be asked for help with my out of office. The remaining 17 are half responses to stuff I’ve requested/initiates and 50% new inquiries to me/team. 

Most of this doesn’t matter bc I check in at least daily bc I hate coming back to emails. 

someone is clearly watching the FFA :oldunsure:

off Monday - 129 new emails

closed out last night with 0 unread. came in this morning to only 7 new :oldunsure:

:bye:  

I got exactly 100 emails into my mailbox yesterday.  That does not include the ones that got moved by automated rules which total probably 20 more.  Of those 100, probably 60 were of some value and 30 required some sort of action on my part.

About 100 on a given day. A bunch are distro list emails that I can file away right away but I still give them a glance. Probably half or so that I need to respond to or have some duty to perform.

I'm at 82 so far for the day, not counting any emails I have filters set up for.

That being said, I'm as guilty for contributing to the in-box spam. I sent 50 emails yesterday and will have at least that number today.
Emails sent in an average day would be an interesting number to determine as well.

I took last Thursday off and had 42 emails when I came in on Friday.Only about 25% needed some soft of response from me though.

My boss (Director of Finance) gets hundreds per day.

Users who are viewing this thread