What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post a picture of your first car (1 Viewer)

1992 Saturn SL2, blue black, 5-speed, grey interior purchased new in 1992 right after I graduated from college, my gift to myself.  I wanted a 1992 Honda Accord LX 5-speed but I couldn't find a dealership willing to sell one to me for sticker price, every dealership around wanted at least $800 over sticker, used prices were just as bad.  Saturn had an "amazing" 6.9% finance rate and no-one could touch that at the time.  It got totaled 18 months later.  Ah well.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Sort of had 3 "first cars"

Got my sister's 1975 Capri for a month or two.  Looked kinda cool but was meh to drive.

Then I given my step-mom's 1974 Pinto Country station wagon  in a beautiful shade of turd brown.  Mine didn't have the luggage rack, thank god.  That would have made it look stupid.

About a year later I bought my own 1977 Honda Civic.  Pretty solid little car.  Mine was white just like the one in the pic.  My friends called it "The Sperm".

1982 Tbird

1982 Thunderbird in that exact two tone combo...the last of the boring, blah T-Birds. It was my dad's driver for going back and forth to JFK. I drove it when he was home from trips and when he retired in 1987 I took it full time my senior year in HS.  

Drove it until I got out of college and bought a brand new 1992 Cougar XR7 black on black with the same 5.0 as a Mustang.  Man I loved that car.

1977 Chevy Impala.

Bought around 1989.  Tore the exhaust system off sometime in 1990.  Fast as hell and even louder.

Sat 8 comfortably.
Just looking at this pic brings back so many memories.  I can almost smell the spilled beer and cigarette butts.  All kinds of rules these days that limit the number of kids allowed in a car together.  They'll never know how good we had it.

Sort of had 3 "first cars"

Got my sister's 1975 Capri for a month or two.  Looked kinda cool but was meh to drive.

Then I given my step-mom's 1974 Pinto Country station wagon  in a beautiful shade of turd brown.  Mine didn't have the luggage rack, thank god.  That would have made it look stupid.

About a year later I bought my own 1977 Honda Civic.  Pretty solid little car.  Mine was white just like the one in the pic.  My friends called it "The Sperm".
Your friends sound cool.

1980 Oldsmobile Cutlous Supreme Brougham.  My parents bought it for me and my brother to share when I got my liscence, circa 1990.  I loved that car, but what a pirce of junk.  I'm pretty sure it was sitting in someone's yard is some tall grass for years.  The bottom was completely rusted, and it slowly fell apart of the next couple of years.  After my brother got his own car, I was set to buy it from my parents.  They put new tires on it and the tire place parked it in their lot.  My parents went to pick it up, and long story short, it never started again.

https://goo.gl/images/KUvteq

We had a Caprice Classic when I was a kid, I assume it was essentially the same car.
Our family car for many years was an Olds Custom Cruisers.  Similar to this, but I can't find a picture to do it justice.  It was silver, and the person we got it from had put chrome mag wheels on it.  It got some looks, let me tell you.  The best part of it was the 350ci engine.  The worst was the red vinyl interior that cooked your legs on hot summer days.

https://goo.gl/images/hxV7ZT

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
1980 Chevy Station Wagon (this pic is accurate down to the color)

this was my mom's car, purchased in 1980, that i was allowed to use 1986 when i got my license. light blue color, cloth seats, AM radio with one speaker in the dash (no cassette, no 8 track). headliner was falling down on one side in the back near the rear door, paint nearly completely peeled off the hood, and it constantly smelled of potting soil as it was used to move plants around for my mom's business. 

in our family it was simply known as The Heap. among my friends is was known as the Anti-##### Mobile since there was no way in hell a woman would ever think about making the sechsy-time after riding in this abortion of conveyance. 

i did get lucky at Jr. Prom when dad let me borrow the 1984 Volvo DL sedan, though he wasn't pleased when he found a prophylactic in the back seat the next day.  

Bought '76 Triumph Spitfire with my own money in '79 - $3,500.  Only had 36K miles on and looked new.  Powder blue.  My dad told me I needed a reliable car and these weren't reliable cars.  I didn't listen.  Went through 2 additional starters in the 18 months I had it until totaling it. Thing would just quit on the highway ...had to start it by laying a large flathead screwdriver across the 2 screws on the starter unit to short it.  

Spitfire (front)  Back

After totaling the Spitfire and still having payments left on it - I could only afford a $300 rusted out '73 lemon yellow Pinto Woody station wagon.  It came complete with mountain murals in the back windows, the front left headlight bungee-corded in place and soon the driver's side welded door latch knob rusted off and fell back into the well of the side panel. 

Pinto Woody

Henceforth, the door was only closed by wrapping the seatbelt through the window and then latching it around the driver's seat.  I got in the car by "Starsky & Hutching" it jumping in through the window or getting in the passenger side and climbing across.  Date mobile.  The muffler rusted in half and I had to hacksaw the tops and bottoms off of beer cans and then "C clamp" them around the ends of the muffler to hold it together.  This needed to be repeated every couple of months.  

I had a large butcher knife in the car that I had been using to weed the cracks of the driveway for my parents.  An old lady was beside me at a red light and was giving me a dirty look, something came over me ...and for a laugh, I picked up the butcher knife, and with my best Norse Black Metal Death scream, I plunged the knife into the passenger side dashboard.  I seem to recall she ran the red light to get away from me.  

From then on, all guests were invited to "take a stab" if so inclined, and it was always left in the dashboard like a knife block.  

1976 BMW 2002

Aunt gave it to me in 1982 with a blown engine and used my savings to have engine rebuilt only to have the transmission blow a month later.  Parents picked up that expense and it became my brother and sisters' first car after that ( I am the oldest of 6).

mine was a 63 amc rambler and if someone could put up a pic for me i would tell them they are a brohan take that to to the bank bromigos 

Users who are viewing this thread